TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
rkwsuperstar
kegs
James.k.Polk
7 posters

NebsyThread

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

NebsyThread - Page 4 Empty Re: NebsyThread

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Hello children. Busy couple of weeks coming up. Going on a four day backpacking trip for a friends birthday this Tuesday, then that Friday I have family coming in town for the weekend, then a week off, then lady friend from Boise is coming into town for the week for my birthday. We're going to Botcon and the Gorge and maybe a local show, other than that I'll just be showing her the sights around Louisville. Exciting way to begin the Spring.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:59 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

This is roughly what was done. I contacted my district manager, who contacted HR. I was advised to ask for a funeral notice. I told him a newspaper obit was not sufficient, that I needed the program  from the actual service.

I also reminded him that we have already spoken about his inability to put together a forty hour work week, and that the consequences would be that I would reduce his schedule to 32 hours/week.

I hate that I don't believe him about these deaths in his family, but it just all seems to coincidental. I'm already short handed at the mines this week. This kid's bullshit drama is not needed.

Sounds fishy. A murder should be easy to confirm if you have a name. We had a guy say his niece was abducted to get out of work. It was pretty easy to catch him in that lie.  I'd guess the murder was real and the second was to add on some extra days off.

See I don't think there was ever any murder.  He's already been talked to about not working his schedule, calling in with questionable excuses. He wants an extra day in Chicago, so he tells me a story he thinks I'd have to be a heartless asshole to question. I let it go for that exact reason.. Now he's there doing whatever, decides he's having too much fun to come back now, and decides to play a variant on the same story to get the extra time off.  Again, what kind of asshole would demand proof of death, right?

Oh wait. I'm the kind of asshole who would demand proof of death.

As for catching him in the first lie... People are muredered pretty much every day in Chicago, so he can clip any death notice from the local paper and it would be plausible that this is his wife's cousin or whatever.

As for the second story, I'm asking for the service program that should be given out at the funeral.  Again, any newspaper obituary could be provided, I figure a real glossy printed funeral program would suffice.

I have worked for the state of TX, a newspaper, a call center...i have had to supply the funeral handout to all of them.

Meaning you went to a funeral and were asked to show them proof? I feel like a dick having asked for it anyway. But the thing is, he came in to work his regular schedule yesterday. The threat of reducing him to 32 hours a week turned his priorities around.

Yeah, I'm an asshole and I know it.  If he does have a dead relative and he's missing a service I'm going to hell. But it just seems like it's always something with this guy and I'm getting walked all over because he just thinks he can work when it's convenient.

In order to take bereavement leave, yes.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:So, guess who interviewed a Presidential Candidate today?

Which one?

Zoltan Istvan of the Transhumanist party.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:53 am

NebulaJack wrote:So, guess who interviewed a Presidential Candidate today?

Which one?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:09 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

This is roughly what was done. I contacted my district manager, who contacted HR. I was advised to ask for a funeral notice. I told him a newspaper obit was not sufficient, that I needed the program  from the actual service.

I also reminded him that we have already spoken about his inability to put together a forty hour work week, and that the consequences would be that I would reduce his schedule to 32 hours/week.

I hate that I don't believe him about these deaths in his family, but it just all seems to coincidental. I'm already short handed at the mines this week. This kid's bullshit drama is not needed.

Sounds fishy. A murder should be easy to confirm if you have a name. We had a guy say his niece was abducted to get out of work. It was pretty easy to catch him in that lie.  I'd guess the murder was real and the second was to add on some extra days off.

See I don't think there was ever any murder.  He's already been talked to about not working his schedule, calling in with questionable excuses. He wants an extra day in Chicago, so he tells me a story he thinks I'd have to be a heartless asshole to question. I let it go for that exact reason.. Now he's there doing whatever, decides he's having too much fun to come back now, and decides to play a variant on the same story to get the extra time off.  Again, what kind of asshole would demand proof of death, right?

As for catching him in the first lie... People are muredered pretty much every day in Chicago, so he can clip any death notice from the local paper and it would be plausible that this is his wife's cousin or whatever.

As for the second story, I'm asking for the service program that should be given out at the funeral.  Again, any newspaper obituary could be provided, I figure a real glossy printed funeral program would suffice.

I have worked for the state of TX, a newspaper, a call center...i have had to supply the funeral handout to all of them.

Meaning you went to a funeral and were asked to show them proof? I feel like a dick having asked for it anyway. But the thing is, he came in to work his regular schedule yesterday. The threat of reducing him to 32 hours a week turned his priorities around.

Yeah, I'm an asshole and I know it. If he does have a dead relative and he's missing a service I'm going to hell. But it just seems like it's always something with this guy and I'm getting walked all over because he just thinks he can work when it's convenient.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:04 am

Patch wrote:Help me spend some points. I just got a notice that I have 30K in reward points at GameStop. I had no idea they had a reward center, but I'm about to lose them, so I need to use them. There is really nothing I see that i would buy but I hate for free stuff to slip away. Here are my choices. Maybe it will end up in next years secret santa.

$25 gift card.
    alien Egg carton
    Serenity Plush ship
    Batarang letter opener
    Periodic table blanket
    Star Wars Max Rebo Band Fine Art Lithograph (Signed Exclusive)
    Zelda Ocarina
    Merle’s Knife Hand – Walking Dead

I also have a clock ticking on 55 bucks in rewards at the Microsoft store. There isn't much of interest there, so I'll probably just DL a TV show or a game I wont play.

I choose Max Rebo band lithograph. But what do I know. I also like James K polkachu.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:43 pm

So, guess who interviewed a Presidential Candidate today?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 pm

kegs wrote:can't stay for long, but Happy St-Pats!

NebsyThread - Page 4 O_bane10

I just put this up on my facebook. I need to put your name as author but all I know is "kegs"
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 pm

can't stay for long, but Happy St-Pats!

NebsyThread - Page 4 O_bane10
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:09 pm

New Poll's Up.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:13 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Hey Supes. Glad you are back and doing better
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:43 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:29 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:The last TMBG concerts for who-knows-how-long are at the end of this month in Austin and  April 1 in Houston.

I want to go but the tickets start a forty six bucks.  I talked to one of the bosses I work with about going with me, but spending a hundred plus bucks on tickets, plus food, gas, and lodging so I don't have to drive home at 2:00 AM is  a lot of money.

I could just uninivite the guy and go alone as usual, but that's only about fifty bucks cheaper.

He's not a fan of the band. He's just thinking about accepting the invitation because he pities me.

They say you regret the things you Didn't do, not the things you did, but since I am likely to not make any bonus money again this month I'm not sure it's an easy call.

Take the coworker, you'll feel better for it. You'll also maintain a reputation advantage. if you disinvite him, you might seem wishy washy. If he should say something to you indicating a lack of excitement, you could tell him that he can stay home if he'd prefer, no hard feelings. Don't bring it up unless he does.

If you do end up going solo, and have already got the ticket, offer it to a stranger. I did that at a Coal Chamber concert and improved the night for two kids.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:26 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

They say you regret the things you Didn't do, not the things you did, but since I am likely to not make any bonus money again this month I'm not sure it's an easy call.

Money comes and goes. I say you bring a friend. He might turn into a big fan and pay you back the next time they are nearby.

On another note, years ago on TR they did an article about crowdfunding a Penn Jillette movie called Directors Cut. I kicked in for it. Got the T-shirt. Supposed to get some other stuff that never showed up. I sort of forgot about it. Well I got an invite to red carpet screening in Dallas on April 1st. So I guess it did get made.
    I won't be going even though it would be cool to meet Penn. It falls right between my wife and my birthday, so I think we are going away for that weekend.

Is that invite transferable? Ask them and see if you can pass it over to someone.

