TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Polk's Birthday bash Thread

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:22 am

I have a boy question for you guys. Friday night I went out with my friend and her new husband (this is whose wedding I was in as MOH). One of his co-workers met us out there. I don't think it was a set up, I think it was just people hanging out and inviting other people. He and I danced (country dancing, no booty-dancing/humping). He seemed to be flirting a little, but not a lot and not in a way that I took to be serious. I wasn't really into it, so I wasn't flirting back, so maybe that's why. Anyway, we decided to go to a different place about 11, and he was going home. He then started making pretty aggressive suggestions about me coming over to his apartment. Him: "Where are you guys going?" Me: "Broken Tap, there's no cover." Him: "I'll take the blanket off my bed, and there won't be a cover at my place." Uh.

So, my question is, why? If you are into me, but don't think I'm into you, why ask me to come over for a hook-up? Is it just a feeling of what is there to lose? Beyond making me lose whatever attraction there may have been? Also, this is the 3rd guy in the past month who made a sexual pass at me but expressed no actual interest in dating me, which makes me wonder what vibes I'm putting out.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:10 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:]

OK I'm going to be an apologist here.

There are times when someone sends me an email (urgent) and I do nothing.

One-- I have a routine and daily tasks and unpredictable customer traffic AND sometimes someone calls in sick.  If your task doesn't level up to my priority list then too bad for you.

Two-- I have about 10 layers of bosses and they all seem to think that they're the only one adding an extra task to my day.

we've gone from counting inventory once a month, to bi-weekly, to every week.  It's because there are enough managers who don't get it done that they feel like they need to push the issue.  But it just means another 12 hour workday for me and I never had any issues getting mine done on time.

I get that. I  prioritize by customer, boss, billing, and anyone else. Tasks get done in that order, so sometimes the anyone's are left out. The problem I've had lately, is just lazy. I called for support from our other office and when I got them on the phone, the guy I wanted to talk to, was gone for the day. It was 2:22 in the afternoon.

When he came in the next day and found out his office was going to assist, he mentioned docking my technicians pay, since they were having to do part of their job.
    Okay, fucknuts I'm in. Let's dock your pay since you were gone at 2:30 and I work until 10:30 that night.

I do believe your company might be more dysfunctional than mine.  No one competes with Arkay's state institution though.

Gotta love state employment.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Patch wrote:

One-- I have a routine and daily tasks and unpredictable customer traffic AND sometimes someone calls in sick.  If your task doesn't level up to my priority list then too bad for you.

Two-- I have about 10 layers of bosses and they all seem to think that they're the only one adding an extra task to my day.

we've gone from counting inventory once a month, to bi-weekly, to every week.  It's because there are enough managers who don't get it done that they feel like they need to push the issue.  But it just means another 12 hour workday for me and I never had any issues getting mine done on time.

I get that. I  prioritize by customer, boss, billing, and anyone else. Tasks get done in that order, so sometimes the anyone's are left out. The problem I've had lately, is just lazy. I called for support from our other office and when I got them on the phone, the guy I wanted to talk to, was gone for the day. It was 2:22 in the afternoon.

When he came in the next day and found out his office was going to assist, he mentioned docking my technicians pay, since they were having to do part of their job.
    Okay, fucknuts I'm in. Let's dock your pay since you were gone at 2:30 and I work until 10:30 that night.

I do believe your company might be more dysfunctional than mine. No one competes with Arkay's state institution though.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:00 pm

There's nothing quite like that feeling of coming down with a cold when you know you can't afford to miss school or work.

On the plus side, a new poll's up.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 am

I get that. I prioritize by customer, boss, billing, and anyone else. Tasks get done in that order, so sometimes the anyone's are left out. The problem I've had lately, is just lazy. I called for support from our other office and when I got them on the phone, the guy I wanted to talk to, was gone for the day. It was 2:22 in the afternoon.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Talked my coworker about the phone, and everything's cool. She told me not to worry about it, that she knew it was an accident and I don't have to worry about helping her replace it. She was very friendly and understanding. I was so relived by that.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:32 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Good lord today was a shitty day at work. It was the first truly rainy day of the season, which sucked. My iPod battery died and hour and a half before the end of my shift. Worst of all, when I was on my lunch break I moved a chair in the back to sit down, and there was a power strip on it that had a phone plugged in which got knocked into a bucket of water. I pulled it out and dried it off then set it aside, and then I got all nervous and anxious and didn't take the time to find out whose phone it was. My boss asked me about it at the end of my shift, so I need to talk to the person who owns it tomorrow and I'll likely end up needing to replace it for her, which I can't afford. I'm a big huge ball of stress right and trying to calm down.

I hope you guys are having a better day than I am.

Find out if she had device protection on the phone.  Maximum deductibles are around $200.00.  Don't let her B>S you into agreeing to a six hundred dollar settlement.  Try to be calm.  This seems like a world-ending catastrophe.  But you will get through it.

Thanks for the comforting words Polk. I'll let you know how things go.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:06 am

NebulaJack wrote:Good lord today was a shitty day at work. It was the first truly rainy day of the season, which sucked. My iPod battery died and hour and a half before the end of my shift. Worst of all, when I was on my lunch break I moved a chair in the back to sit down, and there was a power strip on it that had a phone plugged in which got knocked into a bucket of water. I pulled it out and dried it off then set it aside, and then I got all nervous and anxious and didn't take the time to find out whose phone it was. My boss asked me about it at the end of my shift, so I need to talk to the person who owns it tomorrow and I'll likely end up needing to replace it for her, which I can't afford. I'm a big huge ball of stress right and trying to calm down.

Find out if she had device protection on the phone. Maximum deductibles are around $200.00. Don't let her B>S you into agreeing to a six hundred dollar settlement. Try to be calm. This seems like a world-ending catastrophe. But you will get through it.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Good lord today was a shitty day at work. It was the first truly rainy day of the season, which sucked. My iPod battery died and hour and a half before the end of my shift. Worst of all, when I was on my lunch break I moved a chair in the back to sit down, and there was a power strip on it that had a phone plugged in which got knocked into a bucket of water. I pulled it out and dried it off then set it aside, and then I got all nervous and anxious and didn't take the time to find out whose phone it was. My boss asked me about it at the end of my shift, so I need to talk to the person who owns it tomorrow and I'll likely end up needing to replace it for her, which I can't afford. I'm a big huge ball of stress right and trying to calm down.

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:38 am

I've been dealing with high levels of stupidity at work also. One of my project managers called me yesterday about what to with an email a customer sent. I read the email, and it's asking for something from our techs. I read the attachment and it clears up what they are asking. She didn't read the attachment.
    Then I had to deal with our inventory manager, who is on vacation this week. I laid out everything I needed done before he left. It didn't happen.

" If your task doesn't level up to my priority list then too bad for you." You need to have this printed up onto a shirt.

Two-- I have about 10 layers of bosses and they all seem to think that they're the only one adding an extra task to my day. I think bosses learn this behaviour from school teachers. Everyone would only give you work that should be done in an house; not realizing that I had 6 other teachers using that same theory.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 am

]

I've been dealing with high levels of stupidity at work also. One of my project managers called me yesterday about what to with an email a customer sent. I read the email, and it's asking for something from our techs. I read the attachment and it clears up what they are asking. She didn't read the attachment.
    Then I had to deal with our inventory manager, who is on vacation this week. I laid out everything I needed done before he left. It didn't happen.

