TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
Sleverin
James.k.Polk
NebulaJack
7 posters

The New Year Approaches.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

The New Year Approaches. - Page 14 Empty Re: The New Year Approaches.

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:31 am

Good morning!! Banning mouthy little punks from the facebook group sure is a great feeling. Smile Makes me glad the forum stays nice and small and adult.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by Patch Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:45 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:It reminds me of a worse version of Fight Club.

I can see that. Not sure when you tapped out. I had it running i the background for the first few episodes. It really didn't kick in until after he gets off of drugs.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:52 am

I like Star Wars for the reason everyone else does. When I saw it for the first time as a kid, it was fanfuckingtastic. It was the one thing EVERYONE had in common. At family gatherings we would all watch Star Wars. my friends and I would ride our bikes around in the woods pretending we were on Endor. I've loved it ever since then. I don't need to sit around and nit pick every single frame of the movies and critique them. I enjoy them simply because they make me happy. I may have had my issues with the newest one, but I still enjoyed it. For anyone to tell me I am stupid or not smart for enjoying it is ridiculous. Gallen is ridiculous. Also, I tried to watch Mr. Robot and hated it. It reminds me of a worse version of Fight Club.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:08 am

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Mmmm.....Christian Slater

I just caught the end of Pump Up The Volume and it amazes me how different his acting is.  Lately he just seems as though he's doing a Jack Nicholson impersonation. but back then he was a real person.

I haven't seen him on anything in forever. he was on a show 2 or 3 years ago, and I really have no idea what it was about-even with him on it, I couldn't get into...whatever it was.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:01 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

I just caught the end of Pump Up The Volume and it amazes me how different his acting is. Lately he just seems as though he's doing a Jack Nicholson impersonation. but back then he was a real person.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:13 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Can you give a synopsis of Mr. Robot? I have no idea about it other than the title. And yeah, I need something positive to look at in entertainment. I watched a lot of Battlestar Galactica and the main thing I remember is how bleak and depressing it all was.

Christian Slater is Mr. Robot. (as near as I can tell. There could be a twist coming) He has put together a group of hackers intending to take down all the debt in the world. With everything digital they are going to wipe all the back ups and around the world, taking everyone back to zero. He infects Evil Corp (the company that globalized the debt process) and plants a virus that a guy who works for a security firm finds. He stops the attack, but leaves the virus, when he learns he's being recruited by Mr Robot.

The main story revolves around that, but the new hacker, does side hacks to help people. His therapist, is dating a married man, he hacks the guy and blackmails him into telling the truth. His neighbor is a dealer working for a scumbag, he hack the guy and get's him sent to jail. There is also a really twisted guy who works for Evil Corp. He and his wife are bent on making him CFO at any cost. He's fun to watch.  

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:32 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Can you give a synopsis of Mr. Robot? I have no idea about it other than the title. And yeah, I need something positive to look at in entertainment. I watched a lot of Battlestar Galactica and the main thing I remember is how bleak and depressing it all was.

Christian Slater is Mr. Robot. (as near as I can tell. There could be a twist coming) He has put together a group of hackers intending to take down all the debt in the world. With everything digital they are going to wipe all the back ups and around the world, taking everyone back to zero. He infects Evil Corp (the company that globalized the debt process) and plants a virus that a guy who works for a security firm finds. He stops the attack, but leaves the virus, when he learns he's being recruited by Mr Robot.

The main story revolves around that, but the new hacker, does side hacks to help people. His therapist, is dating a married man, he hacks the guy and blackmails him into telling the truth. His neighbor is a dealer working for a scumbag, he hack the guy and get's him sent to jail. There is also a really twisted guy who works for Evil Corp. He and his wife are bent on making him CFO at any cost. He's fun to watch.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:31 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:The last thing I saw from him, he states that TFA is no better or worse than the prequels.  Because the prequels weren't that bad and TFA wasn't that good.

Was he watching different prequels than I did? Cause they were pretty damn horrible.

This seems to be his thing.  His opinion is opposite of whatever the prevailing opinion is around him.  I'm sure if he went to a "The Prequels were so GREAT" website, he'd make comments about how awful they were.
    [/quote]

maybe he's just lonely and starved for attention?[/quote]

No doubt.  Want me to give him your email and phone number, and you can be his buddy?[/quote]

Nah, Just send him one of these and call it a day.

The New Year Approaches. - Page 14 Tumblr_lobi0aDU7X1qco0pgo1_500
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:21 am

kegs wrote:The last thing I saw from him, he states that TFA is no better or worse than the prequels.  Because the prequels weren't that bad and TFA wasn't that good.

