TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

3 posters

Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie

Poll

What's your all time favorite summer movie?

[ 0 ]
    Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Bar_left0%Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Bar_left0%Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Empty Re: Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie

Post by Patch Mon May 09, 2016 9:49 am

There are so many to choose from but I'm going to go with T-2

I remember I had that day off so I went to the first showing and there was a line out of the place at 12:30.

I guess nowdays with them putting movies on so many screens you don't see those kinds of crowds for early movies.
    When we saw Civil War Friday, we went to the 6pm show and there were maybe 30 people in there. It was maybe a 1/3 full. When we came out there were lines for the next showing.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Empty Re: Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie

Post by James.k.Polk Sat May 07, 2016 7:12 am

Hands down, no contest, drop the mic and walk off.

Empire Strikes Back.

I was 9 years old when Star Wars came out. In Duncan OK, there was just the Palace Twin theater to see movies at. Star Wars played in the "new" second theater and the management there had a rule that no kids could be admitted without parent. I had a cousin taking me to the movies and he could not talk them in to selling us a ticket. (I think they were afraid of kids tearing up the place or making a mess.)

So my cousin (a stoner BTW who my parents eventually kicked out of our house) and I ended up seeing For The Love of Benji instead.

So I ended up being cheated out of seeing Star wars on the big screen. I only saw it after it turned up on HBO and my sister paula invited us to her apartment to watch it.

When Empire came out I was finally of age to see a movie on my own and went with a school friend. To be honest I don't remember much of the particulars of who I saw it with. I do remember spending the rest of the summer replaying asteroid chases and snow fortress attacks and betrayals all in my head.

It was like Star Wars: A Nerd Awakens
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie Empty Poll 5-6-16 All time favorite summer movie

Post by NebulaJack Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Feel free to name more than one movie.

For me, it's Batman Returns. It's not the first sequel I remember being really super hyped for, but it was the biggest level of excitement I'd felt for a sequel up to that point. It also had Michelle Pfeifer's Cat Woman, which was up to that point the hottest character I'd seen in a movie. It the best hype/pay off experience until Avengers came along.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm