TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
Sleverin
James.k.Polk
NebulaJack
7 posters

The New Year Approaches.

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

The New Year Approaches. - Page 13 Empty Re: The New Year Approaches.

Post by kegs Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:29 am

Patch wrote:
    Sleverin wrote: (Lost is abysmal)

What? This is why you get banned. lol

I enjoyed Lost. There was no way they could have tied up all the plot lines they created and it did go off the rails from time to time, but I liked that it wasn't like anything else on TV at the time. There were so many imitators after that failed. I watched Surface, which I thought was great, but it was canceled. It got to the point I wouldn't invest the time in them because you knew they wouldn't last a season

Lost was really good up until
    spoiler:
    From that point on it was painful because you kept hoping they're be a big payoff at the end. A reward for all the time you spent watching. There was not. It was just a big stupid convoluted mess that they solved in the stupidest laziest of ways.

Battlestar Galactica was something like that but you could forgive the ending because the rest of the show was so amazing.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:23 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I don't think he mis-heard anything. I think he read it on a message board and decided to promote the idea as part of his "antagonize everyone" instincts.  Which is weird because also has a "toady up to people" instinct. It must be hell trying to decide whether to try to buddy up to people vs trying to piss everyone off.

The New Year Approaches. - Page 13 Latest?cb=20130824200436
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:58 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Speaking of Gallen, I posted a picture from Space Balls about Rey's parents, which I found humorous. Naturally Gallen had to remind everyone how much he hates JJ Abrams and once again spew his nonsense about Rey being a Kenobi..Thus proving he has no sense of humor and is in fact, an awful human being.

I've heard it mentioned before from other sources that Rey could be a Kenobi.  I wont say what sources, but lets just say that many of them died to bring me this information.

Yeah but Gallen's whole thing is based on an intentional mishearing of a line in the trailer where Rey says "I'm no one"  as "I'm O Wan"

Agreed-at least the other suppositions can provide some actual backup, rather than misunderstanding what was said, and then willfully refusing to recognize that he mis-heard something.

I don't think he mis-heard anything. I think he read it on a message board and decided to promote the idea as part of his "antagonize everyone" instincts. Which is weird because also has a "toady up to people" instinct. It must be hell trying to decide whether to try to buddy up to people vs trying to piss everyone off.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 am

Patch wrote:

I enjoyed Lost. There was no way they could have tied up all the plot lines they created and it did go off the rails from time to time, but I liked that it wasn't like anything else on TV at the time. There were so many imitators after that failed. I watched Surface, which I thought was great, but it was canceled. It got to the point I wouldn't invest the time in them because you knew they wouldn't last a season

I never got into Lost. I honestly think there's something wrong with me that I am unwilling to invest in serialized entertainment.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 am

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 am

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Speaking of Gallen, I posted a picture from Space Balls about Rey's parents, which I found humorous. Naturally Gallen had to remind everyone how much he hates JJ Abrams and once again spew his nonsense about Rey being a Kenobi..Thus proving he has no sense of humor and is in fact, an awful human being.

I've heard it mentioned before from other sources that Rey could be a Kenobi.  I wont say what sources, but lets just say that many of them died to bring me this information.

Yeah but Gallen's whole thing is based on an intentional mishearing of a line in the trailer where Rey says "I'm no one"  as "I'm O Wan"

Well that's just wrong.  I'm going to laugh my ass of if it turns out that Rey's parents are just normal everyday unremarkable people. Like maybe her father was a garbage collector and her mother a secretary.

This would be my preference. She doesn't need to be related to anyone in order to be super-sensitive to the Force. She most likely was being trained in the Jedi school and was maybe the only one they could rescue before Ren went nuts.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:27 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:

Agreed-at least the other suppositions can provide some actual backup, rather than misunderstanding what was said, and then willfully refusing to recognize that he mis-heard something.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:54 pm

kegs wrote:Well that's just wrong.  I'm going to laugh my ass of if it turns out that Rey's parents are just normal everyday unremarkable people. Like maybe her father was a garbage collector and her mother a secretary.

MAKE IT SO!
    http://www.oocities.org/heartland/acres/1189/images/stfc_4006.jpg
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:19 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:

Well that's just wrong. I'm going to laugh my ass of if it turns out that Rey's parents are just normal everyday unremarkable people. Like maybe her father was a garbage collector and her mother a secretary.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:22 pm

I
    M
    O
    W
    A
    N

I
    M
    W
    O
    M
    A
    N

I
    L
    L
    U
    M
    I
    N
    A
    T
    I CONFIRMED
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:14 pm

kegs wrote:

Yeah but Gallen's whole thing is based on an intentional mishearing of a line in the trailer where Rey says "I'm no one" as "I'm O Wan"
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:56 pm

I dunno, I liked but not loved TFA. If it wasn't a Star Wars movie, I probably wouldn't have seen it. I loved Solo, Ren and Fynn the most. The action scenes looked cool, I wasn't really drawn into the plot or the stakes of Rei especially by the end of the movie. I don't think Abrams is terrible though. He seems to be a guy who's lucky enough to be able to make big budget passion projects. Also, he, Orci and Kurtzman (the last two of which wrote the badly panned Spider Man 2 and Into Darkness movies) somehow made one awesome thing: Fringe. A lot of their related work is otherwise questionable (Lost is abysmal) but Fringe is one of my most favorite shows. How much input did they have into making it? I don't know, but I think that Abrams heart is at least in the right place (especially the TFA actions scenes, those were fantastic).

