TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
rkwsuperstar
kegs
James.k.Polk
7 posters

NebsyThread

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

NebsyThread - Page 5 Empty Re: NebsyThread

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

This is roughly what was done. I contacted my district manager, who contacted HR. I was advised to ask for a funeral notice. I told him a newspaper obit was not sufficient, that I needed the program  from the actual service.

I also reminded him that we have already spoken about his inability to put together a forty hour work week, and that the consequences would be that I would reduce his schedule to 32 hours/week.

I hate that I don't believe him about these deaths in his family, but it just all seems to coincidental. I'm already short handed at the mines this week. This kid's bullshit drama is not needed.

Sounds fishy. A murder should be easy to confirm if you have a name. We had a guy say his niece was abducted to get out of work. It was pretty easy to catch him in that lie.  I'd guess the murder was real and the second was to add on some extra days off.

Of all the things to lie with, just to get out of work, this has always struck me as stupider than any others.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by Patch Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:44 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

This is roughly what was done. I contacted my district manager, who contacted HR. I was advised to ask for a funeral notice. I told him a newspaper obit was not sufficient, that I needed the program  from the actual service.

I also reminded him that we have already spoken about his inability to put together a forty hour work week, and that the consequences would be that I would reduce his schedule to 32 hours/week.

I hate that I don't believe him about these deaths in his family, but it just all seems to coincidental. I'm already short handed at the mines this week. This kid's bullshit drama is not needed.

Sounds fishy. A murder should be easy to confirm if you have a name. We had a guy say his niece was abducted to get out of work. It was pretty easy to catch him in that lie. I'd guess the murder was real and the second was to add on some extra days off.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:49 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:OK opinions please.

I have a sales rep who asked for Saturday through wednesday off for a trip to Chicago to visit family.  On Friday he texted me that a family member of his wife was murdered in Chicago and that he would also need Friday off to leave early to be with family.

Now today he is texting me asking to take off the rest of this week through next Monday to attend a totally different family funeral in Mississippi.

Already I thought it was a weird coincidence that a person would be murdered almost exactly when he was already planning to trip to that city.  Now I am simply astounded at the coincidence that another person has passed away in this same time frame.

I don't know what HR and my district manager are going to let me do, but at this point I just want him gone from my store.

Step 0. Check with HR to confirm the wisdom of all further steps.

Step 1. Tell him you'll need verification. A notarized copy of the Death Certificate, and a copy of the obituary in the local newspaper(s).

Step 2. Tell him that he can take all the time that he needs, but if he comes back without the paperwork, he'll have a harder time keeping his professional reputation in check.

Step 3. If he starts to get antsy about the matter when told he'll need verification, tell him it's so you can cover his ass and yours. Cell Phone Mining Co. Will need a paper trail on all of this.

Step 4. If he tells you that he simply can not get any of the paperwork above, ask him him for a notarized letter from the places of businesses involved in the funerals. Tell him it'll have to be an official document on their business letter head. Remind him again, that you want to help cover his ass.

Step 5. If he can not give you any verification at all, whatsoever, calmly tell him "We'll, I take you at your word, but if the higher ups get onto me about this, I can't cover you very well."

Step 6. Monitor his publicly available social media. Facebook, twitter, instagram etc. If you see a bunch of party pics, and no mention of funerals, you'll know he's less likely to be telling the truth.

Step 7. When he gets back, let him know that he'll be lower priority for time off going forward.
             7a. If he has verification, disregard this step.

Step 8. Offer him extra hours once he's back so he can make up for lost time.

Step 9. If he doesn't shape up, fire his ass.

This is roughly what was done. I contacted my district manager, who contacted HR. I was advised to ask for a funeral notice. I told him a newspaper obit was not sufficient, that I needed the program from the actual service.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:44 am

James.k.Polk wrote:OK opinions please.

I have a sales rep who asked for Saturday through wednesday off for a trip to Chicago to visit family.  On Friday he texted me that a family member of his wife was murdered in Chicago and that he would also need Friday off to leave early to be with family.

