TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

4 posters

poll 9-11-15 Time Travel

Poll

If you could travel to another time, but only be there for 5 hours, where would you go?

[ 1 ]
    poll 9-11-15 Time Travel Bar_left33%poll 9-11-15 Time Travel Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    poll 9-11-15 Time Travel Bar_left0%poll 9-11-15 Time Travel Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 3
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

poll 9-11-15 Time Travel Empty Re: poll 9-11-15 Time Travel

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Long story short, I would go back and spend five hours with someone...Very important to me. Yes, this stupid, but those were the best years of my life and I miss that person to this day. Would I go back and try to change anything? No. But I would make the absolute best I could out of the time I had, making sure said person knew how much I loved them and how much they meant to me and come back with maybe some sense of closure.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:As a longtime Futurama fan, I vote far future.  If only for the possibility that I'll be a delivery boy for an interplaneary delivery service.

My God, it's the future. My parents, my co-workers, my girlfriend. I'll never see any of them again.
    [Pause.]

YAHOO!!!
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:02 pm

As a longtime Futurama fan, I vote far future. If only for the possibility that I'll be a delivery boy for an interplaneary delivery service.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:00 am

[quote="NebulaJack"]
    Patch wrote: and cause some chaos by uploading those movies to torrent sites.

Brilliant
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Patch wrote:Simple, 5 hours after tonight power-ball drawing. Jump back, buy the winner, and retire.

Seems selfish but I think it's the best use of 5 hours.

Far into the future I don't see of much value. Yeah you may see something you can prevent, like a friend getting hooked on drugs, but your really counting on being able to prevent something, that you probably have little control over.

Before you were born? Sure it would be great to be sitting on the grassy knoll and seeing if there were another shooter, but in the end you would likely just be another part of the mystery. The guy that vanished after the shooting. And who would believe you anyway?

Going into your own past to seems only an option of you regret a decisions in your past that you want to correct. I have plenty of them, so would preventing one really change the rest. Seems like a bad odds gamble.

So I'll take the cash and make the best of it.

I'd go on a shopping spree in the year 2020, and buy the next half decade's worth of movies. Then I'd print out a list of lotto winners and stock listings for the next 5 years and come back to 2015 with the ability to get rich and cause some chaos by uploading those movies to torrent sites.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:08 am

Simple, 5 hours after tonight power-ball drawing. Jump back, buy the winner, and retire.

Seems selfish but I think it's the best use of 5 hours.

Far into the future I don't see of much value. Yeah you may see something you can prevent, like a friend getting hooked on drugs, but your really counting on being able to prevent something, that you probably have little control over.

Before you were born? Sure it would be great to be sitting on the grassy knoll and seeing if there were another shooter, but in the end you would likely just be another part of the mystery. The guy that vanished after the shooting. And who would believe you anyway?

Going into your own past to seems only an option of you regret a decisions in your past that you want to correct. I have plenty of them, so would preventing one really change the rest. Seems like a bad odds gamble.

So I'll take the cash and make the best of it.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

poll 9-11-15 Time Travel Empty poll 9-11-15 Time Travel

Post by NebulaJack Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Give more specific answers in a comment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm