TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
kegs
NebulaJack
Patch
7 posters

Thankful Thanksgiving

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Thankful Thanksgiving - Page 2 Empty Re: Thankful Thanksgiving

Post by kegs Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:19 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Hello everyone! I am still alive!!! I'm late, but I am thankful for all the Topless Robot friends I've made. ALL OF YOU!!

I'm not thankful for the fact that a post gets lost when you try to post it at the same time someone else is posting their post. post.

But I am thankful you're alive and for opposable thumbs. They let me point at myself ask/answer the question, "Who's awesome?" also pretty pleased with the index finger as it allows me to point to my monitor, and to this site and ask, "Y'know who else is awesome?"

All of you.

So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by Patch Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:11 am

Good morning gang. Hope you had a great T-day break. I had a great time. The kids were gone for most of it, but we had a epic game of Trivia Pursuit before they left. I took my boys to stay with my ex'es family for a couple of days, so I got to see my daughter for lunch and a little shopping on Wednesday. We had a good time, though the Cheesecake Factory, was a let down.

Thursday my wife and I lounged around after putting the turkey in the oven, and did some online shopping. Then I made a caramel apple pie that was outstanding. We ate a great meal, watched a crappy football game, then started watching The man from UNCLE. It was decent.

Friday we were in a food coma, so we put on Lonesome Dove, lit a fire in the fireplace, and did more shopping. We got Apple Watches for each other, and I scored a new basketball goal for the kids, to replace the one we lost in the storms last spring. We actually finished Lonesome Dove, which really speaks to how good it is, that I would watch four dvd's worth of it.

Saturday, I picked up the boys, and was over eating Thanksgiving food, so we stopped at Pappa's Burgers on the way back. Good food, worth $15 bucks a burger? No.

Yesterday was spent getting ready for the real world to come back. Laundry, cleaning and I made up some lasagna for dinner last night. It turned out really good.

That was my Thanksgiving break, How was yours?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:33 am

Hello everyone! I am still alive!!! I'm late, but I am thankful for all the Topless Robot friends I've made. ALL OF YOU!!
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:14 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: Baby Sitter

Holly wants to be allowed to stay home at the cave at High Bluff alone while Rick and Will go out on an overnight hike.

Rick wants Holly to have Chaka come over to babysit her...  Rick Marshal wants Holly to be "babysat" by a subhuman primate.

Will wants to scare Holly by suggesting that Mr. Disco Ball, er I mean the Zarn might want to play.

The zarn is screwing with Big Alice. says she's stupid and wonders what will happen to her in a million years when she evolves into a bird.   Interesting that they already had the idea that the dinos would evolve into birds back in the 70s.

I think Rick wants Chaka there so that if anything happens, Holly will have time to escape while Chaka is left to be a delicious distraction.

Also, they've had the idea that dinos evolved from birds since the Archaeopteryx was found way back in the 1800's.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 am

Happy belated Thanksgiving. For some unknown reason I thought it was on the weekend. I think it may have been all the black Friday hullabaloo that mixed me up. Oh well.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:39 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: Baby Sitter

Holly wants to be allowed to stay home at the cave at High Bluff alone while Rick and Will go out on an overnight hike.

Rick wants Holly to have Chaka come over to babysit her...  Rick Marshal wants Holly to be "babysat" by a subhuman primate.

Will wants to scare Holly by suggesting that Mr. Disco Ball, er I mean the Zarn might want to play.

The zarn is screwing with Big Alice. says she's stupid and wonders what will happen to her in a million years when she evolves into a bird. Interesting that they already had the idea that the dinos would evolve into birds back in the 70s.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:36 am

Land of the Lost: Baby Sitter

Rick wants Holly to have Chaka come over to babysit her... Rick Marshal wants Holly to be "babysat" by a subhuman primate.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Happy Thanks and Giving y'all.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm off work in 3 hours.  Don't come back until Monday.  Yes!

