TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
kegs
Patch
6 posters

The Time Has Come

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

The Time Has Come - Page 5 Empty Re: The Time Has Come

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:39 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Today work was just dead.  I played Plants Vs Zombies 2 until my tablet's battery went to 40%.  Tried to draw the polkasaurus.  Failed.  Now I am home and feeling isolated and bored.  

When you can't draw the polkasaurus, you can draw the Pokaroo
    The Time Has Come - Page 5 Polkaroo300

All I managed to draw was the words "star trek is boring" in Hulk green and purple letters.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:37 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Today work was just dead.  I played Plants Vs Zombies 2 until my tablet's battery went to 40%.  Tried to draw the polkasaurus.  Failed.  Now I am home and feeling isolated and bored.  

When you can't draw the polkasaurus, you can draw the Pokaroo
    The Time Has Come - Page 5 Polkaroo300
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:42 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:The president and the chancellor of the university has given us permission to close at noon today.  We weren't given the holiday, since it's on a weekend.  So that's nice.  2 1/2 hours to go.

I'm insanely jealous.  I'm probably here at least until 8:00

I only work until 6pm tomorrow, but the city busses are on sunday schedule, so I'm SOL for getting around to other places. Once I clock out I'll basically be headed home and relaxing until I have to go to sleep for work on Sunday. And the heat, it's just hot enough to be a pain in the ass while still being bearable.

Also, new poll.f

I'm outta here at 7:00 tonight.  A lot of fireworks displays. Tonight so store should be Winding down.  I have whiskey.

Did not get out early last night. Was there until close, but we were busy so I didn't mind.

Today work was just dead. I played Plants Vs Zombies 2 until my tablet's battery went to 40%. Tried to draw the polkasaurus. Failed. Now I am home and feeling isolated and bored.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:11 pm

[quote="kegs"]
    Patch wrote:  

That sounds amazing and is making me hungry. Pls don't set yourself on fire; but, if you do, post pics.

I'll make sure a camera is rolling but I've switched to ice tea just to be safe
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Patch wrote:  We are making homemade ice cream. Then grilling some crab and scallops with some stuffed jalpenoes. Then fireworks assuming I don't drink too much and catch myself on fire

That sounds amazing and is making me hungry. Pls don't set yourself on fire; but, if you do, post pics.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:19 pm

kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning and happy holiday. I hope everyone has a great Independence day..Except for Kegs because it's just a regular Saturday full of maple syrup and hockey for him.

Happy Independece Day 'muricans! (We pretty much did the same thing, just took our time so as to avoid all the bloodshed.)

And DrG, it was not a reg Saturday. I went to Comicon. Met Billie Piper and Karen Gillann, Hayley Atwell, Jewel Staite, met John Barrowman and watched him and Eve Myles get into a banana fight.

and Rkay, I also met Momoa. He was wearing sunglasses so I figured he had enjoyed the Montreal nightlife a bit last night.  At least it didn't cause him to cancel his appearance as it did some last year.

Sounds like an awesome time. We are making homemade ice cream. Then grilling some crab and scallops with some stuffed jalpenoes. Then fireworks assuming I don't drink too much and catch myself on fire
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:40 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning and happy holiday. I hope everyone has a great Independence day..Except for Kegs because it's just a regular Saturday full of maple syrup and hockey for him.

Happy Independece Day 'muricans! (We pretty much did the same thing, just took our time so as to avoid all the bloodshed.)

And DrG, it was not a reg Saturday. I went to Comicon. Met Billie Piper and Karen Gillann, Hayley Atwell, Jewel Staite, met John Barrowman and watched him and Eve Myles get into a banana fight.

and Rkay, I also met Momoa. He was wearing sunglasses so I figured he had enjoyed the Montreal nightlife a bit last night. At least it didn't cause him to cancel his appearance as it did some last year.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Happy 4th Haunters
    The Time Has Come - Page 5 Zm0uwnS

The Time Has Come - Page 5 LobQWuC
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:26 am

Good morning and happy holiday. I hope everyone has a great Independence day..Except for Kegs because it's just a regular Saturday full of maple syrup and hockey for him.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:18 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:The president and the chancellor of the university has given us permission to close at noon today.  We weren't given the holiday, since it's on a weekend.  So that's nice.  2 1/2 hours to go.

I only work until 6pm tomorrow, but the city busses are on sunday schedule, so I'm SOL for getting around to other places. Once I clock out I'll basically be headed home and relaxing until I have to go to sleep for work on Sunday. And the heat, it's just hot enough to be a pain in the ass while still being bearable.