Now today he is texting me asking to take off the rest of this week through next Monday to attend a totally different family funeral in Mississippi.

Already I thought it was a weird coincidence that a person would be murdered almost exactly when he was already planning to trip to that city.  Now I am simply astounded at the coincidence that another person has passed away in this same time frame.

I don't know what HR and my district manager are going to let me do, but at this point I just want him gone from my store.

Step 0. Check with HR to confirm the wisdom of all further steps.

Step 1. Tell him you'll need verification. A notarized copy of the Death Certificate, and a copy of the obituary in the local newspaper(s).

Step 2. Tell him that he can take all the time that he needs, but if he comes back without the paperwork, he'll have a harder time keeping his professional reputation in check.

Step 3. If he starts to get antsy about the matter when told he'll need verification, tell him it's so you can cover his ass and yours. Cell Phone Mining Co. Will need a paper trail on all of this.

Step 4. If he tells you that he simply can not get any of the paperwork above, ask him him for a notarized letter from the places of businesses involved in the funerals. Tell him it'll have to be an official document on their business letter head. Remind him again, that you want to help cover his ass.

Step 5. If he can not give you any verification at all, whatsoever, calmly tell him "We'll, I take you at your word, but if the higher ups get onto me about this, I can't cover you very well."

Step 6. Monitor his publicly available social media. Facebook, twitter, instagram etc. If you see a bunch of party pics, and no mention of funerals, you'll know he's less likely to be telling the truth.

Step 7. When he gets back, let him know that he'll be lower priority for time off going forward.
    7a. If he has verification, disregard this step.

Step 8. Offer him extra hours once he's back so he can make up for lost time.

Step 9. If he doesn't shape up, fire his ass.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:47 am

OK opinions please.

I have a sales rep who asked for Saturday through wednesday off for a trip to Chicago to visit family. On Friday he texted me that a family member of his wife was murdered in Chicago and that he would also need Friday off to leave early to be with family.

Already I thought it was a weird coincidence that a person would be murdered almost exactly when he was already planning to trip to that city. Now I am simply astounded at the coincidence that another person has passed away in this same time frame.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 am

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote: Baltimore though, that'd require lot's of air travel or completely uprooting.

Been there. not impressed. There are certain places up north that fulfill the stereotype. That's one of them, Philly, Boston. Lots of A-holes. Pittsburgh on the other hand, is one of the friendliest places I have been. I remember on trip to PA around Philly. We were there for a little over a week. During that week, no one was nice. It was crazy. Everyone from the lady at the hotel, the servers at the restaurants, to the guys we were working for, just beat you down with rudeness. We finally sat down at a Olive Garden and a nice girl came up to serve us. She was the first smile we had seen in a week. I said "Your not from around here are you?" She said "No, I just moved here from Cali" It was that obvious.

I'm not sure why, but when I passed through Baltimore on a road journey/spirit quest in '04, I knew I'd found a city that could be home someday.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:22 am

NebulaJack wrote: Baltimore though, that'd require lot's of air travel or completely uprooting.

Been there. not impressed. There are certain places up north that fulfill the stereotype. That's one of them, Philly, Boston. Lots of A-holes. Pittsburgh on the other hand, is one of the friendliest places I have been. I remember on trip to PA around Philly. We were there for a little over a week. During that week, no one was nice. It was crazy. Everyone from the lady at the hotel, the servers at the restaurants, to the guys we were working for, just beat you down with rudeness. We finally sat down at a Olive Garden and a nice girl came up to serve us. She was the first smile we had seen in a week. I said "Your not from around here are you?" She said "No, I just moved here from Cali" It was that obvious.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:57 am

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

Yeah, if that dude is the heir apparent to the company, it's gonna go off the wire when he's put in charge.

We have already made it very clear. When they retire, he goes with them or we quit. On the other side of that coin, If they were to flip us the bird and put him in charge, his first 2 phone calls would be to fire me and the operations manager.
    I do get to fuck with him this morning. He has this new process for adjusting pricing to maximize profits. His thought is 50% of the price goes to overhead, then you subtract the employee pay and whats left is profit. It makes sense on paper, but doesn't take into account volume. If my overhead is 100k per month and I did 500K worth of work that month, my overhead would not increase from 100K to 250K just because I did more work.

So I'm sending him a quote to use this math on. Best I can tell, because his math doesn't account for volume, he should come back saying we lose $10 an install, even though I know we will make 50K after we pay the tech.

I have been all over the US for work and SF is without the doubt the best place I have had to go for work. It's beautiful there and there is so much to do. I was only there one day but had a blast.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a leach in human skin.

Also, I've not been to Frisco, but San Diego is lovely. Part of the overall plan is to have a shitty apartment in LA, in addition to keeping a place in Eugene and then traveling back and forth via spamtrak. Working in the LA area is more appealing than living in it. Portland is another place that would be easy to bounce between. Baltimore though, that'd require lot's of air travel or completely uprooting.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Yeah, if that dude is the heir apparent to the company, it's gonna go off the wire when he's put in charge.

We have already made it very clear. When they retire, he goes with them or we quit. On the other side of that coin, If they were to flip us the bird and put him in charge, his first 2 phone calls would be to fire me and the operations manager.
    I do get to fuck with him this morning. He has this new process for adjusting pricing to maximize profits. His thought is 50% of the price goes to overhead, then you subtract the employee pay and whats left is profit. It makes sense on paper, but doesn't take into account volume. If my overhead is 100k per month and I did 500K worth of work that month, my overhead would not increase from 100K to 250K just because I did more work.

So I'm sending him a quote to use this math on. Best I can tell, because his math doesn't account for volume, he should come back saying we lose $10 an install, even though I know we will make 50K after we pay the tech.

Sleverin wrote:@Nebula
     Why not rock it on down to the Bay?  It's much nicer here.

[quote="theIllustriousDrGonzo"]

Ca I ever made it out there I'd much rather visit SF

I have been all over the US for work and SF is without the doubt the best place I have had to go for work. It's beautiful there and there is so much to do. I was only there one day but had a blast.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:49 am

So... this is weird. I took a power sleep at 4is am. Just now, I woke up ahead of a text message, like less than a minute after spontaneously awakening at 7:30ish, a text comes in. Cool Dawg a.k.a. Got Me Hired Friend is askin' if I can cover his 11-23-6 shift at work. He also mentions the raincoat isn't at work... because he took it home to wash it. I told him I've got my final final at 12noon, and then I was planning to call into work to see if they need extra help.

Also, my internet went down around 1am last night. I called ScamCast and got offered a $10 credit. While waiting to talk to a manager to get a higher amount, the internet resumed working and they gave me the credit anyway!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:46 am

Can I ask why you'd want to move to LA so badly?  As someone who used to live in the area and visit the city proper, I can tell you that area is a literal shithole.  I dunno if you "couldn't survive it" but you might grow to hate it.  Why not rock it on down to the Bay?  It's much nicer here.

It's one of a few cities I'd want to try out for a couple of years just to see what it's like living there. Same for Portland and Baltimore.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:

Can I ask why you'd want to move to LA so badly?  As someone who used to live in the area and visit the city proper, I can tell you that area is a literal shithole.  I dunno if you "couldn't survive it" but you might grow to hate it.  Why not rock it on down to the Bay?  It's much nicer here.