Meanwhile I had to go to grapevine for a district meeting at 9:30. It ended at 11:00 and I drove down to Burleson to make my call backs for customer follow up. When I got there I found five boxes of phones to be checked in plus four boxes of accessories. Took me until, 2:00 to get done. I leave and go to Genghis grill for lunch... Text messages start going through saying the store needs to stay open until,at least seven instead of the posted five pm pre holiday exit. My staff is pissed, doesn't want to stay late.

Probably I get to go back and run the store on my day off. If I have to do that I'm fucking sending them all home as soon as I get back there. My co manager and I will do it ourselves.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:34 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:So there's a secret santa thing this year? Damn it. Is it too late to jump into this? If so, Polk, I'll send you some stuff since you were so cool to me last year. If anyone want to send me something, that'd be great, but don't worry about it.

Nobody should feel left out at Christmastime. I'll unsecretly Samta you.

And by Samta, I mean Santa.

When I send you something in the mail next month, I'm writing "From you Unsecret Samta" on the box.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm really starting to work myself up-still not response from anyone else in my group.  Not even from the guy who posted his own message saying he'd be on at noon to check for responses.

I need to calm myself down.  I'll be submitting something even if it's on my own, so we'll get graded, so I shouldn't worry about that.  But damn.  I'm all worked up about and the other 3 aren't even worried.

Thankful Thanksgiving - Page 2 WGAYeGd

I have a feeling that a lot of students go through school this way.

When I was at the University of Oklahoma, I took a "summer in Mexico" program.  A group of students spends a month at an OU-owned facility outside of Colima Mexico.  There were morning classes in an outdoor classroom. (Literally there were iguanas and other critters that would need shooing out of the class area) There was a pre-lunch sing-along thing.  (Our professors believed that singing activates different language centers and improves fluency. They were probably right.)

And there was a play we were supposed to read on our own and there were quizzes and written work to go with what we'd read.  The play was titled "Amor Sin Pasaporte" if I recall.

I worked on the reading a little every day and I answered the questions and turned all the work in. Other people in the program went into Colima to drink and basically carouse.

I was the only one who turned in the work, which was supposed to be 1/3 of the grade.  I do not *think* anyone was marked down for not doing the work i had done.

My whole life this has been an issue.  Part of the problem, too, has always been that the slackers knew I was going to do the work, so if they partnered with me, they wouldn't have to do anything and still get graded.  By the time I got to high school, I was asking if I could work alone, etc.  It has been the rare occasion that a group project was equally worked on.

Nothing changes. I remember freshman history in high school. The teacher was one of the football coaches. The desks were two seater partner desks. The higher achieving students were all partnered with football players at the same desk. It was as if the teacher wanted them to have a good test to cheat off of.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 am

I'm off work in 3 hours. Don't come back until Monday. Yes!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:54 am

Hey, Patch, some of us have been posting on the FB haunt what we like, in case the person who got our name doesn't know us well, etc. Like do we own a DVD or a bluray player, if we're into anime or comic books, that kind of thing. Just thought I'd let you know in case you A. wanted to see if your person had posted something and B. in case you wanted to post something.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:22 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm really starting to work myself up-still not response from anyone else in my group.  Not even from the guy who posted his own message saying he'd be on at noon to check for responses.

I need to calm myself down.  I'll be submitting something even if it's on my own, so we'll get graded, so I shouldn't worry about that.  But damn.  I'm all worked up about and the other 3 aren't even worried.

When I was at the University of Oklahoma, I took a "summer in Mexico" program.  A group of students spends a month at an OU-owned facility outside of Colima Mexico.  There were morning classes in an outdoor classroom. (Literally there were iguanas and other critters that would need shooing out of the class area) There was a pre-lunch sing-along thing.  (Our professors believed that singing activates different language centers and improves fluency. They were probably right.)

And there was a play we were supposed to read on our own and there were quizzes and written work to go with what we'd read.  The play was titled "Amor Sin Pasaporte" if I recall.

