TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
James.k.Polk
7 posters

M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 3 Empty Re: M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Post by Patch Tue May 10, 2016 7:45 am

Abraxas wrote:i for one have never been disappointed by my assumptions of nakedness.

Morning campers. Welcome back Brax.

I put off picking up the car until today because of the weather report last week, saying possible hail yesterday. Of course it pushed to today. Hopefully it will miss us. Be a shame to get hail damage on his car, but no space in the garage, so it is what it is.
    Abraxas
    Abraxas
    What's a Haunt?
    What's a Haunt?

Post by Abraxas Mon May 09, 2016 9:15 pm

i for one have never been disappointed by my assumptions of nakedness.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon May 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Abraxas wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Like nuclear war, once someone launches, a lot of people get naked on both sides.

This may, in fact, be the greatest typo in history.

It's an autocorrect error. But yeah. Pretty damn funny.

you mean we weren't just supposed to get naked? cherry bounce Evil or Very Mad Basketball No Cool

i assume we are all naked
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Abraxas wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Like nuclear war, once someone launches, a lot of people get naked on both sides.

you mean we weren't just supposed to get naked? cherry bounce Evil or Very Mad Basketball No Cool

It's nice to see you doc-tor.

As we've said before all are welcome here. Most all anyway if you know what I mean...
    Abraxas
    Abraxas
    What's a Haunt?
    What's a Haunt?

Post by Abraxas Mon May 09, 2016 6:12 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 09, 2016 3:08 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

That's a flaw in the theory. Given his twisted mental composition, it just might be that he wants me around as sort of a nemesis, or that he thinks he can eventually suck up to me and get me back on speaking terms with him.

Well I just put it to the test saying he has a little penis. Lets see if I get zapped

LOL.  

If you believe it, then you could report him.  We all know that's not his real name.

But surely someone is reporting people.  Does FB just troll around looking for names that might not be real?  Mary Katherine Gallagher is a real name.  Maybe a movie character, but I'm sure there's someone with that as their name.  So what flagged that name?

It has occurred to me. But tit-for-tat is a dangerous game. Like nuclear war, once someone launches, a lot of people get naked on both sides.

I'll save it as a retaliatory strike if I must. But I won't do it preemptively.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon May 09, 2016 2:45 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

LOL.  

If you believe it, then you could report him.  We all know that's not his real name.

But surely someone is reporting people.  Does FB just troll around looking for names that might not be real?  Mary Katherine Gallagher is a real name.  Maybe a movie character, but I'm sure there's someone with that as their name.  So what flagged that name?

My guess is along the lines of what you said. It's ad driven. They probably can grab strange names the second they are created. Like them telling me I should give a real name not Pa. From there it's about the traffic they can cash in on. Polk uses his across more than just the Haunt. FB can grab info on his phone searches, mail, etc.. because his account allows them to grab ad dollars, he's not on their radar. My old one was clearly a fake, but I also only used it for the Haunt. No revenue. I signed in and out, only used it on my phone a time or two. It was easy from them to see that name at the bottom of list of possible fakes and zap it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon May 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

That's a flaw in the theory. Given his twisted mental composition, it just might be that he wants me around as sort of a nemesis, or that he thinks he can eventually suck up to me and get me back on speaking terms with him.

Well I just put it to the test saying he has a little penis. Lets see if I get zapped

LOL.

If you believe it, then you could report him. We all know that's not his real name.

But surely someone is reporting people. Does FB just troll around looking for names that might not be real? Mary Katherine Gallagher is a real name. Maybe a movie character, but I'm sure there's someone with that as their name. So what flagged that name?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon May 09, 2016 1:48 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Facebook account deletion cancellation theory.

We have an account snitch among us. There is a person who we all know has a petty, vindictive streak in him, and he's been "reporting" accounts of people who have clashed with him in the past.

This person wants to think he's the smartest, wittiest, cleverest person in any room, and when people fail to admit his superiority, he plays the "report user" card.

That's my theory.

You could be on to something there. The only reason I doubt it, is the responses from FB that I have gotten in regards to my old account. I have sent them several emails requesting access to the account simply to close it but never a response. That and I think he would have reported you by now.  Laughing  Laughing

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon May 09, 2016 1:25 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Facebook account deletion cancellation theory.

We have an account snitch among us. There is a person who we all know has a petty, vindictive streak in him, and he's been "reporting" accounts of people who have clashed with him in the past.

This person wants to think he's the smartest, wittiest, cleverest person in any room, and when people fail to admit his superiority, he plays the "report user" card.

That's my theory.

You could be on to something there. The only reason I doubt it, is the responses from FB that I have gotten in regards to my old account. I have sent them several emails requesting access to the account simply to close it but never a response. That and I think he would have reported you by now. Laughing Laughing

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Facebook account deletion cancellation theory.

That's my theory.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 am

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:

Patch is my new white guy. I image him in L.L.Bean shorts, polo shirts and sandals. He's already got the blonde cougar wife.

I'm leaving for Kentucky around three pm. I am sad.

Nike sweats, t-shirt and Asics, still white guy clothes.

Yesssssssssssssssss.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon May 09, 2016 11:28 am

Patch is my new white guy. I image him in L.L.Bean shorts, polo shirts and sandals. He's already got the blonde cougar wife.

Nike sweats, t-shirt and Asics, still white guy clothes.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon May 09, 2016 10:22 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:It was a busy weekend. Friday, car shopping in the morning, going to see the play my daughter was directing in the afternoon, (she did great) then Civil War for her birthday movie and dinner after. I got home around midnight.

I pick up my son's car tomorrow. We are hiding it at my in-laws house until his birthday at the end of the month.

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 3 QkdrpY3

He had his prom Saturday, so I had to drive him all over the place. He had a great time, so that made it all worth it. Then Mothers day yesterday, we just relaxed around here.

I started watching the new Fantastic Four movie but gave up after about 10 minutes of suck.

I thought I was your white guy...

(insert Civil War logo here.)

Your my old guy.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 09, 2016 10:11 am

Patch wrote:It was a busy weekend. Friday, car shopping in the morning, going to see the play my daughter was directing in the afternoon, (she did great) then Civil War for her birthday movie and dinner after. I got home around midnight.

I pick up my son's car tomorrow. We are hiding it at my in-laws house until his birthday at the end of the month.

He had his prom Saturday, so I had to drive him all over the place. He had a great time, so that made it all worth it. Then Mothers day yesterday, we just relaxed around here.

I started watching the new Fantastic Four movie but gave up after about 10 minutes of suck.

I thought I was your white guy...

(insert Civil War logo here.)
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon May 09, 2016 10:06 am

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon May 09, 2016 9:58 am

It was a busy weekend. Friday, car shopping in the morning, going to see the play my daughter was directing in the afternoon, (she did great) then Civil War for her birthday movie and dinner after. I got home around midnight.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Today's meatballs turned out as good or better than any I've yet made.

I used a mix of pork and beef that you can buy at WalMart. I used the second half of the package I bought last week. (thawed out from the freezer.)
    Added finely chopped onion, some garlic I roasted a bit in the oven and then chopped, some Great Value Italian style breadcrumbs, an egg, and a little salt and pepper. Cooked at 345 degrees for like 40 minutes wrapped in foil. Then added to some Prego traditional spaghetti sauce and added some red pepper flakes.

It was good and maybe this means it is time to make a change on my Sunday night menu and master something else.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun May 08, 2016 1:42 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

Hell, she wouldn't like whomever I brought around, so I don't know why she's so concerned.  Of the men I have dated, she hasn't liked one of them.

Maybe she disliked them due to an assumption that they were all liars helping you pretend to be straight.

I think this lesbian thing is recent.  While I was never popular with the boys, I did date in my 20s and early 30s.  But I haven't dated in years-well, I had one date about 4 years ago?  And it was ridiculous.  And I didn't share with my mom.  So, I think the lack of any activity of any kind in several years has led to this assumption.  I think as parents (and aunt, any family, really) they don't want to recognize or can't recognize that their family member is just not attractive in any way to the opposite sex (beyond offers for sex at 2 a.m., which doesn't count) and instead choose to believe that the reason I don't date is that I'm in the closet and am afraid to come out.

To be fair, I've seen it happen where a woman gets into her late 40's or so and suddenly "switches teams" so to speak, and takes up with women instead of men.  I have probably know men that did the same thing.

In my un-expert estimation, some people experience hormone changes that re-direct their sexuality.

Regardless, it's kind of sad that your mom has misguided ideas about your personal affairs and that you're kind of stuck in the house with her for a while.  I'm assuming she means well and wants you to be happy.  she just can't imagine a reality where you're not attracted to the good old boys in small-town Texas.[/quote]

My mom is from California, I don't think she cares about TX boys v. other boys. And yes, one of my closest friends recently came out. She was on her 2nd husband, just had her 2nd kid, and left her husband for a woman she met at work and says she's the happiest she's ever been. She was never unhappy straight, so I don't know how it all works-maybe she met this lady and it awakened something in her. But I know it can happen. And, like I said, it doesn't bother me if she thinks it, it bothers me that she apparently thinks I'm lying and, if I were gay, that she's trying to force me to admit something that I wasn't ready to.

Yea, it's better now that I can take care of myself more so she's back at work all day. I love her and I appreciate that she's taking care of me, but as an independent person used to being alone, it's hard being around 2 people almost 24 hours a day. For 8 weeks and counting.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 1:36 pm

kegs wrote:Hello all!

What have I missed?

KEGS

We've been worried about you.
    Not much going on except last month my mom passed away. She was frail after a stroke and it was not unexpected.

Don't disappear for months at a time, we need the coffee girls.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 1:24 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

Hell, she wouldn't like whomever I brought around, so I don't know why she's so concerned.  Of the men I have dated, she hasn't liked one of them.

Maybe she disliked them due to an assumption that they were all liars helping you pretend to be straight.

I think this lesbian thing is recent.  While I was never popular with the boys, I did date in my 20s and early 30s.  But I haven't dated in years-well, I had one date about 4 years ago?  And it was ridiculous.  And I didn't share with my mom.  So, I think the lack of any activity of any kind in several years has led to this assumption.  I think as parents (and aunt, any family, really) they don't want to recognize or can't recognize that their family member is just not attractive in any way to the opposite sex (beyond offers for sex at 2 a.m., which doesn't count) and instead choose to believe that the reason I don't date is that I'm in the closet and am afraid to come out.[/quote]

To be fair, I've seen it happen where a woman gets into her late 40's or so and suddenly "switches teams" so to speak, and takes up with women instead of men. I have probably know men that did the same thing.

In my un-expert estimation, some people experience hormone changes that re-direct their sexuality.

Regardless, it's kind of sad that your mom has misguided ideas about your personal affairs and that you're kind of stuck in the house with her for a while. I'm assuming she means well and wants you to be happy. she just can't imagine a reality where you're not attracted to the good old boys in small-town Texas.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun May 08, 2016 12:32 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

Maybe she disliked them due to an assumption that they were all liars helping you pretend to be straight.[/quote]

I think this lesbian thing is recent. While I was never popular with the boys, I did date in my 20s and early 30s. But I haven't dated in years-well, I had one date about 4 years ago? And it was ridiculous. And I didn't share with my mom. So, I think the lack of any activity of any kind in several years has led to this assumption. I think as parents (and aunt, any family, really) they don't want to recognize or can't recognize that their family member is just not attractive in any way to the opposite sex (beyond offers for sex at 2 a.m., which doesn't count) and instead choose to believe that the reason I don't date is that I'm in the closet and am afraid to come out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 am