TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Polk's Birthday bash Thread

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Post by NebulaJack Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:25 am

James.k.Polk wrote:What the serious fuck.

I just woke up,  2:00 am.  I had a variant of the "big maze-like house"  dream. It's a dream where I own or am buying a house that is weirdly huge.  Usually the house,  or at  least part of it,  is piled high with trash like broken  furniture, or some other obstacles.   Lately the house has been mostly empty.

This time the house is mostly empty.  My ex-wife and iIshare the house even though she has already ended our relationship.  There's a lot of nothing plot about finding a bathroom to pee in, having shower before bed,  that sort of thing.

My ex takes shower before retiring.  Afterwards,  I am somehow given the idea that she wants some of my attention, if you get my meaning,  and I go with her to her bedroom.

Only now the house is my mom's place.  We've arranged for her to sleep in the master bedroom  and I tale the much smaller middle room.  But no.  She has disassembled my bed,  shoved it into a hallway,  and moved all her shit into my humble space in what is already My home, not hers.

I Fucking lose it.  I'm screaming, ranting at her.   It isn't enough she ends our marriage and stays in my home, she has to muscle me out of the little space I'd set aside for myself.

I check the bigger bedroom and find out she's started tearing it down for remodeling.

I'm raging. I spend probably an hour loudly screaming at her, telling her she's not welcome here, she'll never take possession of my mom's house.  That she should just Fucking get lost...

Its been fifteen years.  Why does this woman still live in my dream house?  Why do I  have the big  maze-like house dream to begin with?

I'm afraid the house represents my own mind.  That the clutter indicates that my brain is cluttered and unlivable.  That my own subconscious is trying to warn me that I'm going to degenerate quickly into a senile old man.

And Dammit my ex wife does not get to live there.

I'm not any good at dream analysis, but I know the feeling of waking from a shitty dream that stirs up shit from the past. I hope you're feeling better.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:37 am

What the serious fuck.

I just woke up, 2:00 am. I had a variant of the "big maze-like house" dream. It's a dream where I own or am buying a house that is weirdly huge. Usually the house, or at least part of it, is piled high with trash like broken furniture, or some other obstacles. Lately the house has been mostly empty.

This time the house is mostly empty. My ex-wife and iIshare the house even though she has already ended our relationship. There's a lot of nothing plot about finding a bathroom to pee in, having shower before bed, that sort of thing.

My ex takes shower before retiring. Afterwards, I am somehow given the idea that she wants some of my attention, if you get my meaning, and I go with her to her bedroom.

Only now the house is my mom's place. We've arranged for her to sleep in the master bedroom and I tale the much smaller middle room. But no. She has disassembled my bed, shoved it into a hallway, and moved all her shit into my humble space in what is already My home, not hers.

I Fucking lose it. I'm screaming, ranting at her. It isn't enough she ends our marriage and stays in my home, she has to muscle me out of the little space I'd set aside for myself.

I check the bigger bedroom and find out she's started tearing it down for remodeling.

I'm raging. I spend probably an hour loudly screaming at her, telling her she's not welcome here, she'll never take possession of my mom's house. That she should just Fucking get lost...

Its been fifteen years. Why does this woman still live in my dream house? Why do I have the big maze-like house dream to begin with?

I'm afraid the house represents my own mind. That the clutter indicates that my brain is cluttered and unlivable. That my own subconscious is trying to warn me that I'm going to degenerate quickly into a senile old man.

And Dammit my ex wife does not get to live there.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:19 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:So us Canucks went and elected ourselves a new leader.  Yay us.

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 5 Trudeau

John Oliver and Mike Myers were victorious on Sunday, then, at encouraging everyone not to vote for Stephen Harper.
    https://youtu.be/R6Dc3cb9t1E

That troubles me a little.  I'm not familiar with these shows,  but the idea of an entertainment program openly trying to tell people who or what to vote for scary.  

Imagine if the cast of NCIS spent twenty minutes telling the audience to vote against Hillary.

It feels like it's different when it comes from a non-fiction, politics/news oriented show.

It does?  Because I see no reason to trust those guys' political advice any more than Mark Harmon's.  wWe bitch about bias in the media when it comes from the right (Fox News) but celebrate it when it comes from the left.

As a slightly conservative person I offer you an insight that might be total B>S.  The Left and the Right need each other like Tin and Yang. Without conservatism, liberals would endorse radical social change without a single thought as to the unintended consequences.  Without liberals, conservatives would become everyone's crotchety racist grandpa.  When the system works, which is rarely, they each give their better ideas to each other.

When it doesn't work, at least we get stasis-- nothing changes which sometimes means nothing gets better, but it also doesn't get worse.

I'm not saying I agree with or respect his opinion, just that such an opinion is something I'd expect from a show the focuses politics. A crime procedural like NCIS or CSI however, wouldn't like the right place for that. Those are escapist shows that people generally don't tune into for political rants. With a show like Last Week Tonight, political rants are to be expected.

I don't mind bias so long as the biased person or organization is upfront and honest about it. The Daily Show and Last Week Tonight don't try to pull the same shit as Fox or MSNBC of pretending to be objective and impartial.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:03 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

John Oliver and Mike Myers were victorious on Sunday, then, at encouraging everyone not to vote for Stephen Harper.

That troubles me a little.  I'm not familiar with these shows,  but the idea of an entertainment program openly trying to tell people who or what to vote for scary.  

Imagine if the cast of NCIS spent twenty minutes telling the audience to vote against Hillary.

It feels like it's different when it comes from a non-fiction, politics/news oriented show.

It does?  Because I see no reason to trust those guys' political advice any more than Mark Harmon's.  wWe bitch about bias in the media when it comes from the right (Fox News) but celebrate it when it comes from the left.

As a slightly conservative person I offer you an insight that might be total B>S.  The Left and the Right need each other like Tin and Yang. Without conservatism, liberals would endorse radical social change without a single thought as to the unintended consequences.  Without liberals, conservatives would become everyone's crotchety racist grandpa.  When the system works, which is rarely, they each give their better ideas to each other.

When it doesn't work, at least we get stasis-- nothing changes which sometimes means nothing gets better, but it also doesn't get worse.

Well, during the show he offers insight as to his decision.  Why he thinks the guy is an asshole.  That's not saying that the others aren't, too, but this other guy had been in office awhile, had been sued successfully for violating religious freedoms, etc.

And I have no issue with someone giving an opinion on this type of show.  It's not the "unbiased" news that is supposed to be fair and balanced.  It's an entertainment program where the host gets to give his opinion of politics, laws across the world, sports, etc.  That's like getting mad that you tuned in to Rush Limbaugh and he was opinionated.  

That's actually an apt comparison.  I haven't listened to Limbaugh in years.  But I do know that there are groups who would like to use FCC "fairness doctrine" rules to take his show off the air.  That's part of my point.  

People on both sides are guilty of wanting to "get rid of" opinions or shows or books or people that they think are wrong. And I wouldn't want to have liberalism or conservatism crammed down my throat on every show. But as long as it's a show that advertises what it's about up front so you know before you turn it on and you have the choice of watching or turning it off, then I'm all for these types of shows.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Well, during the show he offers insight as to his decision.  Why he thinks the guy is an asshole.  That's not saying that the others aren't, too, but this other guy had been in office awhile, had been sued successfully for violating religious freedoms, etc.

And I have no issue with someone giving an opinion on this type of show.  It's not the "unbiased" news that is supposed to be fair and balanced.  It's an entertainment program where the host gets to give his opinion of politics, laws across the world, sports, etc.  That's like getting mad that you tuned in to Rush Limbaugh and he was opinionated.  

That's actually an apt comparison. I haven't listened to Limbaugh in years. But I do know that there are groups who would like to use FCC "fairness doctrine" rules to take his show off the air. That's part of my point.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:57 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Well, during the show he offers insight as to his decision. Why he thinks the guy is an asshole. That's not saying that the others aren't, too, but this other guy had been in office awhile, had been sued successfully for violating religious freedoms, etc.

And I have no issue with someone giving an opinion on this type of show. It's not the "unbiased" news that is supposed to be fair and balanced. It's an entertainment program where the host gets to give his opinion of politics, laws across the world, sports, etc. That's like getting mad that you tuned in to Rush Limbaugh and he was opinionated.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:45 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

It does? Because I see no reason to trust those guys' political advice any more than Mark Harmon's. wWe bitch about bias in the media when it comes from the right (Fox News) but celebrate it when it comes from the left.

As a slightly conservative person I offer you an insight that might be total B>S. The Left and the Right need each other like Tin and Yang. Without conservatism, liberals would endorse radical social change without a single thought as to the unintended consequences. Without liberals, conservatives would become everyone's crotchety racist grandpa. When the system works, which is rarely, they each give their better ideas to each other.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey guys, new poll is up. It's multiple choice this time!
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I'm afraid.  About a week ago iI got a friend request from Alexander Hamilton".  I'm worried that's really that creepy Gallen guy and after a while of me ignoring the request he'll turn me in out of spite.

I think its funny that my only posts to my page were profile pic updates and maybe one other post. The rest have been in a closed group, and I had maybe 6 friends. Why the hell do they care if I have a fake name, for 4 or 5 posts a week. They already mine plenty of data.

I sent an email on my business account to a new employee through my phone.Not the same account I use for FB.  
    The next day I get a suggested friend notification for the new employee. No mutual friend, no connection, beyond one email.  I have seen this a couple of times when sending mail through my phone. They grab everything.

I'm ready for the next thing to come along and turn FB into myspace.

My niece tells me that Facebook is already kind of passee among the youths. Mostly people her age and older using it most frequently. I mean young people might have accounts, but don't post and check in as often.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I'm afraid.  About a week ago iI got a friend request from Alexander Hamilton".  I'm worried that's really that creepy Gallen guy and after a while of me ignoring the request he'll turn me in out of spite.

I think its funny that my only posts to my page were profile pic updates and maybe one other post. The rest have been in a closed group, and I had maybe 6 friends. Why the hell do they care if I have a fake name, for 4 or 5 posts a week. They already mine plenty of data.

I sent an email on my business account to a new employee through my phone.Not the same account I use for FB.
    The next day I get a suggested friend notification for the new employee. No mutual friend, no connection, beyond one email. I have seen this a couple of times when sending mail through my phone. They grab everything.

I'm ready for the next thing to come along and turn FB into myspace.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:31 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Oliver was funny at first, but half of the show seems to be him retreading the same old jokes now. Janice stealing stuff out of the fridge, showing fake maps, screaming at everyone.

BTW FB killed my account again. No sense of humor. I tried the fake ID this time but they won't give me access this time until they review it. So I guess it's done for good now.

I'm afraid. About a week ago iI got a friend request from Alexander Hamilton". I'm worried that's really that creepy Gallen guy and after a while of me ignoring the request he'll turn me in out of spite.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:29 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

That troubles me a little. I'm not familiar with these shows, but the idea of an entertainment program openly trying to tell people who or what to vote for scary.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Oliver was funny at first, but half of the show seems to be him retreading the same old jokes now. Janice stealing stuff out of the fridge, showing fake maps, screaming at everyone.

BTW FB killed my account again. No sense of humor. I tried the fake ID this time but they won't give me access this time until they review it. So I guess it's done for good now.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:10 am

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:58 am

So us Canucks went and elected ourselves a new leader. Yay us.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 am

For anyone considering going back to school and doing it online, my biggest complaint (maybe my only complaint) is that there isn't much instruction and it's a lot of "teach yourself."  I don't know if this is typical of online courses, or just of a master's level, where they want to challenge you to learn on your own or something, or just this university.  We are assigned reading assignments out of the chapter, given a powerpoint that summarizes the chapter, and then the homework/quizzes/tests are over things not found in the chapters.  This is my fourth class, and they've all been like this.  And I don't mind outside reading, but I need to be directed someplace to start.  This was especially hurtful on the chapters regarding statistics.  This is the 2nd class that has assigned a writing assignment, with no instruction-I've had to write a stock analysis and just hoped that the instructions I found on Google (there was apparently more than one way) matched what he wanted.  And this semester, as part of a term paper, I have to include a literature review.  No idea.  Back to Google for information and hope that it's right.  The paper as a whole is only worth 20% of my grade, so I'm not SUPER concerned about it, but I don't want a 0.

Last edited by rkwsuperstar on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:33 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:evening gang.

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 5 LtaaMgH

Educational tidbit...when you look up a "hello" gif on tumblr, there are a LOT of vaginas that come up as results.

verifying.... back in five minutes

Also try #yo

Because apparently what I think of as a greeting is more of a reveal.

Also, there is no filter on tumblr.  Literally look up #pussy or #lesbian #sex and it will be endless.  Or #nipples.  Or ANY SEX ORGAN.

I know.  How do you think I used up my 1 GB data plan on my tablet last month?  Went down a naked rabbit hole on tumblr and found myself in the land of "used up all my data"

And I'm not griping.  I have no issue with free photos or gifs of consenting adults.  But sometimes I just want to search for an innocent picture, without having to scroll through vaginas and blow jobs to do so.

I. Think Tumblr is a weird place to be using as a default image search thing.  I just use the googler

I have more luck sometimes with tumblr than I do for google, especially if I want a gif not an image. Plus I get to save the images to my account.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:04 am

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

The Googler sounds like a Batman villain with a very low budget.

Bing? Bing's dead my friend. You can call me-- The Googler!
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 am

NebulaJack wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:24 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I. Think Tumblr is a weird place to be using as a default image search thing.  I just use the googler

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:02 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Educational tidbit...when you look up a "hello" gif on tumblr, there are a LOT of vaginas that come up as results.

Also try #yo

Also, there is no filter on tumblr.  Literally look up #pussy or #lesbian #sex and it will be endless.  Or #nipples.  Or ANY SEX ORGAN.

I know.  How do you think I used up my 1 GB data plan on my tablet last month?  Went down a naked rabbit hole on tumblr and found myself in the land of "used up all my data"

And I'm not griping.  I have no issue with free photos or gifs of consenting adults.  But sometimes I just want to search for an innocent picture, without having to scroll through vaginas and blow jobs to do so.

I. Think Tumblr is a weird place to be using as a default image search thing. I just use the googler
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Also try #yo

And I'm not griping. I have no issue with free photos or gifs of consenting adults. But sometimes I just want to search for an innocent picture, without having to scroll through vaginas and blow jobs to do so.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:26 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Also try #yo

I know. How do you think I used up my 1 GB data plan on my tablet last month? Went down a naked rabbit hole on tumblr and found myself in the land of "used up all my data"
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Also try #yo

Also, there is no filter on tumblr. Literally look up #pussy or #lesbian #sex and it will be endless. Or #nipples. Or ANY SEX ORGAN.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 am