One-- I have a routine and daily tasks and unpredictable customer traffic AND sometimes someone calls in sick. If your task doesn't level up to my priority list then too bad for you.

we've gone from counting inventory once a month, to bi-weekly, to every week. It's because there are enough managers who don't get it done that they feel like they need to push the issue. But it just means another 12 hour workday for me and I never had any issues getting mine done on time.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land Of The Lost: Fair Trade

Sleestak have developed crude mining technology.  Also has discovered the periscope.   They
    re using it to spy on the Pacuni who are using rocks to try to scare off a technicolor pig.

Meanwhile Will and Holly are working on a project.

And dad falls into the Sleestak caves.  Of course.  Rick Marshall is the worst survival expert ever.

Enik's going to the Library of Skulls.

Is this the first appearance of the Library in the series?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:44 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Wow.  

Tip of the iceberg on her level of crazy. I could write a book about my experience with her and not embellish one fact and everyone would think it was fiction. I say she was crazy, but in fact she was as devious and manipulative a person, as I've ever met. I always told her she should have been a politician.

we have a district manager like that. She's a f8cking snake. She'll act nice to me, but when I'm not around she carries a different tune.

Once she said to our VP (in front of all the other district managers) that "something funny" was going on with the money in my store. This was because when I inherited the store the cash drawer was $35 short. It was $165.90 instead of $200 and I just left it that way because I didn't want to put money out of my pocket.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:41 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, Coworker may get fired today.  We can only hope.

"Cassie, great job!"
    So we will see...may be an interesting day.

To be fair, some people are motivated by praise. as for me, I like money, but I also want people to notice that I do things that other managers can't be bothered to do. For instance the manager of the other super busy store in DFW just up and quit the other day. That or they figured out something illegal she was doing and let her go. We might never know.

But my point is that some people need an "attaboy" every now and then to keep their morale up.

Sounds like she doesn't do much to deserve and attaboy but still.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:37 am

Land Of The Lost: Fair Trade

Sleestak have developed crude mining technology. Also has discovered the periscope. They
    re using it to spy on the Pacuni who are using rocks to try to scare off a technicolor pig.

Meanwhile Will and Holly are working on a project.

And dad falls into the Sleestak caves. Of course. Rick Marshall is the worst survival expert ever.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Man, the amount of homework in my math class is a pain in the ass. I haven't encountered anything I can't figure out (at least not yet), but there's so much of it that it takes me way longer than I'd like to get it done.

Also, new poll.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Hey guys, new poll is up.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 am

I started a new DIY project. Check the project thread to see what I'm trying to tackle.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:18 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Wow.  

Tip of the iceberg on her level of crazy. I could write a book about my experience with her and not embellish one fact and everyone would think it was fiction. I say she was crazy, but in fact she was as devious and manipulative a person, as I've ever met. I always told her she should have been a politician.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote: he needs to start telling her "Cassie, great job!" when she does something correctly (as if we are in first grade and not adults at a workplace where you are expected to do things correctly)

This is what the participation trophy gets you. lol!

Honestly she sounds so much like my ex in the work place, that it's scary. She always had this sense of entitlement. She landed a job when we were dating at a bank drafting (pyramid scam) company. She used her looks and some blackmail to rise to VP status. Not a real VP just a title over a dept she worked in. At the time she was the only person there, so it's kind of insult that she couldn't even make president of her dept.
    She immediately demanded an assistant. Within 2 months her assistant was doing everything. She would show up late, take long lunches, even bail on days she would rather drink.

It bit her in the ass when they merged with another company. They saw the admin doing her job for pennies compared to what she was being paid and she got the boot. She did get a parting gift, of a company vehicle. That goes back to the black mail part of the story. Seems the CEO was married but had a thing for guys. She found out and used that to climb the ladder and get her a 40K custom van for the road.

