TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
James.k.Polk
7 posters

M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 6 Empty Re: M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 2:05 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Didn't make it to the rally yesterday, but I heard Sanders had a HUGE turnout and killed it. As a person of mixed race and darker skin, the thought of Trump being president terrifies me.

Also Here's more Gallen hate. Whatever nonsense you post in the group page is one thing, but when you start posting your bullshit comments on my personal page, thus sucking the fun out of everything I post, that is poking the bear.

He really is working towards arch-nemesis status isn't he?

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 2:02 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:The Republican Party spent millions of dollars trying to convince voters that "anybody but Trump" is a reason to vote for another candidate. I'd argue that this "we know better than you" attitude is part of what's driving voters into Trump's corner.

Now Trump is the presumptive nominee and the Democrats are tuning up to sing the same damn song.

I'm not a Trump fan.  Never watched "The Apprentice". But I'm pretty sure Trump is going to win it all.

Bernie has the young vote and if Hillary were smart she would offer him VP and lock up the win. Without him, I think Trump has a good chance.

Hillary is unlikable but the way the party is run, allowed her to take delegates even when Bernie won state. In Wy he won and she came out 11-7. It's been that way since the start. She started out with 469 of 500 Super Delegates before the race started. Super delegates flipped on Hillary last time, so it's possible they could do the same again, but unlikely. I think it was clear she would be the nominee if she stepped out of the way of Obama.

Obama had the young vote. I assume they will stay home with their candidate out of the race.

The way I see it, both Trump and Sanders represent an anti-establishment voting bloc. The Republican anti-establishment voters are having their say, while those in the Democrat party were no
    Here's my fear Trump wins the general election. His campaign promises are quickly dropped and the status quo remains. This will piss off enough people that right wing civil unrest will get going. The left wing will already be poised for riots and protest. We'll experience four years of political violence and malaise. The economy tanks. Seriously bad shit goes down.

Finally, war will be drummed up to appease and distract the masses.

He's gonna have a hard time if he wins.  He already seems to not understand what his job would be as President.  Then there's either going to be a Republican held or Democratic held Congress and either way, none of them "like" him and will do what they can to thwart him.  He's unlikely to have many supporters who are willing to write a bill at his request and even if he does, it's gonna be hard to get it passed.  A lot of the goodwill from other world leaders that Obama built back up from Bush is going to be out the window.  Hell, he's already pissing other countries off and he's just a candidate.  
    I do fear war, though.  He's not the kind of man who will listen to anyone else (like his advisors) and something is going to happen.

While I do believe that a Republican congress would get in line a little bit, you're right that gridlock would surely happen. That means the border fence and Trumps terrorism agenda old stall. Except Obama has shown the way for him. Congress doesn't do what you want? Just issue executive order after executive order and get what you want any way.

I have been worried about this for a while. When Obama started expanding the use of executive orders, the democrats applauded. But now the precedent is set and someone we *might*not like will do the same thing only times ten.

The democrats seem to be pushing a "hold your nose and vote Hillary" campaign, and I'm not sure there'll be any enthusiasm among her voter base.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:The Republican Party spent millions of dollars trying to convince voters that "anybody but Trump" is a reason to vote for another candidate. I'd argue that this "we know better than you" attitude is part of what's driving voters into Trump's corner.

Now Trump is the presumptive nominee and the Democrats are tuning up to sing the same damn song.

I'm not a Trump fan.  Never watched "The Apprentice". But I'm pretty sure Trump is going to win it all.

Bernie has the young vote and if Hillary were smart she would offer him VP and lock up the win. Without him, I think Trump has a good chance.

Hillary is unlikable but the way the party is run, allowed her to take delegates even when Bernie won state. In Wy he won and she came out 11-7. It's been that way since the start. She started out with 469 of 500 Super Delegates before the race started. Super delegates flipped on Hillary last time, so it's possible they could do the same again, but unlikely. I think it was clear she would be the nominee if she stepped out of the way of Obama.

Obama had the young vote. I assume they will stay home with their candidate out of the race.

The way I see it, both Trump and Sanders represent an anti-establishment voting bloc. The Republican anti-establishment voters are having their say, while those in the Democrat party were not.

Here's my fear Trump wins the general election. His campaign promises are quickly dropped and the status quo remains. This will piss off enough people that right wing civil unrest will get going. The left wing will already be poised for riots and protest. We'll experience four years of political violence and malaise. The economy tanks. Seriously bad shit goes down.

He's gonna have a hard time if he wins. He already seems to not understand what his job would be as President. Then there's either going to be a Republican held or Democratic held Congress and either way, none of them "like" him and will do what they can to thwart him. He's unlikely to have many supporters who are willing to write a bill at his request and even if he does, it's gonna be hard to get it passed. A lot of the goodwill from other world leaders that Obama built back up from Bush is going to be out the window. Hell, he's already pissing other countries off and he's just a candidate.
    I do fear war, though. He's not the kind of man who will listen to anyone else (like his advisors) and something is going to happen.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed May 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Didn't make it to the rally yesterday, but I heard Sanders had a HUGE turnout and killed it. As a person of mixed race and darker skin, the thought of Trump being president terrifies me.

Also Here's more Gallen hate. Whatever nonsense you post in the group page is one thing, but when you start posting your bullshit comments on my personal page, thus sucking the fun out of everything I post, that is poking the bear.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 8:58 am

Patch wrote:

The way I see it, both Trump and Sanders represent an anti-establishment voting bloc. The Republican anti-establishment voters are having their say, while those in the Democrat party were not.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed May 04, 2016 7:43 am

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed May 04, 2016 7:20 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:

warts on his junk.

Well played sir cheers cheers cheers
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 7:10 am

The Republican Party spent millions of dollars trying to convince voters that "anybody but Trump" is a reason to vote for another candidate. I'd argue that this "we know better than you" attitude is part of what's driving voters into Trump's corner.

I'm not a Trump fan. Never watched "The Apprentice". But I'm pretty sure Trump is going to win it all.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:I'm going to put today's conversation to the test. I will give you the details later but I'll put this on the record now

At Least 2

Confused? I'll let you know more later.

I am baffled and intrigued. Tell me more.

warts on his junk.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 am

Patch wrote:I'm going to put today's conversation to the test. I will give you the details later but I'll put this on the record now

At Least 2

I am baffled and intrigued. Tell me more.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 9:23 pm

I'm going to put today's conversation to the test. I will give you the details later but I'll put this on the record now

At Least 2

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 7:37 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Next up, a young boy in Western Kentucky has an imaginary friend that turns out to be a demon who wants to possess him.  "Some people believe evil spirits have wandered this area for centuries, lurking in the shadows, waiting to take another soul."

Gonzo?  Still have your soul?

No. But I don't live in Western Ky either.

I guess demons are scared of the eastern part of the state
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 7:16 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Next up, a young boy in Western Kentucky has an imaginary friend that turns out to be a demon who wants to possess him.  "Some people believe evil spirits have wandered this area for centuries, lurking in the shadows, waiting to take another soul."

No. But I don't live in Western Ky either.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 4:55 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

This family is ridiculous.  This child is clearly a sociopath.  His nanny quit, he's destroying his toys, he tried to kill their pet, he's peed on everything in his room, tells his parents he doesn't have to listen to them.  And their response is to...let him do whatever the hell he wants.  Seriously.  He isn't punished for anything he's done (after he destroys some of his toys, they let him continue to play with his other toys.  I know it's a re-enactment, but the real parents are talking.  He does this, the next day he's playing and this happens.  Why is he playing, shouldn't he be grounded?).  the mom's solution is cry while her 5 year old son runs off to do whatever.  

I guess some people don't want to admit their child is a monster, so they are willing to believe he's possessed by a demon because that's easier to face.

Seriously, this has been going on a year and they never once think their kid needs psychiatric help.  From the beginning, it's been a ghost haunting their kid and making him act a certain way.

I guess it's easier to believe that it's cause by a ghost/demon because they can hope for a more permanent solution by getting an exorcist or something. If they look at the idea of it being a psychological issue, that means it's a life long problem that will involve continuous care and struggle.

I just watched an ep that an exorcism required a priest and rituals and whatnot.  This one, she called an old friend, who was a Native American shaman, and he told her that as the homeowner, she had to perform the cleansing, by pouring olive oil everywhere, burning sage, and praying, while demanding the entity leave.

The burning sage thing I don't get. Do demons not like the smell of overlooked thanksgiving dinner?

And olive oil? Pre-columbian native cultures didn't have access to olives at all did they? Why would olive oil be important to Native American rituals?

The reason for the ingredients is never given. I also wonder why it can only be the homeowner, when apparently anyone in the house can invite a demon in. Also, how the hell does a child invite a demon in? Where does he meet this demon? Does the demon tell him he can't come play at his house unless the kid invites him to live with him? Also, what do you do if you rent? Hope your landlord is willing to pour olive oil all over his property?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 4:51 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

This family is ridiculous.  This child is clearly a sociopath.  His nanny quit, he's destroying his toys, he tried to kill their pet, he's peed on everything in his room, tells his parents he doesn't have to listen to them.  And their response is to...let him do whatever the hell he wants.  Seriously.  He isn't punished for anything he's done (after he destroys some of his toys, they let him continue to play with his other toys.  I know it's a re-enactment, but the real parents are talking.  He does this, the next day he's playing and this happens.  Why is he playing, shouldn't he be grounded?).  the mom's solution is cry while her 5 year old son runs off to do whatever.  

I guess some people don't want to admit their child is a monster, so they are willing to believe he's possessed by a demon because that's easier to face.

Seriously, this has been going on a year and they never once think their kid needs psychiatric help.  From the beginning, it's been a ghost haunting their kid and making him act a certain way.

I guess it's easier to believe that it's cause by a ghost/demon because they can hope for a more permanent solution by getting an exorcist or something. If they look at the idea of it being a psychological issue, that means it's a life long problem that will involve continuous care and struggle.

I just watched an ep that an exorcism required a priest and rituals and whatnot.  This one, she called an old friend, who was a Native American shaman, and he told her that as the homeowner, she had to perform the cleansing, by pouring olive oil everywhere, burning sage, and praying, while demanding the entity leave.

I wonder at the long term effectiveness of stuff like this. Do shows like this ever do a follow up a few years later to see if the exorcism has "stuck" or if the demons have returned?

Both shows I watched ended by them saying something about still feeling a presence, etc. So, no, I don't think it works. I think it's a psychological thing and they are just waiting on an excuse to say the demon has come back.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

The burning sage thing I don't get. Do demons not like the smell of overlooked thanksgiving dinner?

And olive oil? Pre-columbian native cultures didn't have access to olives at all did they? Why would olive oil be important to Native American rituals?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 4:41 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

I wonder at the long term effectiveness of stuff like this. Do shows like this ever do a follow up a few years later to see if the exorcism has "stuck" or if the demons have returned?

Once the homeowners cash the check, I'm sure the entities disappear.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue May 03, 2016 4:10 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 4:07 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

I just watched an ep that an exorcism required a priest and rituals and whatnot. This one, she called an old friend, who was a Native American shaman, and he told her that as the homeowner, she had to perform the cleansing, by pouring olive oil everywhere, burning sage, and praying, while demanding the entity leave.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue May 03, 2016 3:55 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue May 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

At this point, I'd describe myself as the seemingly paradoxical mix of being an atheist who believes in magic. I'm not 100% convinced that there's no god, I just don't find any of the proposed beliefs of what he/it is to be convincing, and the idea of a universe without a god seems no less explicable or believable to me than a universe with one. At the same time, I feel like there's a sort of shared mental space that humans can reach where we see a wider perspective of reality and can influence how we interact with it.

I believe in God. Its a shared thought over many religions of a higher power. I don't think my relationship with God matches or should follow guidelines set by another. All religions were shaped, molded, changed and abused by man. What is left is a letter of the law that solely depends on which book you happened to pick up, family upbringing, or part of the world you live in. At the center of the majority is a similar lesson. I set point for your moral compass, a guide for your conscience. That is where my belief lies. I know it may seem strange since speaking about belief in God, is either mocked as stupidity, or you are assumed a "High Horse" Christian.

I am neither. I have a guide in my life. I don't deserve the life I have. I know this to be true. My relationship with God is unique and my own.

At the end of the day, I'll take that.

I can dig that. I've believed for years that if there is a God, it's unlike anything that's ever been imagined by any of the existing human belief systems I've ever heard of. Some of them might be closer or further from having guessed the truth, but no ones gotten close to the being right.

I'm also of the opinion that if a God exist it isn't necessarily a single entity either. After all, if there can be one, why not two or more. The question of "If there's no God, then what created the universe?" is often countered with "If there is a God, then what created that?" with the point being that if we assume that everything needs a creator, then there'd be an infinite regress, which doesn't work, erego "God doesn't work either". I don't find the concept of an infinite chain of Gods to be any less believable than the idea of an infinite set of universes.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Seriously, this has been going on a year and they never once think their kid needs psychiatric help. From the beginning, it's been a ghost haunting their kid and making him act a certain way.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

At this point, I'd describe myself as the seemingly paradoxical mix of being an atheist who believes in magic. I'm not 100% convinced that there's no god, I just don't find any of the proposed beliefs of what he/it is to be convincing, and the idea of a universe without a god seems no less explicable or believable to me than a universe with one. At the same time, I feel like there's a sort of shared mental space that humans can reach where we see a wider perspective of reality and can influence how we interact with it.

I believe in God. Its a shared thought over many religions of a higher power. I don't think my relationship with God matches or should follow guidelines set by another. All religions were shaped, molded, changed and abused by man. What is left is a letter of the law that solely depends on which book you happened to pick up, family upbringing, or part of the world you live in. At the center of the majority is a similar lesson. I set point for your moral compass, a guide for your conscience. That is where my belief lies. I know it may seem strange since speaking about belief in God, is either mocked as stupidity, or you are assumed a "High Horse" Christian.

I am neither. I have a guide in my life. I don't deserve the life I have. I know this to be true. My relationship with God is unique and my own.

At the end of the day, I'll take that.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm

In high school I heard most of the racist remarks. Our boss is pushing 75 and makes racist remarks from time to time that I ignore because I need a job. When my parents divorced I was 11. My mom moved to Oak Cliff with my step dad, so we were just kids playing together then. The black lady that ran a little candy store there was one of my favorite people in the world. She gave me candy.

I never really gave it much thought until I was around 19 and guy that worked under me complained that I was a racist for telling him he wasn't doing his job. I asked him if he really thought that and he said All white people are racist.

I have a habit of calling my friends and co workers brother. I remember one of our supervisors when I first started in GPS laughing when I did it. He thought it was funny. I've had a couple of other black guys look at me funny when I say it to them, but he was the only one that busted out laughing.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Next up, a young boy in Western Kentucky has an imaginary friend that turns out to be a demon who wants to possess him. "Some people believe evil spirits have wandered this area for centuries, lurking in the shadows, waiting to take another soul."

Gonzo? Still have your soul?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am