Agreed. I know Bryce lives in LA but I told him if I ever made it out there I'd much rather visit SF

I miss the SoCal weather and, if my extended family still generally lived in the same area, I'd be more than happy to move down there. However, we have scattered to the four winds, and I don't drive. I've come to like it here, much as it has changed a bit too much to hipster and tech broish, there are still a lot of things to do here on the creative front. I don't take any advantage of them but the option that its there is still nice.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Agreed. I know Bryce lives in LA but I told him if I ever made it out there I'd much rather visit SF
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:44 pm

@Nebula

Can I ask why you'd want to move to LA so badly? As someone who used to live in the area and visit the city proper, I can tell you that area is a literal shithole. I dunno if you "couldn't survive it" but you might grow to hate it. Why not rock it on down to the Bay? It's much nicer here.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Patch wrote:

Well...We can make him disappear.

He already does that. I called over there a couple of times at 2pm and he was already gone for the day. He also takes most Fridays off, and bumped his title up to CFO without asking anyone. He just went and had cards made and sent in the info to our web designer to add.

I thought about having "The Most Magnificent one" added to mine when he did, just to mess with him.

What a turd. Guys like that really grind my gears.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Patch wrote:

He already does that. I called over there a couple of times at 2pm and he was already gone for the day. He also takes most Fridays off, and bumped his title up to CFO without asking anyone. He just went and had cards made and sent in the info to our web designer to add.

I thought about having "The Most Magnificent one" added to mine when he did, just to mess with him.

https://youtu.be/NRUMPEPNJjw
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Patch wrote:

What a turd. Guys like that really grind my gears.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:32 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 pm

What I can't do is day after day, watch Son in Law, tear up what I have spent nearly 20 years helping build. I do my job and do it better than anyone. I'll continue to do it, but the passion has been sucked out of this place.
    [/quote]

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    I'm glad to not be living with assholes anymore.

No good deed. Glad you got out of that situation. I let my ex wife's daughter, hubby and her kids move in to help them out. It was a mess. It was supposed to be a month until they could find a place. Before the month was done, both had quit their jobs. My bills shot through the roof, groceries were always gone. They wouldn't help around the house. This went of for several months. I finally had to say, get out, live in the street if that's what you need to do, but you can't stay here. I gave then deadline and suddenly they both had jobs and were back on their feet.

Yeah, the Lion in his Den has been mooching off... pretty much everything as long as I've known him. One of his girlfriends has confided in me desires to leave them all behind, including her son. I've kept a lid on it, even to the rest of that family, but she knows I'll help her if she needs it. I'd love to see him get things sorted and actually make it as a game dev, but he doesn't work well with others and is very down dragging. I'll likely keep on his good side until it's time to head out to LA, Portland or Baltimore. After that, I'll continue to keep channels open just so anyone that wants to get away has an exit option, which would be me getting them a ticket to some city I don't live in.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:18 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

No good deed. Glad you got out of that situation. I let my ex wife's daughter, hubby and her kids move in to help them out. It was a mess. It was supposed to be a month until they could find a place. Before the month was done, both had quit their jobs. My bills shot through the roof, groceries were always gone. They wouldn't help around the house. This went of for several months. I finally had to say, get out, live in the street if that's what you need to do, but you can't stay here. I gave then deadline and suddenly they both had jobs and were back on their feet.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    Does that include a side thing that's completely unrelated to your current field. For example, if you started a hobby business making and selling puppets of Marvel characters beginning with a line of puppets based on the eXiles, would you go on the firing list, or would it have to be something that would step onto the toes of the company directly?

Related is how I see it. I've been doing this for 20 years. I've made millions for the company I work for. That may sound like bragging but it's true. They have taken my ideas and the cash has rolled in. I wouldn't be direct competition. Again these are ideas that they don't want to explore. I wouldn't be installing or servicing anything.  I would be consulting with companies, the best way to do it. Hardware recommendations, project management, shipping schedules.  In fact I would be bringing work to our company as they would be my recommended vendor.
    The thing is, If I did this at our company, I would put in hours of work, bring in extra cash for whatever I was able to charge, but it wouldn't put a penny in my pocket. I'd still have to do my job here. It would just be making more work for myself that they would capitalize on. That doesn't interest me. It may not have any legs, but I think there is a market for it. If it's my dime and my time, I can be wrong, work at my own pace.

