TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
kegs
Patch
6 posters

The Time Has Come

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

The Time Has Come - Page 7 Empty Re: The Time Has Come

Post by kegs Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:33 pm

sigh. All you people with car troubles. My feet never break down. But the bus does. So does the metro. I want a car.

The Time Has Come - Page 7 Tumblr_nqsloyLmxM1rvya9ro1_540
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:04 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:So I'm having a rough week.  Yesterday, I had a flat tire.  This morning, on my way back to work after dropping my shredded tire at the tire place to get the new (used) tire mounted (to be used as my spare), my other rear tire blew out.  Oh, but it didn't just blow out.  It also broke off part of my bumper and some other things that mounted under there.  I have been dealing with this since 10:30 this morning.  It is now 1:00.  Oh, and my size tire is unique to my car and no one keeps it in stock.  So I can't get a new tire in the exact size until tomorrow, so I'm still driving around with no spare.

I complain about my boss sometimes, but he's pretty generous when it comes to issues like this.

At least no one you know died.

I will make no joking remark about that and simply offer you a hug and a beer.

I'm alright. I hope you get your car fixed soon. Tires are no joke.

My bigger worry now is the body damage.  The jagged piece of remaining bumper is flapping in the wind and I'm worried it's going to break loose and fly off and hit something, there are wires hanging down.  I'm hoping it's fine and I can drive with it looking ghetto until I can save up to fix it.

I broke down and bought four New tires for the Polkmobile back in May.  Discovered that the horrible vibrating my car did at speeds over 60 mph  was due to the tires being terrible.  Anyway I'm just saying be careful.  Hope your day gets better.  Should iI have tequila delivered at chez Arkay?

Just a little bottle, thanks.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:So I'm having a rough week.  Yesterday, I had a flat tire.  This morning, on my way back to work after dropping my shredded tire at the tire place to get the new (used) tire mounted (to be used as my spare), my other rear tire blew out.  Oh, but it didn't just blow out.  It also broke off part of my bumper and some other things that mounted under there.  I have been dealing with this since 10:30 this morning.  It is now 1:00.  Oh, and my size tire is unique to my car and no one keeps it in stock.  So I can't get a new tire in the exact size until tomorrow, so I'm still driving around with no spare.

I complain about my boss sometimes, but he's pretty generous when it comes to issues like this.

My bigger worry now is the body damage.  The jagged piece of remaining bumper is flapping in the wind and I'm worried it's going to break loose and fly off and hit something, there are wires hanging down.  I'm hoping it's fine and I can drive with it looking ghetto until I can save up to fix it.

I broke down and bought four New tires for the Polkmobile back in May. Discovered that the horrible vibrating my car did at speeds over 60 mph was due to the tires being terrible. Anyway I'm just saying be careful. Hope your day gets better. Should iI have tequila delivered at chez Arkay?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

hmn....Just wrap it in duct tape
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:23 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

My bigger worry now is the body damage. The jagged piece of remaining bumper is flapping in the wind and I'm worried it's going to break loose and fly off and hit something, there are wires hanging down. I'm hoping it's fine and I can drive with it looking ghetto until I can save up to fix it.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:09 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 pm

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm

So I'm having a rough week. Yesterday, I had a flat tire. This morning, on my way back to work after dropping my shredded tire at the tire place to get the new (used) tire mounted (to be used as my spare), my other rear tire blew out. Oh, but it didn't just blow out. It also broke off part of my bumper and some other things that mounted under there. I have been dealing with this since 10:30 this morning. It is now 1:00. Oh, and my size tire is unique to my car and no one keeps it in stock. So I can't get a new tire in the exact size until tomorrow, so I'm still driving around with no spare.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Good morning ladies and gents.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:35 am

kegs wrote:Happy Canada Day to any fellow Canuckians!

The Time Has Come - Page 7 P8DLtPb
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:27 am

Happy Canada Day to any fellow Canuckians!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Patch wrote:The Time Has Come - Page 7 C6i2UTP

I like the instagramish filter on that. Makes it look like a much older comic strip.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 pm

The Time Has Come - Page 7 C6i2UTP
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Just did my first goofy product review for Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RM1V8H32WXRR2

The Time Has Come - Page 7 BrzYmDk
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:13 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:We just got an email from Admin Services, that due to the recent Supreme Court ruling, same-sex spouses will be covered by our health benefits beginning July 1.  I am pleased.  However, I am not pleased to hear what I think I will soon be hearing in the hallways at work.

I really hate the homophobic reaction.  Saw one guy say "they're all gonna burn in hell"  and my answer was "why does that concern you?"

Your answer should have been, "Well, if that's true, At least you'll have some fabulous company!"

dammit. You're right. You're completely right.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:34 pm

NebulaJack wrote:I'm finally getting around to having my lawn taken care of. The back yard has been growing wild for over a year. I don't have a lawn mower of my own, so I'm hiring it done. It'll be $85, but I'm fine with that. My brother and his wife helped me out with some money last month and that's made a big difference. After that, I'm gonna grab something to eat. I'm torn between 7-11 and Subway.

Also, new poll up.

When stuck between two choices I always opt for the healthier. I figure it might give me one more day to change my mind.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm finally getting around to having my lawn taken care of. The back yard has been growing wild for over a year. I don't have a lawn mower of my own, so I'm hiring it done. It'll be $85, but I'm fine with that. My brother and his wife helped me out with some money last month and that's made a big difference. After that, I'm gonna grab something to eat. I'm torn between 7-11 and Subway.

Also, new poll up.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:15 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:We just got an email from Admin Services, that due to the recent Supreme Court ruling, same-sex spouses will be covered by our health benefits beginning July 1.  I am pleased.  However, I am not pleased to hear what I think I will soon be hearing in the hallways at work.

I really hate the homophobic reaction.  Saw one guy say "they're all gonna burn in hell"  and my answer was "why does that concern you?"

Your answer should have been, "Well, if that's true, At least you'll have some fabulous company!"
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

A friend of mine posted a rant on facebook about the SCOTUS decision and how they should have let it be handled by the states, there are more important things the country should be focused on etc. He ended his rant with "I don't care about gay marriage. At. All." and I couldn't resist pointing out that making a facebook post shows that he does actually care about the issue at least a little bit.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

A friend of mine posted a rant on facebook about the SCOTUS decision and how they should have let it be handled by the states, there are more important things the country should be focused on etc. He ended his rant with "I don't care about gay marriage. At. All." and I couldn't resist pointing out that making a facebook post shows that he does actually care about the issue at least a little bit.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:09 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Genghis Grill has added snow peas to their veggie choices.  Polk is much pleased.

Welcome back friend.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Home from the funeral. It wasn't too bad. My family members are pretty wacky. In a good way though. It definitely makes things easier when you are trying not to laugh instead of cry.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Genghis Grill has added snow peas to their veggie choices. Polk is much pleased.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:02 pm

I really hate the homophobic reaction. Saw one guy say "they're all gonna burn in hell" and my answer was "why does that concern you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 am