Was he watching different prequels than I did? Cause they were pretty damn horrible.[/quote]

This seems to be his thing.  His opinion is opposite of whatever the prevailing opinion is around him.  I'm sure if he went to a "The Prequels were so GREAT" website, he'd make comments about how awful they were.
    [/quote]

maybe he's just lonely and starved for attention?[/quote]

No doubt. Want me to give him your email and phone number, and you can be his buddy?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:11 am

The last thing I saw from him, he states that TFA is no better or worse than the prequels.  Because the prequels weren't that bad and TFA wasn't that good.[/quote]

Was he watching different prequels than I did? Cause they were pretty damn horrible.[/quote]

[/quote]

maybe he's just lonely and starved for attention?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:11 am

[/quote]

Isn't he over there talking about how TFA is "about on par with the prequels"?

I simply ignore the whole "Mary Sue" debate.  I was satisfied that Rey kicked Ren's ass because she was simply acting as a conduit for the will of the Force.  I am in favor of a very literal interpretation of the title.[/quote]

Plus...he was hurt. Shot by a crossbow laser thing that managed to kill everything else it hit, but just wound him. He was also crazy mad-we've already seen he has poor emotional control. He wasn't thinking clearly, he was just lashing out in the fight. I look forward to seeing the next battle when he is in top form and not so out of control with his emotions, and Rey has had some more training.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:08 am

[/quote]

The last thing I saw from him, he states that TFA is no better or worse than the prequels.  Because the prequels weren't that bad and TFA wasn't that good.[/quote]

This seems to be his thing. His opinion is opposite of whatever the prevailing opinion is around him. I'm sure if he went to a "The Prequels were so GREAT" website, he'd make comments about how awful they were.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:05 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:The thing that irks me about the question of whether or not Rey is a mary sue, or even just lazily written, is that for too many people, it can't be discussed without being turned into a reflection of core political values. If you think she's a mary sue, some crowd of fuck wits are gonna label you as a misogynist prick. If you think she's absolutely not a mary sue, some other fuck wits will label you as a social justice nut case.

I felt the sudden jump in skill level in the span of about a day or so was really convenient to the plot, and kinda lazy, but I still enjoyed the movie and liked her as a character. Finding something lacking in a movie doesn't and shouldn't mean the whole thing is worthless or wrong. Batman is often poked fun at for being a genius expert in damn near everything to the point that no normal person could learn that much knowledge and be that young. Doesn't mean that a good Batman flick, game, cartoon etc. isn't a blast.

As for Gallen, I'm convinced that if Ep VII had been poorly received, he 'd talking about how great it was, just so he could stand apart from "the sheeple". He's the kind of guy that's easily impressed with himself.

I simply ignore the whole "Mary Sue" debate.  I was satisfied that Rey kicked Ren's ass because she was simply acting as a conduit for the will of the Force.  I am in favor of a very literal interpretation of the title.

The last thing I saw from him, he states that TFA is no better or worse than the prequels.  Because the prequels weren't that bad and TFA wasn't that good.

Was he watching different prequels than I did? Cause they were pretty damn horrible.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:03 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:The thing that irks me about the question of whether or not Rey is a mary sue, or even just lazily written, is that for too many people, it can't be discussed without being turned into a reflection of core political values. If you think she's a mary sue, some crowd of fuck wits are gonna label you as a misogynist prick. If you think she's absolutely not a mary sue, some other fuck wits will label you as a social justice nut case.

I felt the sudden jump in skill level in the span of about a day or so was really convenient to the plot, and kinda lazy, but I still enjoyed the movie and liked her as a character. Finding something lacking in a movie doesn't and shouldn't mean the whole thing is worthless or wrong. Batman is often poked fun at for being a genius expert in damn near everything to the point that no normal person could learn that much knowledge and be that young. Doesn't mean that a good Batman flick, game, cartoon etc. isn't a blast.

As for Gallen, I'm convinced that if Ep VII had been poorly received, he 'd talking about how great it was, just so he could stand apart from "the sheeple". He's the kind of guy that's easily impressed with himself.

I simply ignore the whole "Mary Sue" debate.  I was satisfied that Rey kicked Ren's ass because she was simply acting as a conduit for the will of the Force.  I am in favor of a very literal interpretation of the title.

The last thing I saw from him, he states that TFA is no better or worse than the prequels. Because the prequels weren't that bad and TFA wasn't that good.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:03 am

Patch wrote:Over New Years they had a Mr Robot marathon. I had zero interest when it premiered,  but the first episode was on so I watched it. Turns out to be quite good. I still have 3 episodes to go so it may take a nose dive at the end but I have enjoyed it so far.

I'm not sure it will keep my interest after this season. It's dark. I loved the Shield, but one depressing, anxiety filled episode after the next wore me down. I made it through the whole thing and went into Breaking Bad, but after one season of the same dark depressing crap, I gave up. I need some characters around to give a damn about. If they are all shitty people I just sit around wanting them all to get caught, or shot.

Go watch season 1 of Galavant. That'll get rid of all the dark depressing crap.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:00 am

As for Gallen, I'm convinced that if Ep VII had been poorly received, he'd talking about how great it was, just so he could stand apart from "the sheeple". He's the kind of guy that's easily impressed with himself.

Re: Rey...she's clearly Force sensitive with a back story we have no idea about YET. So I have to assume that sometime in the next however many movies this is going to come out and her amazing abilities will make sense.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:58 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:All the Gallen hate pleases me..Glad I'm not the only one who believes that guy is an asshole. When TR was still a thing he never wanted to have anything to do with our group. Now since he doesn't have TR to spew his nonsense, he's in there everyday. Talk about a toadie, I bet he sucks farts out of Lukes asshole..I've been close to banning him from the group many times.

What would it take to put you over the edge on the whole "Ban Gallen" thing?

Well I'm not the only moderator and no one else besides the few of us seem to have a problem with him.

I don't want to do that...he has a right to his opinion, even if he's a prick about it.  But that only goes until he becomes hateful to others.

Last edited by rkwsuperstar on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:50 am

Patch wrote:Over New Years they had a Mr Robot marathon. I had zero interest when it premiered,  but the first episode was on so I watched it. Turns out to be quite good. I still have 3 episodes to go so it may take a nose dive at the end but I have enjoyed it so far.

I'm not sure it will keep my interest after this season. It's dark. I loved the Shield, but one depressing, anxiety filled episode after the next wore me down. I made it through the whole thing and went into Breaking Bad, but after one season of the same dark depressing crap, I gave up. I need some characters around to give a damn about. If they are all shitty people I just sit around wanting them all to get caught, or shot.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:22 am

Over New Years they had a Mr Robot marathon. I had zero interest when it premiered, but the first episode was on so I watched it. Turns out to be quite good. I still have 3 episodes to go so it may take a nose dive at the end but I have enjoyed it so far.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:59 am

As for Gallen, I'm convinced that if Ep VII had been poorly received, he'd talking about how great it was, just so he could stand apart from "the sheeple". He's the kind of guy that's easily impressed with himself.

I'm not a big enough nerd to dissect every frame of a movie to prove or disprove something. I enjoyed it. It had a nostalgic feel to it like Jurassic World did and was a fun movie. To expect to feel the same excitement I felt watching the originals when I was a kid is ridiculous. Star Wars was something I had never seen before and I was 11. Gallen's nonsense shows how much he has matured since he was 11. Or maybe he is 11. It's the internet.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:26 am

I simply ignore the whole "Mary Sue" debate. I was satisfied that Rey kicked Ren's ass because she was simply acting as a conduit for the will of the Force. I am in favor of a very literal interpretation of the title.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:23 am

The thing that irks me about the question of whether or not Rey is a mary sue, or even just lazily written, is that for too many people, it can't be discussed without being turned into a reflection of core political values. If you think she's a mary sue, some crowd of fuck wits are gonna label you as a misogynist prick. If you think she's absolutely not a mary sue, some other fuck wits will label you as a social justice nut case.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:All the Gallen hate pleases me..Glad I'm not the only one who believes that guy is an asshole. When TR was still a thing he never wanted to have anything to do with our group. Now since he doesn't have TR to spew his nonsense, he's in there everyday. Talk about a toadie, I bet he sucks farts out of Lukes asshole..I've been close to banning him from the group many times.

Well I'm not the only moderator and no one else besides the few of us seem to have a problem with him.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:40 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:17 pm

All the Gallen hate pleases me..Glad I'm not the only one who believes that guy is an asshole. When TR was still a thing he never wanted to have anything to do with our group. Now since he doesn't have TR to spew his nonsense, he's in there everyday. Talk about a toadie, I bet he sucks farts out of Lukes asshole..I've been close to banning him from the group many times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am