Also, new poll.f

I'm outta here at 7:00 tonight. A lot of fireworks displays. Tonight so store should be Winding down. I have whiskey.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:16 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good afternoon everyone.

Hi Ozne.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:14 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Also, new poll.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Good afternoon everyone.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:50 am

I'm insanely jealous. I'm probably here at least until 8:00
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:23 am

The president and the chancellor of the university has given us permission to close at noon today. We weren't given the holiday, since it's on a weekend. So that's nice. 2 1/2 hours to go.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:50 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Yea, it was a big can. I saw it at the gas station and gave in. Only size they had.

gotta love convenience stores.

Drinking and driving is wrong.   Let's offer the largest portions of on-the-go alcohol we can imagine.

I presume that most convenience stores expect you to wait until you get home before drinking the booze they sell you.

Reminds me of one of my favorite calls when I worked at a call center in Oklahoma. A woman was calling in to get her ISP bill sorted out while she was rolling up to a drive thru daquiri shop. She told me that she was in New Orleans, where it's apparently legal (or was at the time) to drink while driving, so long as you don't get drunk.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good afternoon Americans and Canadian. Hope everyone is having a great week and you have a great weekend planned. I've been feeling very nostalgic here lately. I'm not sure if it has to do with the move or if maybe I'm at the start of some sort of early mid life crisis or what. I've just been thinking an awful lot about my life, where it's gone and going and the people who have came in and out of it, decisions and mistakes I've made..Especially the great loves. I don't know. I've just had this great cloud of melancholy hanging about.

That cloud of melancholy *might* have come from me. sorry.

I think it is just a little possible that a change in seasons makes these changes in mood happen. I know for a fact I also get depressed around christmas, which is when fall officially changes to winter.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Patch wrote:Afternoon Haunters. Hope you are planning some great 4th celebrations. We will even let Keggers join in the fun.

I'm heading to Canyon lake towards the end next week for a few days to celebrate my anniversary. Doesn't seem like a year ago I got hitched. I'll take that as a good sign.

Also I made crawfish etoufee and dirty rice from scratch this week. It was really good but time consuming. I think just the roux took about 40 minutes. I know Supes will turn her nose up at it but I love me some mud bugs.

The Time Has Come - Page 5 BPdLbf9

I'll be sitting with Arkay in the "ew" section. Never liked fishy things.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:33 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good afternoon Americans and Canadian. Hope everyone is having a great week and you have a great weekend planned. I've been feeling very nostalgic here lately. I'm not sure if it has to do with the move or if maybe I'm at the start of some sort of early mid life crisis or what. I've just been thinking an awful lot about my life, where it's gone and going and the people who have came in and out of it, decisions and mistakes I've made..Especially the great loves. I don't know. I've just had this great cloud of melancholy hanging about.

This won't help the melancholy, but maybe it'll give you a smile.
    The Time Has Come - Page 5 XKMrJOR

That's how I drink milk.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:22 pm

This won't help the melancholy, but maybe it'll give you a smile.
    The Time Has Come - Page 5 XKMrJOR
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Good afternoon Americans and Canadian. Hope everyone is having a great week and you have a great weekend planned. I've been feeling very nostalgic here lately. I'm not sure if it has to do with the move or if maybe I'm at the start of some sort of early mid life crisis or what. I've just been thinking an awful lot about my life, where it's gone and going and the people who have came in and out of it, decisions and mistakes I've made..Especially the great loves. I don't know. I've just had this great cloud of melancholy hanging about.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Patch wrote:Afternoon Haunters. Hope you are planning some great 4th celebrations. We will even let Keggers join in the fun.

I'm heading to Canyon lake towards the end next week for a few days to celebrate my anniversary. Doesn't seem like a year ago I got hitched. I'll take that as a good sign.

Also I made crawfish etoufee and dirty rice from scratch this week. It was really good but time consuming. I think just the roux took about 40 minutes. I know Supes will turn her nose up at it but I love me some mud bugs.

That looks delicious. It definitely does not seem like a year has passed at all. Weird. I was actually going through some old pictures with a girlfriend of mine from when we were kids and it's hard to believe that it's been over 15 years ago. Time flies.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Afternoon Haunters. Hope you are planning some great 4th celebrations. We will even let Keggers join in the fun.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Update on the sunburn, as I'm sure you are all interested.  My back is peeling.  It is gross and it itches.

Think of it as coming out of your shell.

(insert naked Zoidberg gif here.)
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:25 am

Update on the sunburn, as I'm sure you are all interested. My back is peeling. It is gross and it itches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 am