Sounds cool to me. If you're ever up for consulting on a business venture of mine, I'd throw some work your way.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:12 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    Does that include a side thing that's completely unrelated to your current field. For example, if you started a hobby business making and selling puppets of Marvel characters beginning with a line of puppets based on the eXiles, would you go on the firing list, or would it have to be something that would step onto the toes of the company directly?

Related is how I see it. I've been doing this for 20 years. I've made millions for the company I work for. That may sound like bragging but it's true. They have taken my ideas and the cash has rolled in. I wouldn't be direct competition. Again these are ideas that they don't want to explore. I wouldn't be installing or servicing anything. I would be consulting with companies, the best way to do it. Hardware recommendations, project management, shipping schedules. In fact I would be bringing work to our company as they would be my recommended vendor.
    The thing is, If I did this at our company, I would put in hours of work, bring in extra cash for whatever I was able to charge, but it wouldn't put a penny in my pocket. I'd still have to do my job here. It would just be making more work for myself that they would capitalize on. That doesn't interest me. It may not have any legs, but I think there is a market for it. If it's my dime and my time, I can be wrong, work at my own pace.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:52 am

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

So, by "take a few ideas", do you mean your own that've been in yer head? Are yo6 looking for suggestions? If you got yo6r own notion and need a web desinger, graphic designer or a writer of site pages, let me know. I got some friends out here you could commission.

I may take you up on that. I assume unless things change, I will one day be a partner at our company. There is a lot of money we leave on the table, due to thinking too big. If I see an opportunity that could make us a quick 6K they would rather up sell it. Over complicate the process, include more scope than is needed and try to turn it into a 30K job. I get the mentality, but it usually prices us out of the deal.

My thought it to develop a consulting service. Do the leg work on my own time, my expense. See how valuable the service could be alongside our business. Then if I'm made partner, it rolls right into our catalog of services. If that doesn't pan out, I have a fallback plan for the future. I don't see it being an issue until I actually roll it out and try to make some money from it. Then it will probably put cross-hairs on my back at work.
    My boss is a great guy, truly one of the best people I know. He is generous, fair, and reasonable, until someone starts trying to do something outside of our company. I think he sees it as a betrayal. We had some long time employees that have done it in the past. Nothing they really made cash with, or effected how they did their jobs here, but they go on the "soon to be fired" list as soon as they do. So if I had my choice I would rather roll it in.

What I can't do is day after day, watch Son in Law, tear up what I have spent nearly 20 years helping build. I do my job and do it better than anyone. I'll continue to do it, but the passion has been sucked out of this place.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:47 am

I don't think I mentioned much about the guest that was staying with me last year, or her boyfriend. They're both dear friends of mine, but that changed while they were staying in the spare room of my house.

The guest, I'll call her lost-one, had a mental breakdown, and her boyfriend's living situation couldn't work for her. He's got two other girlfriends, and they have a kid each with him. All 6 of 'em have been living with his aunt and uncle. Lost-one has mental blackouts from time to time, and will often attempt to harm herself or others. After a bad one in February of last year, when she had a really bad one, her boyfriend (I'll call him the Lion in the Den) was told by his Aunt and Uncle that she couldn't stay there until she got things sorted. They'd need her to take therapy/rehab sessions for as much as a year before they'd be comfortable with her coming home.

I agreed to let her move in, with the understanding that she'd be getting a job through a work program for people with mental health issues. he'd be coming over from time to time to check on her. The situation quickly developed into her and him having a room in the house, with neither of them working, and Lion making more and more suggestions/demands. This included moving the wifi modem closer to their room and getting pissy when I was too tired to make coffee, while also complaining about it not being strong enough when I did.

One day, when I talked about my ongoing intentions of moving to Los Angeles at some point, while keeping a place in Eugene, Lion started telling me again how I don't want to move to LA, because I can't handle it, and trying to convince myself that it's what I want isn't healthy. When I tried to change the subject, he kept going and eventually blew up and started yelling at me. It got to the point where he was telling me what a shitty person I'd become if I moved to LA, and that abandoning the creative project he and I have talked about working would hurt him enough that he'd lose respect for me as a friend. As I kept arguing the point, he eventually started talking about wanting to hit me because of how insulting I was being.

It was at this point that I started to question my friendship with the Lion in his Den... especially since he now had a secondary den which I'd referred to as my house, but was no longer feeling like "my" house.

When my brother and sister in law came out to visit last year, I introduced Lost-one as my room mate, and Lion as her boyfriend. We took off for the day, and swooped back later on. There were only here for a few minutes. Later on, Lion asked why I hadn't introduced him as my friend. It took awhile for me to tell him, but the truth was that I didn't want a conversation starting up between the two of them that would lead into the question of what he or Lost-one did for a living. If my brother had been told that they weren't working and were essentially living rent free, he'd have been furious. He likely would have said something that would have gotten Lion pissed off enough to start talking aggressively, and then things would have gone to shit.

When I told Los-one and Lion about all the concerns, she said that if my brother had been told about her situation, he'd surely understand. After all, he seemed like such a nice guy. It wasn't too hard to explain, that no, my brother would not understand, or give a fuck. At best, he'd offer up a statement like "You're situation sucks, but it isn't Nebula's problem, and he doesn't owe you losers shit." Lion said that yeah, he probably would have kicked my brother's ass over that, and I chuckled. Mi hermnao is one of the most peaceful, and pacifistic guys in the world, which usually makes for a dangerous fighter when forced. Even without Lion's physical handicaps (he's got a fucked up leg among other problems) there's zero chance he could whip the ass of a peaceful man put into a forced fight. The fact that Lion would have made an issue out of that, and taken things to a violent level is also part of why I question the "friendship" between us.

Lion and Lost-one also sowed a bit've discord between me and my room mate, though not as much as they attempted. I won't go into great detail, but I think they wanted to force an issue of "Him or Us" in hopes that he'd move out and there'd be a better room available. It didn't work. When Lost-one blew up at Man of the Hill (my room mate) over some misunderstanding about food in the fridge, he told me straight up "If she's gonna start doing this kind of bullshit, I can just move back to my family's house." In return for the honesty, I let him know "If it comes to a choice between them or you, they've lost since day zero. If you want me to kick 'em out now or later, just say the word and it's done."He said that if she blew up at him again, he wanted them gone. Once I relayed this to Lion and Lost-one, they throttled back. It also came to light that there might have been a thief sneaking in and stealing food, though i never confirmed that. It's worth noting that the problem went away completely after they moved out.

During the process of Lion and Lost-one leaving, he insisted on being at White Elephant Party that was already intended to be attended by Cool Dawg (a.k.a. "Got Me Hired" friend from work). When I told cool dog about this, he dropped out of attending, because he doesn't want to even be in the same room as Lion anymore (details on that another time).

A few weeks back, when there was a going away party planned for the friend that's moving (who the White Elephant party was a fundraiser for), Lion ended up being at the place it was at too. He'd heard about a Game Dev night at the barcade where the going away party was planned. When he called to ask if I was going, I told him about the going away party and that while he wasn't invited, I wasn't going to tell him where he could or couldn't go. When Cool Dawg asked about whether or not he'd be there that night, I lied... because while I think Cool Dawg would be hurt and lose respect when I tell him (which I plan to later this week), I don't think he'll try to whip my ass or break my spirit. I can't say the same thing about how Lion would react if I'd asked him not to attend.

Last night, before New Room Mate moved in, I told Man of the Hill about all the stuff I hadn't told him while Lion was still living here. All the abusive behavior from Lion just happened to occur when Man of the Hill wasn't around. Man'o'th'Hill told me that he didn't think less of me for anything I did in response to that, and that as far as he's concerned, confessing to Cool Dawg about the lie isn't necessary, unless I want to do it for myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am