TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

2 posters

Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016

Poll

What are you looking forward to in 2016

[ 0 ]
    Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Bar_left0%Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Bar_left0%Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Empty Re: Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:58 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I'm looking forward to getting a much better tax return than I did last year.

Also looking forward to trying to finally finish a novel I've been writing for four, soon to be five years... maybe it's five going on six now that I think about it.

Also looking forward to spring, because more sunlight means I can work more hours, the weather is better and also, most importantly FUCK WINTER!

I'm not really looking forward to it exactly, but this year will be the most difficult in regards to grad school, and I'm sort of ready to get it behind me.  I'm taking 2 classes each semester starting winter 2015 in an effort to be done (if nothing happens, spring 2017 will be my final semester).  It's a bit time consuming.  Weekly discussion boards with posting requirements, lots of homework, weekly quizzes, research papers.  Doesn't sound like a lot, but some of these classes take a lot of time, and after working a full 8-hour day (or more), it's hard to find the time to squeeze in at least 2 discussion posts each day for 2 different subjects.  And you're basically teaching yourself the material.  I honestly thought there would be lecture videos or something-youtube videos where we are given explanations by the professor, something.  Teaching myself definitions isn't so bad-teaching myself statistics was terrible.

Try Khan Academy, Coursera or other sites to see if you can find tutorial vids on the subjects you're studying. You could also search through reddit and ask users if they know of any youtube channels that would be helpful. If you do find something that makes it easier to figure out what you're learnin', pass it along to your classmates.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Empty Re: Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:56 am

NebulaJack wrote:I'm looking forward to getting a much better tax return than I did last year.

Also looking forward to trying to finally finish a novel I've been writing for four, soon to be five years... maybe it's five going on six now that I think about it.

Also looking forward to spring, because more sunlight means I can work more hours, the weather is better and also, most importantly FUCK WINTER!

I'm not really looking forward to it exactly, but this year will be the most difficult in regards to grad school, and I'm sort of ready to get it behind me. I'm taking 2 classes each semester starting winter 2015 in an effort to be done (if nothing happens, spring 2017 will be my final semester). It's a bit time consuming. Weekly discussion boards with posting requirements, lots of homework, weekly quizzes, research papers. Doesn't sound like a lot, but some of these classes take a lot of time, and after working a full 8-hour day (or more), it's hard to find the time to squeeze in at least 2 discussion posts each day for 2 different subjects. And you're basically teaching yourself the material. I honestly thought there would be lecture videos or something-youtube videos where we are given explanations by the professor, something. Teaching myself definitions isn't so bad-teaching myself statistics was terrible.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016 Empty Poll 12-30-15 Looking Forward to 2016

Post by NebulaJack Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm looking forward to getting a much better tax return than I did last year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 am