TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
NebulaJack
Sleverin
kegs
7 posters

Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:10 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Afternoon campers. How was the weekend?

Went to WF Friday for my friend's husband's concert.  Also his birthday.  So his wife decided she wanted to decorate a table for him, so we did.  Boob pillow, rocker duckies, some sort of bondage tape.  But when the concert started we went in the "concert" part of the bar which is a separate room.  The boob pillow came with, but we left the rest.  And people stole all the other shit-which is no surprise, but my friend was pissed off.  She got drunk.  She also didn't have enough money to pay for all her beer, which is also about the usual.  So she would demand other people pay for beer for her.  I don't do that, she has quit asking me.  In general, if I'm your friend, I'm happy to buy you a beer, but I'm not interested in being taken advantage of, so I don't buy anything for her.

And then I spent the rest of the weekend writing papers for class.

Your friend's husband is in the band, and she mooches drinks? Can't she get free beer from the bar for groupie reasons?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Spent the weekend locked in my room mourning the loss of our dear dear timely. Hah. Saturday I went to dinner with my parents, then bar hopping in the Highlands with some friends. The rest of the weekend was spent brainstorming ideas for the flea off market. Scott and I are thinking about getting a booth here soon.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey guys, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like it's about time for a new thread?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Patch wrote:

I was driving to Houston last week and stopped at the HEB for a bathroom break. I'm there recycling my coffee and here a lady and her kid at the door. Shes saying something I can't make out and he's whining "I don't want too. Don't make me." They come in. I still can't make out the lady, just a voice. Then the kid would complain.
    I assume the lady want's her kid to piss and he doesn't want to. Since they are both by the sink now (other side of a wall) I zip it up to get out of their way. I round the corner to wash and there is a guy about 30 doing both voices in the mirror. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yikes. Norman Bates right there.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Please enjoy your robbery and rape while you wait.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 2 6TzqM6D
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

PATCH!!!
    Today had a minor car scare. Otherwise it's a meh.

POLK!!!
    Glad it was minor. Never fails, after you pay it off there is an issue. That one sounds simple enough, until you have to get it inspected. Then it will cost ya a couple hundred.

rkwsuperstar wrote:

She got drunk.  She also didn't have enough money to pay for all her beer, which is also about the usual.  So she would demand other people pay for beer for her.  I don't do that, she has quit asking me.  In general, if I'm your friend, I'm happy to buy you a beer, but I'm not interested in being taken advantage of, so I don't buy anything for her.

We had a guy that would always bum beer and never buy. One of my buddies broke his habit by pissing in a bottle, waiting till he was good and drunk, and...you can guess the rest.

NebulaJack wrote:

While at the bus stop, I ended up next to some crazy dude with a special needs kid who's been having odd reactions to the meds he's recently started on. Dude was rambling on and on about conspiracy shit, and not taking crap off strangers that look at him or his kid wrong.

How bout you Patch? How was your weekend?

I was driving to Houston last week and stopped at the HEB for a bathroom break. I'm there recycling my coffee and here a lady and her kid at the door. Shes saying something I can't make out and he's whining "I don't want too. Don't make me." They come in. I still can't make out the lady, just a voice. Then the kid would complain.
    I assume the lady want's her kid to piss and he doesn't want to. Since they are both by the sink now (other side of a wall) I zip it up to get out of their way. I round the corner to wash and there is a guy about 30 doing both voices in the mirror. Shocked Shocked Shocked

My weekend was short. Track meet Friday night. Track meet Saturday. Sunday, racked leaves, mowed, put out weed and feed. Had about six hours of down time it felt like. We did watch the Intern. It was funny. It's Spring Break here so I'm about to take the boys to see Zootopia and slip off to see Deadpool myself.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Productively urgh. Friday I left for work and started feeling sickly. After stopping by the bank, I called in sick and headed home. Saturday, which was payday, I went in for four hours to minimize lost hours and pick up my check.

Newish Boss Lady was kind enough to let me grab it at 3, which is against Owner Guy's rules. The checks are not to be cashed until 4pm, and thus are not to be handed out until then. Some of the managers are cool with handing them out a bit early, with a promise to not cash them until after 4 though.

Instead of going to the Walmart across the lot (which is where I also pick up money transfers that my dad's caretakers send out each month), I got on the bus and made the long journey to another Walmart which is on the same route that goes by my house. After doing the shuffle to get the money orders I need, I called the friend who usually gives me a ride on my first month payday to see if he was able to give me a lift earlier than usual. No answer, so I headed out to catch the next 36 home and figure things out from there.

While at the bus stop, I ended up next to some crazy dude with a special needs kid who's been having odd reactions to the meds he's recently started on. Dude was rambling on and on about conspiracy shit, and not taking crap off strangers that look at him or his kid wrong. I did my best to humor him while waiting for the bus. Before it arrived, as more people were showing up, I spotted a friendly acquaintance from LCC that I met in class a few years back. Me, her and another friend had a briefly weeklyish habit of stopping by a bar called Black Forest after school and having a couple drinks. We'd fallen out of touch in the last few years, so it was good to say hi and chat for a few moments.

On the bus ride home, I had my head down reading volume 2 or 3 of Clive Barker and Mark Miller's Next Testament comic, which I started and finished in the past week (great read by the way), while the crazy aggro guy was babbling with another wing nut about political conspiracy bullshit (which I'm often in the mood for, but wasn't inclined to get into that day). Former classmate gal took a moment to say goodbye before disembarking, which was nice.

Just before getting to the bus stop, I'd gotten a text from the friend who got me hired at the pizza factory offering to cover my shift for Sunday. I opted to wait until getting home to respond, and as I was getting ready to call him, car ride friend called me back. He told me that he'd need a bit of time to finish watching a TV show before coming over. I called back got-me-hired friend and told him I'd let him know in the morning about covering my Sunday shift. After that I went up stairs to take a power fap nap. As I was dozing, I got a text from car ride friend that he was on the way over and woke up feeling refreshed.

After getting back from the rent drop (about 7 or Cool, I went up stairs and to take another nap and woke up at 3:39am. Sunday morning I looked at the weather for the zip code the pizza factory is in, and saw stormy weather with rain and thunder for most of the day and said "fuck that". Sent a text to got-me-hired friend accepting the offer of shift coverage. He asked for a reminder of my Sunday hours (which are 11am-2pm and 3pm-6pm). He offered to cover the afternoon half of the shift, so I called in to work to let em know.

In the evening I went over to hang out with the gal I met on OK Cupid last month to watch The Walking Dead and talk with her friend who's up for moving into the empty room over here. After the show, I handed him the rental application and we made plans for him to move into the room later this month. Then I headed back home.

Most of the weekend was spent in front of the computer working on homework and other things. I also did a bit of house cleaning/up keep and felt a lot better.

How bout you Patch? How was your weekend?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Went to WF Friday for my friend's husband's concert. Also his birthday. So his wife decided she wanted to decorate a table for him, so we did. Boob pillow, rocker duckies, some sort of bondage tape. But when the concert started we went in the "concert" part of the bar which is a separate room. The boob pillow came with, but we left the rest. And people stole all the other shit-which is no surprise, but my friend was pissed off. She got drunk. She also didn't have enough money to pay for all her beer, which is also about the usual. So she would demand other people pay for beer for her. I don't do that, she has quit asking me. In general, if I'm your friend, I'm happy to buy you a beer, but I'm not interested in being taken advantage of, so I don't buy anything for her.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:17 pm

PATCH!!!

Weekend was uneventful. Yesterday I slept, got groceries, and hung around the house not spending money.

Today had a minor car scare. Otherwise it's a meh.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Afternoon campers. How was the weekend?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, this morning has already proven that this week will be shit.  So.  

What's happening? Work problem? Car issue?

Work.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, this morning has already proven that this week will be shit.  So.  

What's happening? Work problem? Car issue?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:51 am

Well the check engine light came on in the Polkmobile this morning. Anxiety for me is like a dead feeling right in the center of the chest. I got the car off the highway and hightailed it over to my mechanic and...

It's just the catalytic converter. Has no effect on the engine and it's a common engine light error code in older cars. He recommended no repair and didn't charge me for reading the code.

Bullet dodged.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:39 am

Well, this morning has already proven that this week will be shit. So.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:39 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I'm home sick from work today. After taking off early to stop by the bank, I started feeling shaky and feverish. So, after going to the bank, I stopped by the corner store inside the bus station to get some things, which included a pack of cigarettes, because I've resumed smoking recently (which very likely has played a part in coming down with cold flu stuff). Then I went into the station lobby to take a piss, wash my hands and call in to work.

After getting off the bus and coming into the house. I set down my stuff, and started to let lose the tears I'd been holding back since realizing I'd have to call in. I went up stairs, laid down and cried because A) I sometimes feel way the fuck too guilty for calling in sick to work and B) There's other stuff in the back of my head that I often want to cry about but it takes something weird like feeling bad for callin' in sick to get me to a state where I can cry.