I worked on the reading a little every day and I answered the questions and turned all the work in. Other people in the program went into Colima to drink and basically carouse.

I was the only one who turned in the work, which was supposed to be 1/3 of the grade.  I do not *think* anyone was marked down for not doing the work i had done.

My whole life this has been an issue. Part of the problem, too, has always been that the slackers knew I was going to do the work, so if they partnered with me, they wouldn't have to do anything and still get graded. By the time I got to high school, I was asking if I could work alone, etc. It has been the rare occasion that a group project was equally worked on.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:So there's a secret santa thing this year? Damn it. Is it too late to jump into this? If so, Polk, I'll send you some stuff since you were so cool to me last year. If anyone want to send me something, that'd be great, but don't worry about it.

And by Samta, I mean Santa.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:06 am

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:20 am

So there's a secret santa thing this year? Damn it. Is it too late to jump into this? If so, Polk, I'll send you some stuff since you were so cool to me last year. If anyone want to send me something, that'd be great, but don't worry about it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:45 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Part of my Secret Santa gift is on it's way.  To me, of course, I've gotta check it out before I send it on.  This year is both easy and hard, and my giftee and I share many likes, but I worry that the person owns a lot of things I would think to send.  

I'm going to buy a baseball cap and have it embroidered "Friend of Polk"

That's only going to be one bit of mine. No one who reads this forum is the person I drew, so I feel OK with divulging some details.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:44 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

When I was at the University of Oklahoma, I took a "summer in Mexico" program. A group of students spends a month at an OU-owned facility outside of Colima Mexico. There were morning classes in an outdoor classroom. (Literally there were iguanas and other critters that would need shooing out of the class area) There was a pre-lunch sing-along thing. (Our professors believed that singing activates different language centers and improves fluency. They were probably right.)

And there was a play we were supposed to read on our own and there were quizzes and written work to go with what we'd read. The play was titled "Amor Sin Pasaporte" if I recall.

I was the only one who turned in the work, which was supposed to be 1/3 of the grade. I do not *think* anyone was marked down for not doing the work i had done.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Part of my Secret Santa gift is on it's way. To me, of course, I've gotta check it out before I send it on. This year is both easy and hard, and my giftee and I share many likes, but I worry that the person owns a lot of things I would think to send.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:39 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

I hope it's Polk

I think it would have been funny if Gonzo had sent everyone their own name
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:33 am

An update on the Group Project from Hell. I posted that I was going to submit our stocks and pick for a report at 10 p.m. last night if I didn't hear from anyone. I posted what I chose. I log in and there's a different guy, hadn't been there all week, wanting me to pick some different ones. Oh-kay, nice of you to show up. I accept his choices, I just want to get this done. Then he messages again that "these are the ones I submitted." What? It's ONE submission. Turns out, the idiot didn't completely read or understand the project and thought we were each supposed to pick our own stocks-why he thought I was posting all these messages, I don't know-and he had already submitted stock picks. The fact that a message comes up and says "are you sure you want to submit? You are submitting on behalf of your entire group" didn't click with him either? Idiot. Oh, no, I don't think so-part of the project is picking diversified stocks, and this idiot had all pharmaceutical companies, with Apple and Walmart. So we get that straightened out, and I suggest one of our 10 to do a report on. He wants me to explain why I think that's the best choice when Walmart will make more money this holiday season. Again, he didn't read the assignment. You are supposed to write an evaluation of the company, over the years, using balance sheets, income statements, information on competitors, etc. It has nothing to do with whether it's stocks is going up. Well, I wasn't really asking him, I was past the point of being nice and willing to compromise, and resubmitted our choices, with a note that the submission from earlier was a mistake, etc.

It was by that point 11:15 and this was due at midnight. He was the only person of my 3 groupmates that showed up-not even the asshat who posted yesterday morning.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 am

Patch wrote:I got a good one for Secret Santa.

I hope it's Polk
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:56 am

I got a good one for Secret Santa.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm