TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
rkwsuperstar
kegs
James.k.Polk
7 posters

NebsyThread

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

NebsyThread Empty Re: NebsyThread

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:46 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Hello. Haven't been around much lately. Things have been hectic and I've been feeling a little bummed out..Anyway not going to go into it. I just wanted to say hey and I hope everyone is doing ok.

Hectic? Didn't you just spend four days pooping in the woods?

I'm pretty sure you just schedule those treks when your secret mushroom stash runs low.

I did. And then I came home and immediately had family in town for the weekend. Tuesday  my friends plane arrives and she'll be here till Sunday. Not much breathing room.

I note no denial of the mushrooms accusation.

And I never will.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:25 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Hello. Haven't been around much lately. Things have been hectic and I've been feeling a little bummed out..Anyway not going to go into it. I just wanted to say hey and I hope everyone is doing ok.

I'm pretty sure you just schedule those treks when your secret mushroom stash runs low.

I did. And then I came home and immediately had family in town for the weekend. Tuesday  my friends plane arrives and she'll be here till Sunday. Not much breathing room.

I note no denial of the mushrooms accusation.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:51 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I did. And then I came home and immediately had family in town for the weekend. Tuesday my friends plane arrives and she'll be here till Sunday. Not much breathing room.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:42 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:46 pm

In regards to this place being not as lively.

I check in when I can. Sometimes I don't comment because I feel like I don't have anything to ad to the conversation. I feel like this place is more intimate as there are so few of us, so it's easier to carry on actual discussions about things going on in our lives or things that are on our minds. I think the facebook page is so successful because it's a place for people to pop in, make a quick comment, share a joke, etc. or just to talk about their favorite/trending nerd related topic, which seems to be what the majority of the people want. If you remember the original haunted threads weren't very active outside of the few of us as well. But I've seen quite a few people pop in and post an interesting comment, or start an actual conversation. I don't know. I'm rambling.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:40 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:i go to the doc on wed...get my staples out.  hopefully, i get this leg brace off so i can get up by myself.  maybe get a cast or splint that frees up a couple of fingers.

Eeeew. That's gross.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:25 pm

Looks like there's a new thread now.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:17 pm

Hello. Haven't been around much lately. Things have been hectic and I've been feeling a little bummed out..Anyway not going to go into it. I just wanted to say hey and I hope everyone is doing ok.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Patch wrote:Hump day
    Doing my part to make things better around here
    NebsyThread DTuaqjS

Also, new poll, heh heh heh, poll.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Hump day
    Doing my part to make things better around here
    NebsyThread DTuaqjS
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Is it only me that often doesn't get notifications that posts have been added to this forum?

I often miss interesting bits of information until it is too late to add a comment. I'm also finding a lot of things I post font get replied to. That could mean that most one is seeing them or that I'm just not interesting.

Probably both.  Anyway, I'm a little disenchanted with this space.

Patch? Any thoughts?

I think it's a timing thing. I am not around much on weekend or nights, so I'm late to most conversations. I read everything from my last post to catch up, but like you, I usually don't respond because it could be 2 days have passed.
    I check the FB page but there isn't really conversation going on there. Just pics and joke comments. Which is fine, it just doesn't really engage me. Not sure what would improve things around here, except more members.
    The other sections of the board are mostly unused.

Open to any suggestions y'all have. It's everyone space.

i think the issue is membership.  there's only a few of us.  so if we get busy, nothing gets posted.  i like this place.  there's just not a lot of activity.

also, are you requesting notifications on each thread?
    I thought so. Problem is that on my tablet it's easy to accidentally touch th "disable notifications" link by mistake.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Is it only me that often doesn't get notifications that posts have been added to this forum?

I often miss interesting bits of information until it is too late to add a comment. I'm also finding a lot of things I post font get replied to. That could mean that most one is seeing them or that I'm just not interesting.

Patch? Any thoughts?

I think it's a timing thing. I am not around much on weekend or nights, so I'm late to most conversations. I read everything from my last post to catch up, but like you, I usually don't respond because it could be 2 days have passed.
    I check the FB page but there isn't really conversation going on there. Just pics and joke comments. Which is fine, it just doesn't really engage me. Not sure what would improve things around here, except more members.

i think the issue is membership.  there's only a few of us.  so if we get busy, nothing gets posted.  i like this place.  there's just not a lot of activity.

also, are you requesting notifications on each thread?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Patch wrote:

Patch? Any thoughts?

i think the issue is membership. there's only a few of us. so if we get busy, nothing gets posted. i like this place. there's just not a lot of activity.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

yea, they are cute and would be fun for a weekend retreat.  but i can't imagine living in one alone full-time, let alone with a spouse and kids.  but these people always want to "entertain" and complain there's no space for it, etc. of course there's no space for it, it's a shed  

I watched one last night where the couple had 2 young kids, I'm guessing under 5, and the guy was 6'10". They were talking about how they couldn't wait to raise their family there. I assume it will end up being his man cave in a few years.

yea, I've seen a few with young kids. These poor kids, under 5, having to sleep all together in a loft. Not even my kids and i'm freaking out about them falling out of the loft.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:14 am

Patch? Any thoughts?

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:46 am

Is it only me that often doesn't get notifications that posts have been added to this forum?

Probably both. Anyway, I'm a little disenchanted with this space.

Patch? Any thoughts?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:12 am

Are any of you watching Angie Tribeca? I caught an episode last week and it's stupid funny. Very Naked Gun.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:09 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

yea, they are cute and would be fun for a weekend retreat.  but i can't imagine living in one alone full-time, let alone with a spouse and kids.  but these people always want to "entertain" and complain there's no space for it, etc. of course there's no space for it, it's a shed  

I watched one last night where the couple had 2 young kids, I'm guessing under 5, and the guy was 6'10". They were talking about how they couldn't wait to raise their family there. I assume it will end up being his man cave in a few years.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:40 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:i go to the doc on wed...get my staples out.  hopefully, i get this leg brace off so i can get up by myself.  maybe get a cast or splint that frees up a couple of fingers.

Cool. See if you can get them to put in those fins like batman has on the side of his gloves.
    It would be so amazing if you could find Mel Gibson and Joachim Phoenix and get them to sign your cast. Then you could have a cast signed by the cast of Signs.

Just glad to hear you're on the mend.

"See if you can get them to put in those fins like batman has on the side of his gloves."  they already think i'm odd. i asked if there was a video of my surgery i could have.  sadly, there is not.

Aww.  Ask for a copy of the x-rays.

already did. those i will be getting.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:38 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:

Cool. See if you can get them to put in those fins like batman has on the side of his gloves.
    It would be so amazing if you could find Mel Gibson and Joachim Phoenix and get them to sign your cast. Then you could have a cast signed by the cast of Signs.

"See if you can get them to put in those fins like batman has on the side of his gloves."  they already think i'm odd. i asked if there was a video of my surgery i could have.  sadly, there is not.

Aww. Ask for a copy of the x-rays.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:33 pm

kegs wrote:

"See if you can get them to put in those fins like batman has on the side of his gloves." they already think i'm odd. i asked if there was a video of my surgery i could have. sadly, there is not.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm

i go to the doc on wed...get my staples out. hopefully, i get this leg brace off so i can get up by myself. maybe get a cast or splint that frees up a couple of fingers.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:i don't get these people looking for tiny homes. i understand the desire for a small, inexpensive house.  but these people bitch that they can't fit a full-sized fridge, or a queen sized bed in these 120 sq ft homes.

I think some of the designs they come up with are pretty cool. I wouldn't want to live full time in one, but I could see having one on a vacation property. My mom sold some land she inherited to my nephew, who build a cabin on it. He's a builder, so the cabin outpaces most new houses being built. Seems like overkill for a place he visits a couple of times a year. I guess if you have the money it doesn't really matter. He is quite the entrepreneur.

He started a lawn service when he was 16, with an old Jeep and push mower. By the time he graduated high school, he had a brand new truck, 3 riding mowers and employees.  He expanded his lawn service adding sprinkler systems., becoming a fill landscaping business. Then bought a space in the town he lives in and opened a nursery. He turned that into a huge success and went into building. He still runs all 3 of these. He built his own home and was on a episode of Extreme Builds on A&E.

yea, they are cute and would be fun for a weekend retreat. but i can't imagine living in one alone full-time, let alone with a spouse and kids. but these people always want to "entertain" and complain there's no space for it, etc. of course there's no space for it, it's a shed
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:42 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:i don't get these people looking for tiny homes. i understand the desire for a small, inexpensive house.  but these people bitch that they can't fit a full-sized fridge, or a queen sized bed in these 120 sq ft homes.

I think some of the designs they come up with are pretty cool. I wouldn't want to live full time in one, but I could see having one on a vacation property. My mom sold some land she inherited to my nephew, who build a cabin on it. He's a builder, so the cabin outpaces most new houses being built. Seems like overkill for a place he visits a couple of times a year. I guess if you have the money it doesn't really matter. He is quite the entrepreneur.

He started a lawn service when he was 16, with an old Jeep and push mower. By the time he graduated high school, he had a brand new truck, 3 riding mowers and employees. He expanded his lawn service adding sprinkler systems., becoming a fill landscaping business. Then bought a space in the town he lives in and opened a nursery. He turned that into a huge success and went into building. He still runs all 3 of these. He built his own home and was on a episode of Extreme Builds on A&E.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:09 am