After I was done crying, I made something to eat, then went to grab some medicine. I know there should be a bottle of IB profin in the kitchen next to the generic day quil, but for the life of me I can not find it. Also, the generic dayquil is almost gone. So I'll have to make a trip to the store later to get some meds. I should also do some homework, but I'm too tired right now.

I'll probably take a nap and then figure out what to do. I'm scared that I might feel as bad or worse tomorrow, which is one of my longer shifts. In the meantime, I'm gonna try to avoid facebook, just to eliminate one more distraction.

If anyone wants to post wacky or goofy pics, or pics of hot sexy humans to cheer me up, please do.

I no can figure out how to post images here.

I'm old.

The BBC code works off imgur. Just like we used to do on the actual TR site.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Abrakadaniel.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:01 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I'm home sick from work today. After taking off early to stop by the bank, I started feeling shaky and feverish. So, after going to the bank, I stopped by the corner store inside the bus station to get some things, which included a pack of cigarettes, because I've resumed smoking recently (which very likely has played a part in coming down with cold flu stuff). Then I went into the station lobby to take a piss, wash my hands and call in to work.

After getting off the bus and coming into the house. I set down my stuff, and started to let lose the tears I'd been holding back since realizing I'd have to call in. I went up stairs, laid down and cried because A) I sometimes feel way the fuck too guilty for calling in sick to work and B) There's other stuff in the back of my head that I often want to cry about but it takes something weird like feeling bad for callin' in sick to get me to a state where I can cry.

After I was done crying, I made something to eat, then went to grab some medicine. I know there should be a bottle of IB profin in the kitchen next to the generic day quil, but for the life of me I can not find it. Also, the generic dayquil is almost gone. So I'll have to make a trip to the store later to get some meds. I should also do some homework, but I'm too tired right now.

I'll probably take a nap and then figure out what to do. I'm scared that I might feel as bad or worse tomorrow, which is one of my longer shifts. In the meantime, I'm gonna try to avoid facebook, just to eliminate one more distraction.

If anyone wants to post wacky or goofy pics, or pics of hot sexy humans to cheer me up, please do.

I'm old.

You can just post links if you want.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm old.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm home sick from work today. After taking off early to stop by the bank, I started feeling shaky and feverish. So, after going to the bank, I stopped by the corner store inside the bus station to get some things, which included a pack of cigarettes, because I've resumed smoking recently (which very likely has played a part in coming down with cold flu stuff). Then I went into the station lobby to take a piss, wash my hands and call in to work.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Yes.  The Dumb Coworker formerly known as New Coworker.

Must be hard to get fired from that job

It doesn't help that my boss has short timer disease.  He retires end of April and he pretty much has no fucks to give right now.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:03 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Yes.  The Dumb Coworker formerly known as New Coworker.

Must be hard to get fired from that job
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:This is fun.  I'm working on reconciling my purchasing card charges.  I have a charge for $114.50 for a company that I didn't purchase anything from this month.  I go to Dumb Coworker who says she ordered them.  I said why did you use my card and not yours.  She says well, they asked if was for the information on file and I said yes, because I thought it was mine.  ???  I asked for the receipt and she shows it to me.  Has my name on it.  I said did you notice that it has my name on it?  She said no, I had no idea.  She signed it, but she didn't read it.  

Was this old new girl?

Yes. The Dumb Coworker formerly known as New Coworker.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:01 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:This is fun.  I'm working on reconciling my purchasing card charges.  I have a charge for $114.50 for a company that I didn't purchase anything from this month.  I go to Dumb Coworker who says she ordered them.  I said why did you use my card and not yours.  She says well, they asked if was for the information on file and I said yes, because I thought it was mine.  ???  I asked for the receipt and she shows it to me.  Has my name on it.  I said did you notice that it has my name on it?  She said no, I had no idea.  She signed it, but she didn't read it.  

Was this old new girl?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:04 pm

This is fun. I'm working on reconciling my purchasing card charges. I have a charge for $114.50 for a company that I didn't purchase anything from this month. I go to Dumb Coworker who says she ordered them. I said why did you use my card and not yours. She says well, they asked if was for the information on file and I said yes, because I thought it was mine. ??? I asked for the receipt and she shows it to me. Has my name on it. I said did you notice that it has my name on it? She said no, I had no idea. She signed it, but she didn't read it.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:48 am

Keanu training for John Wick 2. He's damn good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am