TR Haunt

Come hangout


    The New Year Approaches.

    Share
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by NebulaJack on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 pm

    Sleverin wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Filed my taxes today. Somehow, I'm getting less money back than I did last year, even though that year's taxes included about 6 months of being unemployed. I guess the higher wages at the call center made a bigger difference than I thought.

    I dunno if they do this in Oregon, but in California they tax unemployment.  I don't even know how that's possible, or why you would do that.  I know some people who didn't declare it on their returns and got slammed with fees because of that, which is pretty monstrous.

    Also, the New Year has approached and such.  Are we making a new topic sometime soon?  Just curious.

    They do that in Oregon too. I was given the option to have the taxes automatically deducted from my unemployment payments before they even got deposited in my bank account, so I did that to save me the hassle of dealing with it the following year. As far as I can tell, working at the higher paying job for the first 3 to 4 months of 2014 gave me a higher refund than working the sign waiving job for all of 2015.

    Anyway, I'll be over in the new thread that Keg's posted.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:54 pm

    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Polk and Patch planning a man date...This sickens me.

    Meanwhile, I just ate an entire plate full of fully loaded hash browns with bacon and sausage to replace my stomach full of bitterness and lathargy. Now it's off to the music shop for some new guitar strings. Happy Friday everyone.

    You could come with.  But this ain't like to be a man date.  He says he is just dropping off the package Nebsy sent for me.  That's hardly datelike.

    RKW would disagree.

    Yeah, the thing is, I'd actually enjoy a man-date and would be happy to call it that.

    But Patch has Valentines' things to do and hanging around with Polk and drinking beer isn't on the list.
    avatar
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

    Posts : 435
    Join date : 2015-05-27
    Age : 35
    Location : Slugger City.

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:56 pm

    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Polk and Patch planning a man date...This sickens me.

    Meanwhile, I just ate an entire plate full of fully loaded hash browns with bacon and sausage to replace my stomach full of bitterness and lathargy. Now it's off to the music shop for some new guitar strings. Happy Friday everyone.

    You could come with.  But this ain't like to be a man date.  He says he is just dropping off the package Nebsy sent for me.  That's hardly datelike.

    RKW would disagree.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:43 pm

    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Polk and Patch planning a man date...This sickens me.

    Meanwhile, I just ate an entire plate full of fully loaded hash browns with bacon and sausage to replace my stomach full of bitterness and lathargy. Now it's off to the music shop for some new guitar strings. Happy Friday everyone.

    You could come with. But this ain't like to be a man date. He says he is just dropping off the package Nebsy sent for me. That's hardly datelike.
    avatar
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

    Posts : 435
    Join date : 2015-05-27
    Age : 35
    Location : Slugger City.

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:37 am

    Polk and Patch planning a man date...This sickens me.

    Meanwhile, I just ate an entire plate full of fully loaded hash browns with bacon and sausage to replace my stomach full of bitterness and lathargy. Now it's off to the music shop for some new guitar strings. Happy Friday everyone.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:25 am

    Sleverin in right. We need a new thread.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Patch on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:03 am

    James.k.Polk wrote:

    I am working tomorrow, but one of these two days I am planning to take a half day off. If you're coming tomorrow I'll plan to stay until you come around.

    I'll text you tonight. If it's tomorrow I'll be leaving early to get over there.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:56 am

    Patch wrote:Scratch that Polk. It will have to be tomorrow or next week.

    I started that direction, feeling good. Had the radio up. Stopped for some Starbucks. Filled up. Bought a scratch off. The guy behind the counter tried to hard sell me on some new guaranteed winner $20 ticket. I told him if it's guaranteed it's not gambling and I like to gamble.  I buy the $10 one and win $100. I hit the road again and realize I left your gift sitting on my desk. Mad Mad Mad

    I think I would be cutting it to close to pick up the kids if I left now, so it will probably be tomorrow if you are working.

    I am working tomorrow, but one of these two days I am planning to take a half day off. If you're coming tomorrow I'll plan to stay until you come around.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Patch on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 am

    Scratch that Polk. It will have to be tomorrow or next week.

    I started that direction, feeling good. Had the radio up. Stopped for some Starbucks. Filled up. Bought a scratch off. The guy behind the counter tried to hard sell me on some new guaranteed winner $20 ticket. I told him if it's guaranteed it's not gambling and I like to gamble.  I buy the $10 one and win $100. I hit the road again and realize I left your gift sitting on my desk. Mad Mad Mad

    I think I would be cutting it to close to pick up the kids if I left now, so it will probably be tomorrow if you are working.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Patch on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 am

    Morning all. The weekend has arrived. I'm ready.

    Polk I'll be heading that way in a few. Going by Arlington first so I'll probably be in your neck of the wood around 11-12
    avatar
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

    Posts : 57
    Join date : 2015-11-30

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Sleverin on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:28 pm

    NebulaJack wrote:Filed my taxes today. Somehow, I'm getting less money back than I did last year, even though that year's taxes included about 6 months of being unemployed. I guess the higher wages at the call center made a bigger difference than I thought.

    I dunno if they do this in Oregon, but in California they tax unemployment. I don't even know how that's possible, or why you would do that. I know some people who didn't declare it on their returns and got slammed with fees because of that, which is pretty monstrous.

    Also, the New Year has approached and such. Are we making a new topic sometime soon? Just curious.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by NebulaJack on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:36 pm

    Filed my taxes today. Somehow, I'm getting less money back than I did last year, even though that year's taxes included about 6 months of being unemployed. I guess the higher wages at the call center made a bigger difference than I thought.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:45 pm

    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

    Are you a football fan? If so, what's your Go-to Super Bowl snack set up?

    I usually buy preseasoned skirt steak and make easy steak fajitas and homemade guacamole and chips.  I'm interested in making something different this time if I get inspired.

    I change it up year to year. I made a bunch of different types of burgers one year. Stacked nachos, wings etc. I saw a couple of things on Fuckbook that I want to try this year assuming I can find them again.

    I'm heading to Arlington tomorrow (if work lets me). I have to go by Zales and pick up my wife's Valentine gift. If you are working I"ll swing by and drop off Jack's present for you.

    This is my go to site for cooking these days, I haven't tried anything I didn't like and most are easy to throw together.

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking_cat/super-bowl/

    Yeah I'm at work tomorrow. My district manager might be here, but she won't mind if you drop by.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Patch on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 pm

    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON.


    Hiya Doc
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Patch on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:43 pm

    James.k.Polk wrote:

    Are you a football fan? If so, what's your Go-to Super Bowl snack set up?

    I usually buy preseasoned skirt steak and make easy steak fajitas and homemade guacamole and chips.  I'm interested in making something different this time if I get inspired.

    I change it up year to year. I made a bunch of different types of burgers one year. Stacked nachos, wings etc. I saw a couple of things on Fuckbook that I want to try this year assuming I can find them again.

    I'm heading to Arlington tomorrow (if work lets me). I have to go by Zales and pick up my wife's Valentine gift. If you are working I"ll swing by and drop off Jack's present for you.

    This is my go to site for cooking these days, I haven't tried anything I didn't like and most are easy to throw together.

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking_cat/super-bowl/


    Last edited by Patch on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

    Posts : 435
    Join date : 2015-05-27
    Age : 35
    Location : Slugger City.

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:39 pm

    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON.


    Ozne!!!!

    How you doing?

    I am doing. All the things.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:29 pm

    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON.


    Ozne!!!!

    How you doing?
    avatar
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

    Posts : 435
    Join date : 2015-05-27
    Age : 35
    Location : Slugger City.

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm

    GOOD AFTERNOON.

    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:14 am

    Patch wrote:

    Good morning patch.

    Are you a football fan? If so, what's your Go-to Super Bowl snack set up?

    I usually buy preseasoned skirt steak and make easy steak fajitas and homemade guacamole and chips.  I'm interested in making something different this time if I get inspired.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Patch on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 am



    I should add. I will go like his comment, further encouraging his behavior, because I think it's funny to troll the troll.


    Last edited by Patch on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 am

    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:All right,  who let Gallen out of his cage?  

    He's been making stupid nonsense Facebook comments again.

    "is that a pony show? "

    Yes,  Gallen,  and you're an idiot.

    Which means he's clearly not paying attention, as Always Sunny is mentioned ALL the time.

    He knows what it is. He's doing two things. He's trying to belittle the show he doesn't watch, and he's trying to redirect the conversation to something he thinks he can dominate.

    No ones responding to his own troll postings, so he's trying to hijack someone else's.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:56 am

    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:All right,  who let Gallen out of his cage?  

    He's been making stupid nonsense Facebook comments again.

    "is that a pony show? "

    Yes,  Gallen,  and you're an idiot.

    Which means he's clearly not paying attention, as Always Sunny is mentioned ALL the time.

    He knows what it is. He's doing two things. He's trying to belittle the show he doesn't watch, and he's trying to redirect the conversation to something he thinks he can dominate.

    No ones responding to his own troll postings, so he's trying to hijack someone else's.
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:18 am

    James.k.Polk wrote:All right,  who let Gallen out of his cage?  

    He's been making stupid nonsense Facebook comments again.

    "is that a pony show? "

    Yes,  Gallen,  and you're an idiot.

    Which means he's clearly not paying attention, as Always Sunny is mentioned ALL the time.
    avatar
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1094
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Zeta reticuli

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by James.k.Polk on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:51 am

    All right, who let Gallen out of his cage?

    He's been making stupid nonsense Facebook comments again.

    "is that a pony show? "

    Yes, Gallen, and you're an idiot.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by NebulaJack on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:36 pm

    On my way home from work, I stopped by the convenient store at the bus station and bought two gatorades and two microwavable rib sandwiches for dinner. When I got home, I realized that even though I put the gatorades in my backpack, I somehow forgot the sandwiches. I'm still baffled as to how I could screw up something so simple. Fortunately, I called the store, and I can pick up the sandwiches tomorrow, but still... damn!

    Sponsored content

    Re: The New Year Approaches.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 pm