TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread Empty Re: Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:43 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Can I indulge in a little self-pity here for a minute?  I promise it won't take long.

We had a staff meeting at Cell Phone Mining Corp Inc today.  Meeting was constructive and the CEO bragged about how well I was doing.  I was given a $50 gift card for being one of the "manager of the month" winners.

But toward the end of the meeting a big ass birthday cake was hauled out.  For a manager of a different store whose birthday was yesterday.  For a manager who has been with the company maybe three months.

I wasn't hoping for a big deal to be made of my upcoming birthday.  But it kind of hurts to be given a piece of someone else's birthday cake and no one mentions the other person in the room who has put in many, many years of service and who also managed not to die this year.

Sigh.  Why is this distressing me.

That's a drag. It's one of those frustrating situations where there's no easy way to bring up the problem without sounding like a grumpy complainer. I wish I knew some soothing words of comfort for this.

That sucks, man. I feel the same-I don't want a big deal made of my birthday, but don't make a point to celebrate everyone else's and skip me.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread Empty Re: Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread

Post by kegs Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:29 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR.POLK!!!

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread Giphy
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 pm

[quote="kegs"]
    kegs wrote:
    Just started on the first ep. (Thanks Youtube!)  written by David Gerrold. Still waiting for his Cthorr novel. sigh.  I remember watching this as a kid. Don't recall any of the plots though.

So ep. 1 ends with Chaka poisoning them. I'm liking this.

edited to add:
    Can they not just feed Holly to a volcano?  Please![/quote

A lot you know. She's the main character. If land of the lost was anime, Holly would have pink hair. ]
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:04 am

kegs wrote:
    Just started on the first ep. (Thanks Youtube!)  written by David Gerrold. Still waiting for his Cthorr novel. sigh.  I remember watching this as a kid. Don't recall any of the plots though.

So ep. 1 ends with Chaka poisoning them. I'm liking this.

edited to add:
    Can they not just feed Holly to a volcano? Please!
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:39 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:The thing that's impressive about Land of the Lost?

It's that they aren't afraid of introducing a mystery and not resolving it in the same 22 minute episode.

Today day we met the disco-ball creature called the Zarn and his disco-ball home.  We learned that he is technologically advanced and that he can read minds. He doesn't like humans because human emotions burn him and he sent Sharon the Stepford Wife to study the Marshall family up-close.

But they did not reveal what the Zarn's disco-ball spaceship really is.  They didn't explain how he got to the LOTL and what he's doing in the Mist Marsh.  There are other Zarn episodes to come where we will learn more about him.

He'll fuck with gravity at some point and will send a robot tyrannosaur skeleton to attack the Marshalls.  But that's a tale for another Saturday morning.

Just how much drugs did they do in the writers room back then?  Reading that I'm guessing they didn't want to leave some for anyone else.

You should just watch a few episodes.  If you don't want to invest in the whole series, look for some of the episodes written by David Niven, Ben Bova, or DC Fontana.

Just started on the first ep. (Thanks Youtube!) written by David Gerrold. Still waiting for his Cthorr novel. sigh. I remember watching this as a kid. Don't recall any of the plots though.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:19 am

kegs wrote:

It's that they aren't afraid of introducing a mystery and not resolving it in the same 22 minute episode.

Today day we met the disco-ball creature called the Zarn and his disco-ball home.  We learned that he is technologically advanced and that he can read minds. He doesn't like humans because human emotions burn him and he sent Sharon the Stepford Wife to study the Marshall family up-close.

But they did not reveal what the Zarn's disco-ball spaceship really is.  They didn't explain how he got to the LOTL and what he's doing in the Mist Marsh.  There are other Zarn episodes to come where we will learn more about him.

He'll fuck with gravity at some point and will send a robot tyrannosaur skeleton to attack the Marshalls.  But that's a tale for another Saturday morning.

Just how much drugs did they do in the writers room back then?  Reading that I'm guessing they didn't want to leave some for anyone else.

You should just watch a few episodes. If you don't want to invest in the whole series, look for some of the episodes written by David Niven, Ben Bova, or DC Fontana.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:42 am

Just how much drugs did they do in the writers room back then? Reading that I'm guessing they didn't want to leave some for anyone else.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:07 am

The thing that's impressive about Land of the Lost?

Today day we met the disco-ball creature called the Zarn and his disco-ball home. We learned that he is technologically advanced and that he can read minds. He doesn't like humans because human emotions burn him and he sent Sharon the Stepford Wife to study the Marshall family up-close.

But they did not reveal what the Zarn's disco-ball spaceship really is. They didn't explain how he got to the LOTL and what he's doing in the Mist Marsh. There are other Zarn episodes to come where we will learn more about him.

He'll fuck with gravity at some point and will send a robot tyrannosaur skeleton to attack the Marshalls. But that's a tale for another Saturday morning.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:51 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land of The Lost: THe Zarn

While Holly prepares a big meal, Will and Rick Marshall go on a hike to the Mist Marsh. An unexpected appearance by Grumpy the Tyrannosaur makes them decide to go ahead and explore the marsh rather than head home early for Holly's carrot bread.

Inside the marsh they encounter a mysterious semi-invisible structure that appears to be made of disco-ball.

Uh-oh!  The disco-ball creature inside the structure (they think it looks like a dirigible) has released a Stepford Wife robot to get the Marshall family out of it's hear.

Wait.  Does the Zarn have hair?

Horny Rick Marshall really wants to belie this Stepford Wife/Android is real, but Rick and Holly are suspicious.

Rick Marshall has fallen for this clone 100%. But now the Zarn has come to the Marshall's cave from the Mist Marsh to collect his toy.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 am

Land of The Lost: THe Zarn

While Holly prepares a big meal, Will and Rick Marshall go on a hike to the Mist Marsh. An unexpected appearance by Grumpy the Tyrannosaur makes them decide to go ahead and explore the marsh rather than head home early for Holly's carrot bread.

Inside the marsh they encounter a mysterious semi-invisible structure that appears to be made of disco-ball.

Uh-oh! The disco-ball creature inside the structure (they think it looks like a dirigible) has released a Stepford Wife robot to get the Marshall family out of it's hear.

Wait. Does the Zarn have hair?

Horny Rick Marshall really wants to belie this Stepford Wife/Android is real, but Rick and Holly are suspicious.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:54 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Can I indulge in a little self-pity here for a minute?  I promise it won't take long.

We had a staff meeting at Cell Phone Mining Corp Inc today.  Meeting was constructive and the CEO bragged about how well I was doing.  I was given a $50 gift card for being one of the "manager of the month" winners.

But toward the end of the meeting a big ass birthday cake was hauled out.  For a manager of a different store whose birthday was yesterday.  For a manager who has been with the company maybe three months.

I wasn't hoping for a big deal to be made of my upcoming birthday.  But it kind of hurts to be given a piece of someone else's birthday cake and no one mentions the other person in the room who has put in many, many years of service and who also managed not to die this year.

That's a drag. It's one of those frustrating situations where there's no easy way to bring up the problem without sounding like a grumpy complainer. I wish I knew some soothing words of comfort for this.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. Not much going on at the moment, and I wasn't able to think of any good poll topics today or yesterday (I'll try to think of some for next week). How're you all doin?

We should do Halloween themes.  Costumes, favorite sexy costume for a lady, favorite horror movie, along those lines.

Brilliant ideas, thanks!
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:39 pm

But toward the end of the meeting a big ass birthday cake was hauled out.   For a manager of a different store whose birthday was yesterday.   For a manager who has been with the company maybe three months.

I wasn't hoping for a big deal to be made of my upcoming birthday.   But it kind of hurts to be given a piece of someone else's birthday cake and no one mentions the other person in the room who has put in many, many years of service and who also managed not to die this year.

Maybe they'll cake you up on Monday.
    If not, just use the gift card, buy a big cake, sit in the break room eating it while singing Happy Birthday To Me. And stab with a fork any who try to get a piece of cake.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Can I indulge in a little self-pity here for a minute? I promise it won't take long.

We had a staff meeting at Cell Phone Mining Corp Inc today. Meeting was constructive and the CEO bragged about how well I was doing. I was given a $50 gift card for being one of the "manager of the month" winners.

But toward the end of the meeting a big ass birthday cake was hauled out. For a manager of a different store whose birthday was yesterday. For a manager who has been with the company maybe three months.

I wasn't hoping for a big deal to be made of my upcoming birthday. But it kind of hurts to be given a piece of someone else's birthday cake and no one mentions the other person in the room who has put in many, many years of service and who also managed not to die this year.

Sigh. Why is this distressing me.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Patch wrote:Looks like it's UFO day on the history channel. Polk should take the day off for his b-day and check out some aliens.

I don't have cable.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:20 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. Not much going on at the moment, and I wasn't able to think of any good poll topics today or yesterday (I'll try to think of some for next week). How're you all doin?

We should do Halloween themes. Costumes, favorite sexy costume for a lady, favorite horror movie, along those lines.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Hey Nebs!
    I can't speak my anyone else, but I'm doing ok. I'm just surfing online looking for ideas for some photography. Right now I'm liking that whole cheesy pulp sci-fi look.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi guys. Not much going on at the moment, and I wasn't able to think of any good poll topics today or yesterday (I'll try to think of some for next week). How're you all doin?
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Patch wrote:These alien hunters crack me up....
    Now they saying that Superman, Batman , and Iron man's creation, is linked (weakly) to possible aliens.

What is their rationale for that?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 pm

These alien hunters crack me up. One just said "were they really flying snakes? or Gods shaped like snakes? of course not, they were aliens." Because that makes more sense.

I think they are part of the cover up. They spout stupid stuff like that, hoping to put people off.

I should have started a whole thread about these alien shows. Now they saying that Superman, Batman , and Iron man's creation, is linked (weakly) to possible aliens. Also Hercules was real and probably wore a exoskeleton to get his strength.

Another edit. I wish they would make up their mind about these aliens. Now they are here to breed with us and it takes the form of possession. So The Exorcist was really a sci-fi movie.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:46 am

Apparently Kennedy was assassinated because of UFO's. Mystery solved?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:09 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

How did he get from "releasing gas relieves pain/pressure" to "appendix exploded"?

Seems like a strecth.

Yep. I'm sure his mother stirred the pot and got him all worried. To be fair, shes just being protective, but he overreacts some times. My wife's doctor says, look for the horse, before you look for the zebra.  
    My son looked for the zebra.

As I've gotten older, I've found that Gas-X is my friend. The first time it woke me up, I thought I was dying.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 am

Looks like it's UFO day on the history channel. Polk should take the day off for his b-day and check out some aliens.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:13 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

How did he get from "releasing gas relieves pain/pressure" to "appendix exploded"?

Seems like a strecth.

Yep. I'm sure his mother stirred the pot and got him all worried. To be fair, shes just being protective, but he overreacts some times. My wife's doctor says, look for the horse, before you look for the zebra.
    My son looked for the zebra.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:09 am

Also my Ex called and gave me crap for not jumping in the car immediately and driving to the hospital. She did. By the time she got there he was already discharged. [/quote]

My solution to this problem is to make sure my ex-wife doesn't have a phone number, email address, my home address, or know where I work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:51 am