TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
rkwsuperstar
6 posters

Autumn Approaches

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Autumn Approaches - Page 6 Empty Re: Autumn Approaches

Post by Patch Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 pm

NebulaJack wrote:So that math test went well. I wasn't able to leap frog the class I failed last year, but I tested high enough to retake it. I wasn't able to sign up for a math class yesterday (took some time for my scores to update in the system). I did so now, and signed up for two. The one I want, (which starts at 3pm) is full and I had to go on the wait list. The only one with open seats is from 8am to 10am. On the plus side, it wouldn't require me to change my schedule at all, but on the downside, that's way too fucking early in the morning for me.

Also, a new poll is up.

Congrats. Morning is my enemy these days, so I understand.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:15 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:So we started a project with a new customer last week. I have requested their install manual on several occasions from more than one person in their organization. No one every sent it. Then last night I have a truck broke down after install. This morning I have two more. I call then up and they say, "you should have used this different part on those installs."
    That would have been good information to have before we rolled out there.

At this point, I'd be screaming "SEND ME A MANUAL RIGHT NOW!"

Autumn Approaches - Page 6 Fawlty-towers-manuel

What you want?
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 pm

So that math test went well. I wasn't able to leap frog the class I failed last year, but I tested high enough to retake it. I wasn't able to sign up for a math class yesterday (took some time for my scores to update in the system). I did so now, and signed up for two. The one I want, (which starts at 3pm) is full and I had to go on the wait list. The only one with open seats is from 8am to 10am. On the plus side, it wouldn't require me to change my schedule at all, but on the downside, that's way too fucking early in the morning for me.

Also, a new poll is up.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Patch wrote:So we started a project with a new customer last week. I have requested their install manual on several occasions from more than one person in their organization. No one every sent it. Then last night I have a truck broke down after install. This morning I have two more. I call then up and they say, "you should have used this different part on those installs."

At this point, I'd be screaming "SEND ME A MANUAL RIGHT NOW!"
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:37 am

So we started a project with a new customer last week. I have requested their install manual on several occasions from more than one person in their organization. No one every sent it. Then last night I have a truck broke down after install. This morning I have two more. I call then up and they say, "you should have used this different part on those installs."
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:14 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

WHY ARE WE GETTING another MISFIT GENIUS SHOW?

Thanks for the additional names-- I knew I was forgetting a bunch of these. I know there are even more that would fit the broad definition of Misfit Genius show but I am blanking on the lot.

It's just a tv version of the Bradley Cooper/ Robert DeNiro movie, Limitless.

As for other misfit geniuses on tv...(broad definition).

Doogie Howser.
    Dexter (from dexter's laboratory)
    The Big Bang Theory.

I never watched it but I bet Dexter from the show Dexter is also a misfit genius.

If that's the case then I'm sure you can add Hannibal to that list.

I think of Hannibal and Dexter as falling into that category of characters that would be more accurately called "The Charming Murderer". It's more entertaining to imagine a brutal serial killer as some sort of suave social chameleon that's full sharp wit and classy sophistication (or in Dexter's case, at least an affable grace), whereas a lot of them are dull witted, cruel and base people that would not be pleasant company even in a typical social setting.
    Never saw Dexter, but love Hannibal. He's not a genius, but he's an intelligent psychopath. He's smart, charming, and totally able to twist your perceptions so you have no idea that he's a remorseless killer who likes to eat people.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:12 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Thanks for the additional names-- I knew I was forgetting a bunch of these. I know there are even more that would fit the broad definition of Misfit Genius show but I am blanking on the lot.

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

I know it's based on the movie. But was the show about a guy who takes a pill and becomes a super-smart FBI investigator?  Because that's the premise of the CBS show.

I don't recall seeing anything like that in the trailers, so it maybe something that was added for the show, since the crime procedural format has been such a winner for CBS.

I haven't looked anything up, but they were talking on the radio this morning about it, and apparently Bradley Cooper is producing it.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:43 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

I know it's based on the movie. But was the show about a guy who takes a pill and becomes a super-smart FBI investigator?  Because that's the premise of the CBS show.

I don't recall seeing anything like that in the trailers, so it maybe something that was added for the show, since the crime procedural format has been such a winner for CBS.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:42 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

I never watched it but I bet Dexter from the show Dexter is also a misfit genius.

I think of Hannibal and Dexter as falling into that category of characters that would be more accurately called "The Charming Murderer". It's more entertaining to imagine a brutal serial killer as some sort of suave social chameleon that's full sharp wit and classy sophistication (or in Dexter's case, at least an affable grace), whereas a lot of them are dull witted, cruel and base people that would not be pleasant company even in a typical social setting.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:38 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

Actually, there were a lot of genius characters on the show, what with it being a crime procedural. There were police detectives galore, and forensics experts. One of the guys on the show was a pervy dude who was also the DNA expert, so Dexter was like a misfit genius among other misfit geniuses.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:21 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:14 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Where were you guys when I was crying in my bedroom unaware that my sister knew the answers?

Not me I hated math. People say I'm good at it because I can do math in my head, but that's parlor trick stuff, actual math sucks.

Also the gun review section is up with it's first review.
    https://roboteerhaunt.rpg-board.net/f10-you-ll-shoot-your-eye-out-kid
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:45 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. I've got a math placement test tomorrow, to try and test into the final class I need to get my associates degree (and then eventually transfer over to U of O or some other school to pursue a bachelor's) and I'm not sure I've studied enough for it. I'm really nervous about the whole thing, but taking the day to try and relax and not worry too much. How's your labor day treatin' ya?

Also, new poll is up.

I was always very iffy at math.  Had my confidence rocked when I was in second grade and the teacher threw the concepts of <> at us.

I went home and cried.  My older sister Paula eventually calmed me down and explained them to me. But math and I were already enemies at that point.

Don't even get me started on trying to master the multiplication tables in third grade...

Less points to the LEFT.  Or, the symbol always hugs the biggest number.

My 3rd grade teacher explained it by drawing a circle around the symbol and adding an eye. He'd say "Think of this as Pac-Man's mouth. Pac-Man is very hungry, so he's always gonna go in the direction of the biggest number." It was really helpful.

I thought of it as, if your plane is going to crash you want to aim it towards the lowest amount of casualties.

All of these are excellent-we should totally tutor 2nd grade math.

Where were you guys when I was crying in my bedroom unaware that my sister knew the answers?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:44 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

I know it's based on the movie. But was the show about a guy who takes a pill and becomes a super-smart FBI investigator? Because that's the premise of the CBS show.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:19 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

The dude from Numb3rs. I never saw the show, but I saw commercials.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:18 pm

kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. I've got a math placement test tomorrow, to try and test into the final class I need to get my associates degree (and then eventually transfer over to U of O or some other school to pursue a bachelor's) and I'm not sure I've studied enough for it. I'm really nervous about the whole thing, but taking the day to try and relax and not worry too much. How's your labor day treatin' ya?

Also, new poll is up.

I was always very iffy at math.  Had my confidence rocked when I was in second grade and the teacher threw the concepts of <> at us.

I went home and cried.  My older sister Paula eventually calmed me down and explained them to me. But math and I were already enemies at that point.

Don't even get me started on trying to master the multiplication tables in third grade...

My 3rd grade teacher explained it by drawing a circle around the symbol and adding an eye. He'd say "Think of this as Pac-Man's mouth. Pac-Man is very hungry, so he's always gonna go in the direction of the biggest number." It was really helpful.

I thought of it as, if your plane is going to crash you want to aim it towards the lowest amount of casualties.

All of these are excellent-we should totally tutor 2nd grade math.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm off to go test my mathiness. Wish me luck.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:05 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Also, new poll is up.

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:02 pm

[quote="James.k.Polk"]
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Doogie Howser.
    The Big Bang Theory.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:58 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Also, new poll is up.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 pm

We may be on the downhill slide of Coworker. Someone asked me this morning to check on a personal reimbursement he submitted to her in April (why he waits until September to check on it, I have no idea). She never did it. It's in the file like she did it. But it was never submitted. Our fiscal years ends Aug. 31. We had a fuel bill ending 8/24. She waited to even open it until after the new fiscal year for some reason, but still used account numbers for payment that expired 8/31, so she has to re-do it. Some other issues are popping up and my boss told me today while discussing all of this to make up a list of things he needs to discuss with her and he's going to tell her that she needs to improve if she wants to continue working here. We will see if this is a conversation he actually has with her.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:27 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Also, new poll is up.

Less points to the LEFT. Or, the symbol always hugs the biggest number.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:24 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

It's the new lawyer drama/medical drama/cop drama. I'll credit them for finally finding something, besides these 3, to write about but still not interested. Chuck, Psych and Monk were more comedies and I enjoyed all 3 of them.
    Adding to your list, the Mentalist, whatever that new Sherlock Holmes rip off is called and Numbers. I watched 1 episode of all of these so I could be wrong, but that's what I took from them.

I liked Psych quite a lot until I moved and declined to get cable in my current place.

I liked Monk but I think it lost something after the character Sharona left.

Never got into Chuck.

Polk, I highly encourage you to buy the Psych series on DVD. SO GOOD.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Never got into Chuck.

My favorite thing about Chuck
    Autumn Approaches - Page 6 9dVH96l

Autumn Approaches - Page 6 R6euEVi

Sponsored content