TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

3 posters

Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist.

Poll

Which of the following holiday specials would you most like to see?

[ 2 ]
    Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_left67%Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_left0%Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_left0%Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_left33%Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 3
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Empty Re: Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist.

Post by kegs Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:48 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I did the holiday spirit thing for Halloween and Thanksgiving, might as well do the same of Xmas and Xmas like days... but I'm thinking New Years might just be a week's worth of stuff at best.

I agree, New Year's isn't really a holiday, per se.  More than 2 or 3 days might be hard.

The weird thing is, that people acknowledge it for a good while longer than other holidays. Generally speaking, I'll hear people say "Happy New Year" to other people (usually ones that they're seeing for the first time in that current year) up into late January or even early February. I've never heard someone say "Merry Christmas" after the 26th, maybe 27th of December.

Well ya see, it's like this....

The other holidays are just celebrating one day "Merry Christmas! Happy Halloween! Happy St-Patrick's Day" whereas New Years Eve celebration isn't really just celebrating that eve or the day after, its' the celebration of the new year and all the possibilities that it may bring for that year.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Empty Re: Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist.

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:01 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I did the holiday spirit thing for Halloween and Thanksgiving, might as well do the same of Xmas and Xmas like days... but I'm thinking New Years might just be a week's worth of stuff at best.

I agree, New Year's isn't really a holiday, per se.  More than 2 or 3 days might be hard.

The weird thing is, that people acknowledge it for a good while longer than other holidays. Generally speaking, I'll hear people say "Happy New Year" to other people (usually ones that they're seeing for the first time in that current year) up into late January or even early February. I've never heard someone say "Merry Christmas" after the 26th, maybe 27th of December.

Well, people have been saying Merry Christmas since the day after Thanksgiving, if not sooner. Then immediately following Xmas is NY, and there is nothing major following it.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:28 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:16 am

I agree, New Year's isn't really a holiday, per se. More than 2 or 3 days might be hard.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist. Empty Poll 12-3-15 Holiday Specials that should exist.

Post by NebulaJack Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:29 pm

I did the holiday spirit thing for Halloween and Thanksgiving, might as well do the same of Xmas and Xmas like days... but I'm thinking New Years might just be a week's worth of stuff at best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:04 am