Patch wrote:Help me spend some points. I just got a notice that I have 30K in reward points at GameStop. I had no idea they had a reward center, but I'm about to lose them, so I need to use them. There is really nothing I see that i would buy but I hate for free stuff to slip away. Here are my choices. Maybe it will end up in next years secret santa.

$25 gift card.
    alien Egg carton
    Serenity Plush ship
    Batarang letter opener
    Periodic table blanket
    Zelda Ocarina

I also have a clock ticking on 55 bucks in rewards at the Microsoft store. There isn't much of interest there, so I'll probably just DL a TV show or a game I wont play.

Get mostly gift cards and spread them around. You can use them as birthday and xmas presents. If yer kid or a friend got 2 or 3 gift cards for $25 each, that would put a smile on most faces.

The Batarang Letter Opener would also be cool as hell.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:04 am

Help me spend some points. I just got a notice that I have 30K in reward points at GameStop. I had no idea they had a reward center, but I'm about to lose them, so I need to use them. There is really nothing I see that i would buy but I hate for free stuff to slip away. Here are my choices. Maybe it will end up in next years secret santa.

$25 gift card.
    alien Egg carton
    Serenity Plush ship
    Batarang letter opener
    Periodic table blanket
    Zelda Ocarina

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Money comes and goes. I say you bring a friend. He might turn into a big fan and pay you back the next time they are nearby.

On another note, years ago on TR they did an article about crowdfunding a Penn Jillette movie called Directors Cut. I kicked in for it. Got the T-shirt. Supposed to get some other stuff that never showed up. I sort of forgot about it. Well I got an invite to red carpet screening in Dallas on April 1st. So I guess it did get made.
    I won't be going even though it would be cool to meet Penn. It falls right between my wife and my birthday, so I think we are going away for that weekend.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:50 am

James.k.Polk wrote:The last TMBG concerts for who-knows-how-long are at the end of this month in Austin and  April 1 in Houston.

I want to go but the tickets start a forty six bucks.  I talked to one of the bosses I work with about going with me, but spending a hundred plus bucks on tickets, plus food, gas, and lodging so I don't have to drive home at 2:00 AM is  a lot of money.

I could just uninivite the guy and go alone as usual, but that's only about fifty bucks cheaper.

He's not a fan of the band. He's just thinking about accepting the invitation because he pities me.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:48 am

The last TMBG concerts for who-knows-how-long are at the end of this month in Austin and  April 1 in Houston.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:42 am

Good morning gang. Work has been keeping me busy lately but I did get the writing section added to the forum.

Not much else going on. I've spent 2 weeks trying to sneak off to the range for some bullet therapy, but no luck. Maybe next week. I thought about selling the Uzi. Broke it out, took pictures, posted an ad. Then played around with, looked for some extra parts I could add. Pulled the sales ad and will probably order parts next week.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Patch wrote:Polk, Revolver has a new beer coming out this week.
    NebsyThread - Page 4 RJDKicZ

Do you know how far their distribution goes? I'd LOVE to get my hands on that.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Patch wrote:Polk, Revolver has a new beer coming out this week.

I need it.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Polk, Revolver has a new beer coming out this week.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:30 pm

I agree with Jack! BURN THE WITCH!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jt5ibfRzw
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Does this kid have facebook or twitter? Look up his social media profile(s) and see what he's posting.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

See I don't think there was ever any murder. He's already been talked to about not working his schedule, calling in with questionable excuses. He wants an extra day in Chicago, so he tells me a story he thinks I'd have to be a heartless asshole to question. I let it go for that exact reason.. Now he's there doing whatever, decides he's having too much fun to come back now, and decides to play a variant on the same story to get the extra time off. Again, what kind of asshole would demand proof of death, right?

As for the second story, I'm asking for the service program that should be given out at the funeral. Again, any newspaper obituary could be provided, I figure a real glossy printed funeral program would suffice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am