Also, does anyone really care of Rei is a Kenobi? Does that have any significance other than if she's a Skywalker it would really make the story cliched?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:15 pm

I've heard it mentioned before from other sources that Rey could be a Kenobi. I wont say what sources, but lets just say that many of them died to bring me this information.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:49 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

He is a horrible little man.

His Kenobi nonsense is on par with his "interstellar is anti-evolution" screed that no one was interested in talking to him about. His mind is broken I think.

lets cut his break lines.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:12 pm

He is a horrible little man.

His Kenobi nonsense is on par with his "interstellar is anti-evolution" screed that no one was interested in talking to him about. His mind is broken I think.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Speaking of Gallen, I posted a picture from Space Balls about Rey's parents, which I found humorous. Naturally Gallen had to remind everyone how much he hates JJ Abrams and once again spew his nonsense about Rey being a Kenobi..Thus proving he has no sense of humor and is in fact, an awful human being.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Sleverin wrote:Apparently I was the one who got kicked.  Apparently Gonzo took it upon himself to kick me because I cracked a couple of jokes at him.  While Gallen goes around verbally assaulting people with post after post, I make one joke to Gonzo and get kicked.  Not gonna lie, that's a pretty bitch move.  Confront me about it, ask me why I was doing that, or something.  Don't just auto kick me because you felt personally attacked.  If I posted something seriously offensive, then let me know, give me a warning.  Just because I broke your balls a tiny bit doesn't mean I should get banned.

Oh dear.  

I hope all of my friends can get along with each other and I am sad to see you guys in conflict.  I hope we can work. It out and get back to just having Gallen., like God intended.

Always hate Gallen.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:34 pm

I was quoting a line from the Wire to show that it was a joke. I didn't personally assault you either, I made a joke. On top of that, you made a comment about my mom. I made another joke about that to show that I wasn't mad. To be honest, I should be the one who's mad if you're going to make flippant insults about my mom and then kick me from a group for trying to play it off as a joke. I know you get mad easily, I've seen that, but that's not an excuse to kick me flippantly for a single remark. As I mentioned before, Gallen makes a series of annoying posts (not just comments but posts) and everyone complains but does nothing. I make a remark towards you and you boot me. Besides personal feelings, I see little reason to do that.

I'm not trying to further incite things, I just wanted to explain why I came here and made my former statement. Thank you for inviting me back onto the FB group.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:24 pm

It's only for a couple of hours and I had planned on letting you back in. Honestly I'm not even that mad about it. You just caught me at a bad time and I felt that you were out of line. Calling me a bitch or saying it's a bitch move isn't going to get you back in any sooner. I'm sorry you feel that way, but maybe you should think a little before you just randomly start mouthing off. Especially to an admin about "coming at the king". Also we're adults here. I shouldn't have to slap your hand like a child. Gallen is a touchy subject. While he is an annoying asshole, I am as well and while he likes to get on his high horse on people, he's never actually insulted someone outright. So I'll just bide my time and wait for him to make a mistake.

In closing, I have nothing personal against you, but just think a little about what you say before you say it in the future. I'll try not to be such a little bitch in the future.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:11 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:As an "artist" I find I am at my most productive when I am supposed to be doing something else.

Now try doing it for a living.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:23 am

I'm annoyed but mostly because I was kicked with no warning and ostensibly for no reason.  If I was running wild making a series of really mean spirited/offensive posts then I would understand.  If I had been asked to tone it down and I didn't, hey that's my fault.  I even apologized to RK the other day once I realized my comment sounded aggressive towards her.  The instant reaction is unfair and uncalled for.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:20 am

Sleverin wrote:Apparently I was the one who got kicked.  Apparently Gonzo took it upon himself to kick me because I cracked a couple of jokes at him.  While Gallen goes around verbally assaulting people with post after post, I make one joke to Gonzo and get kicked.  Not gonna lie, that's a pretty bitch move.  Confront me about it, ask me why I was doing that, or something.  Don't just auto kick me because you felt personally attacked.  If I posted something seriously offensive, then let me know, give me a warning.  Just because I broke your balls a tiny bit doesn't mean I should get banned.

Oh dear.

I hope all of my friends can get along with each other and I am sad to see you guys in conflict. I hope we can work. It out and get back to just having Gallen., like God intended.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:48 am

Apparently I was the one who got kicked. Apparently Gonzo took it upon himself to kick me because I cracked a couple of jokes at him. While Gallen goes around verbally assaulting people with post after post, I make one joke to Gonzo and get kicked. Not gonna lie, that's a pretty bitch move. Confront me about it, ask me why I was doing that, or something. Don't just auto kick me because you felt personally attacked. If I posted something seriously offensive, then let me know, give me a warning. Just because I broke your balls a tiny bit doesn't mean I should get banned.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:28 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning!! Banning mouthy little punks from the facebook group sure is a great feeling. Smile Makes me glad the forum stays nice and small and adult.

What kind of punk and what mouthy thing did he say? I'm genuinely curious. I have administrator status on a couple of the groups and I want to know when we think banning is appropriate.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:27 am

As an "artist" I find I am at my most productive when I am supposed to be doing something else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:43 pm