TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

4 posters

Fall Into November

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Fall Into November - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall Into November

Post by NebulaJack Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:48 am

You guys may recall a video/song mash up I did regarding Trump earlier this year,

Well here's the very long overdue follow up regarding Clinton that I posted earlier tonight:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:50 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:For Kegs.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/x0hZLvF

ARKAY! Good t'see ya!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:20 pm

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:32 am

Patch wrote:I'm doing good. Wife and I went for a getaway weekend last week. Went to Waco to see the new store the Fiver Upper people opened. Did some shopping and got some project ideas. I built a bird house for my wife. I think it turned out well since I had never built one, had no plans, and just winged it. I have a huge brush pile I need to burn off, so I don't think any birds will be taking up residence until I do.Other than that it's mostly just working. We had an up and down year, but have several projects starting up that should make for a good year.

Brush pile sounds harsh. I've currently go an apple problem in the front yard. The fruit's falling off the tree and rotting and I need to get rid of it soon, so as not to draw critters.

Then there's the back deck, which has been going bad, worse, dangerous and now frighteningly dangerous in it's deterioration over the past few years. My rental agency recently got someone out to take some pics and make an estimate for how much it'd cost to tear it out and replace it. When I talk to one of them, I'll be able to figure out what number to go below for doing it myself, and subtracting the difference from a months rent (or something like that), but it might not be til next year that I can get it done. I might see how the owner would feel about me tearing it out, putting in a temporary set of steps, and building a new one in the spring. I need the area clear so I can work on killing the black berry bushes under it.

Patch wrote:
    No new gun purchases. Prices are stupid because of the election. I have a primary and back up or two of everything I want. So my purchases have been ammo (which it stupid priced as well) and a few parts.

Maybe the prices will go down after the election... that is.. if the shit doesn't go up high enough to hit the fan and cause nastier shit to go down after the election.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:13 am

I'm doing good. Wife and I went for a getaway weekend last week. Went to Waco to see the new store the Fiver Upper people opened. Did some shopping and got some project ideas. I built a bird house for my wife. I think it turned out well since I had never built one, had no plans, and just winged it. I have a huge brush pile I need to burn off, so I don't think any birds will be taking up residence until I do.Other than that it's mostly just working. We had an up and down year, but have several projects starting up that should make for a good year.
    No new gun purchases. Prices are stupid because of the election. I have a primary and back up or two of everything I want. So my purchases have been ammo (which it stupid priced as well) and a few parts.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Patch wrote:Glad you pulled out of your funk. Just wake up and smile every morning. Life is more precious than any of us understand. I'm sorry to hear about your mom still making life hard for you, but do what you can and let the rest go. You can't help people that don't want it. My crazy Ex taught me that. Do enough to clear your conscience and live your life.

Thanks brotha. There's that whole philosophy of accepting what can't be changed, and the wisdom of figuring out the difference, which is something that I apply to this. There's currently nothing I could do with my financial and emotional resources, and a lot of it's on her. Until something happens that causes her to want to change her life, there's nothing I can do to help that she'll accept. It's the old thing about "Don't put a cart of water in front of a horse, because you can't make it drink."

Anyway, how've ya been? Any new weaponry purchases?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Glad you pulled out of your funk. Just wake up and smile every morning. Life is more precious than any of us understand. I'm sorry to hear about your mom still making life hard for you, but do what you can and let the rest go. You can't help people that don't want it. My crazy Ex taught me that. Do enough to clear your conscience and live your life.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 pm

Patch wrote:Hey Jack. How ya been?

Climbing out of a depressive funk hole, with the weight of my crazy homeless mom (and what, if anything, can be done about her) baring down on my shoulders. Things are doing much better.

If you look in the writers section, you'll probably see that I've done more work on Never Said Goodbye. It'll be a novella that will be done by the end of the year, and in a publishable format next year.

I'm getting more hours at work. So many in fact, that my food benefits got cut again. From 90 something dollars a month down to 26. It's a frustrating sign of success in life. I've been working in the early morning, and struggling to work through being tired, which is starting to wear on my, but at least I'm considered a vital part of the team.

How's life been Treatin' Ya Patch? Any home fixer up projects recently completed, in progress or on the horizon?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Hey Jack. How ya been?
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Fall Into November - Page 2 Empty Fall Into November

Post by NebulaJack Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:43 pm

It's more or less November, so it feels like it's time for a new thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 am