Wow.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:10 am

Patch wrote:

She came in 15 minutes late today.  She's been late every day, and also late from lunch.  So the boss emails her, cc's me and his boss, explaining that she needs to start making getting to work on time a priority, especially given that she is still struggling with her job duties, etc.  I'm not sure what she emailed back to him, but he's in her office right now, and she's raising her voice telling him that he's not fair to her and he needs to start telling her "Cassie, great job!" when she does something correctly (as if we are in first grade and not adults at a workplace where you are expected to do things correctly) and how dare he expect her to work late to make up the time because she has a SON!  And also she doesn't understand why it's such a big deal that she makes errors on her work and she's late.  ???  What?  Not a big deal?

I get that things will fall through the cracks sometimes, but I see more often than not, do the minimum amount of work possible to stay employed.

I wonder how people can just show up and draw a check rather than do their job?

Yea, it's crazy. Our boss is pretty lenient when it comes to kids-but he expects an effort from you. If you are late because of an issue with your kid, he expects a call telling him that you will be late. Not a text message 20 minutes after you are late. He expects you to make up the time-work late at lunch, work late after work, come in early the next day. And she'll do the work-but on her own timetable and with no regard to accuracy.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:09 am

rkwsuperstar wrote: he needs to start telling her "Cassie, great job!" when she does something correctly (as if we are in first grade and not adults at a workplace where you are expected to do things correctly)

This is what the participation trophy gets you. lol!

Honestly she sounds so much like my ex in the work place, that it's scary. She always had this sense of entitlement. She landed a job when we were dating at a bank drafting (pyramid scam) company. She used her looks and some blackmail to rise to VP status. Not a real VP just a title over a dept she worked in. At the time she was the only person there, so it's kind of insult that she couldn't even make president of her dept.
    She immediately demanded an assistant. Within 2 months her assistant was doing everything. She would show up late, take long lunches, even bail on days she would rather drink.

It bit her in the ass when they merged with another company. They saw the admin doing her job for pennies compared to what she was being paid and she got the boot. She did get a parting gift, of a company vehicle. That goes back to the black mail part of the story. Seems the CEO was married but had a thing for guys. She found out and used that to climb the ladder and get her a 40K custom van for the road.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 am

Well, her job is still hers as of right now. But her clock is ticking. Boss told me that I am to start reporting every issue, which will be a fun time for me, thanks. He said he's tired of her attitude and her unwillingness to make any effort.

Her attitude is my biggest issue. I can understand struggling with things, but your attitude should be more of an "I'm sorry, I don't know why I can't get this, do you have any pointers?" and less of a "well, I did my best, I don't know what you want from me." Actual words she has spoken to our boss.

She came in 15 minutes late today.  She's been late every day, and also late from lunch.  So the boss emails her, cc's me and his boss, explaining that she needs to start making getting to work on time a priority, especially given that she is still struggling with her job duties, etc.  I'm not sure what she emailed back to him, but he's in her office right now, and she's raising her voice telling him that he's not fair to her and he needs to start telling her "Cassie, great job!" when she does something correctly (as if we are in first grade and not adults at a workplace where you are expected to do things correctly) and how dare he expect her to work late to make up the time because she has a SON!  And also she doesn't understand why it's such a big deal that she makes errors on her work and she's late.  ???  What?  Not a big deal?

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:41 am

I get that things will fall through the cracks sometimes, but I see more often than not, do the minimum amount of work possible to stay employed.

I wonder how people can just show up and draw a check rather than do their job?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:46 am

Well, Coworker may get fired today. We can only hope.

She came in 15 minutes late today. She's been late every day, and also late from lunch. So the boss emails her, cc's me and his boss, explaining that she needs to start making getting to work on time a priority, especially given that she is still struggling with her job duties, etc. I'm not sure what she emailed back to him, but he's in her office right now, and she's raising her voice telling him that he's not fair to her and he needs to start telling her "Cassie, great job!" when she does something correctly (as if we are in first grade and not adults at a workplace where you are expected to do things correctly) and how dare he expect her to work late to make up the time because she has a SON! And also she doesn't understand why it's such a big deal that she makes errors on her work and she's late. ??? What? Not a big deal?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm