TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
NebulaJack
kegs
6 posters

New Weekend. New Haunt

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

New Weekend. New Haunt - Page 6 Empty Re: New Weekend. New Haunt

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 am

Hello, all. I have a migraine, yet I am at work because we have a faculty interview tomorrow and I have too much crap to do. Which puts me in a bad mood on top of everything else. So...I need some motivation to get through the day. Hot men, please. Here's one to start off my day.
    New Weekend. New Haunt - Page 6 Eplv4jh
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:10 am

Good Morning Everyone!
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:25 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Evenin' guys. New useless poll is up.

Also, has anyone here seen Jurassic World? If so would you recommend it?

I recommend it. It has it's faults, but it's enjoyable.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Evenin' guys. New useless poll is up.

Also, has anyone here seen Jurassic World? If so would you recommend it?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:Good morning peoples!

"morning?"

Fine. Good afternoon peoples!

GOOD WHENEVER KEGS, BENDER OF TIME.

INDEED!!
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

"morning?"

I figured you were hungover, with passed out, half-naked women strewn about, and had no idea what time it was.

I WISH!!

I was hunting Nazis. playing Wolfenstein III: THE NEW ORDER. I'm liking it so far.
    But now I'm off to the neighbour's for some beer.
    But I'll be back later on.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

"morning?"

I figured you were hungover, with passed out, half-naked women strewn about, and had no idea what time it was.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:29 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

"morning?"

GOOD WHENEVER KEGS, BENDER OF TIME.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:28 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

"morning?"

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:15 pm

"morning?"
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Good morning peoples!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 pm

The guy called me yesterday afternoon. He claims he never saw my emails telling him that we changed the date for travel and he was only emailing me again trying to find a solution. ?? Whatever. He agreed to drive to the nearest international airport, since that gave him more flight options and he could return Tuesday night. I still think he's an idiot, but the search committee head loves him.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:I got a work related complaint myself. Friday I tell my boss a new direction we may want to look at. It would mean spending some money to go to some trucking shows, but I think it will pay off. It falls on deaf ears. Later that afternoon, I get a call from him, telling me that our new hire just proposed we go to some trucking shows to expand out business, and that I should check it out. Hmmm why didn't I think of that?

Same thing happened a couple of months ago when I said we should join a couple of business groups related to our industry and I hear nothing but crickets from him. The new guy suggests the same thing and I get a call that we should look into that.

The new guy is smart and I'm glad he's able to get some action going on these things. I'm assuming the "new" will wear off and things will get back to normal. So I'll just stick to the road.

We are attempting to hire a new faculty member.  We have one interview this week, and a possible 2nd one in 3 weeks.  They interview here and then at the mother ship, so the department head and the other campus faculty, and the agency directors, can see his research presentation and interview him.  It takes 3 days, with travel, since the interviews last almost 8 hours each time.  The 2nd guy (currently a post-doctoral research associate at another university) says yes, he can come Mon-Wed.  Then I get an email over the weekend that says well, he really needs to be back Wed, so can we move it to him traveling Sun and interviewing Mon, Tues, and flying home late Tue or early Wed.  So I rearrange everything this morning-the department head is only available that afternoon, so he's kind of annoyed, but agrees to switch the dates, etc.  Then I get an email over lunch from the guy that he really can't fly back Wed, he feels that he needs to be at work Wed, so he wants to fly out at 2 p.m. on Tues, which is right in the middle of his research presentation.  I talked to the search committee head, who told me to tell the guy that we've already re-scheduled to accommodate him once and there is no way that we can move anything again, nor can we shorten the interview.  What a pain in the ass this guy is.  I get that he's got a job, but the goal is to become a faculty member in a field with not many vacant positions and here he is, about to blow his chances.

I'd say he's already done a good job ruining his chances.  If I were in that hiring committee I'd be wary of the diva who demanded special treatment before even getting a job offer.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:08 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning everyone. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Good Morning O?ne
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:00 am

Good morning everyone. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:21 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:I got a work related complaint myself. Friday I tell my boss a new direction we may want to look at. It would mean spending some money to go to some trucking shows, but I think it will pay off. It falls on deaf ears. Later that afternoon, I get a call from him, telling me that our new hire just proposed we go to some trucking shows to expand out business, and that I should check it out. Hmmm why didn't I think of that?

Same thing happened a couple of months ago when I said we should join a couple of business groups related to our industry and I hear nothing but crickets from him. The new guy suggests the same thing and I get a call that we should look into that.

The new guy is smart and I'm glad he's able to get some action going on these things. I'm assuming the "new" will wear off and things will get back to normal. So I'll just stick to the road.

We are attempting to hire a new faculty member.  We have one interview this week, and a possible 2nd one in 3 weeks.  They interview here and then at the mother ship, so the department head and the other campus faculty, and the agency directors, can see his research presentation and interview him.  It takes 3 days, with travel, since the interviews last almost 8 hours each time.  The 2nd guy (currently a post-doctoral research associate at another university) says yes, he can come Mon-Wed.  Then I get an email over the weekend that says well, he really needs to be back Wed, so can we move it to him traveling Sun and interviewing Mon, Tues, and flying home late Tue or early Wed.  So I rearrange everything this morning-the department head is only available that afternoon, so he's kind of annoyed, but agrees to switch the dates, etc.  Then I get an email over lunch from the guy that he really can't fly back Wed, he feels that he needs to be at work Wed, so he wants to fly out at 2 p.m. on Tues, which is right in the middle of his research presentation.  I talked to the search committee head, who told me to tell the guy that we've already re-scheduled to accommodate him once and there is no way that we can move anything again, nor can we shorten the interview.  What a pain in the ass this guy is.  I get that he's got a job, but the goal is to become a faculty member in a field with not many vacant positions and here he is, about to blow his chances.

I'd say he's already done a good job ruining his chances. If I were in that hiring committee I'd be wary of the diva who demanded special treatment before even getting a job offer.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi fellow haunters.

I've created a new poll for the day.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:24 pm

We are attempting to hire a new faculty member. We have one interview this week, and a possible 2nd one in 3 weeks. They interview here and then at the mother ship, so the department head and the other campus faculty, and the agency directors, can see his research presentation and interview him. It takes 3 days, with travel, since the interviews last almost 8 hours each time. The 2nd guy (currently a post-doctoral research associate at another university) says yes, he can come Mon-Wed. Then I get an email over the weekend that says well, he really needs to be back Wed, so can we move it to him traveling Sun and interviewing Mon, Tues, and flying home late Tue or early Wed. So I rearrange everything this morning-the department head is only available that afternoon, so he's kind of annoyed, but agrees to switch the dates, etc. Then I get an email over lunch from the guy that he really can't fly back Wed, he feels that he needs to be at work Wed, so he wants to fly out at 2 p.m. on Tues, which is right in the middle of his research presentation. I talked to the search committee head, who told me to tell the guy that we've already re-scheduled to accommodate him once and there is no way that we can move anything again, nor can we shorten the interview. What a pain in the ass this guy is. I get that he's got a job, but the goal is to become a faculty member in a field with not many vacant positions and here he is, about to blow his chances.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:45 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good evening..er morning. Whatever.

Good afternoon Oz.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Good evening..er morning. Whatever.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:41 am

I got a work related complaint myself. Friday I tell my boss a new direction we may want to look at. It would mean spending some money to go to some trucking shows, but I think it will pay off. It falls on deaf ears. Later that afternoon, I get a call from him, telling me that our new hire just proposed we go to some trucking shows to expand out business, and that I should check it out. Hmmm why didn't I think of that?

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:39 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    Yes Please.  Why you hide the Blood and honey logo?

I just found that Fallout bottle opener so I figured I'd stick it there since Fallout 4 was announced.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy.

Mine was stressful. I decided I can't complain about my comanager to my bosses and not let her know directly what my problems with her performance are. So I had words with her about how she talks to our employees and the gas she doesn't do that she needs to do.

Her reaction was defensive. Basically stateing that she is right to do things like tell people that scheduling issues are none of their business. She was sullen and pouty the whole day.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:39 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

I just found that Fallout bottle opener so I figured I'd stick it there since Fallout 4 was announced.

Mine was stressful. I decided I can't complain about my comanager to my bosses and not let her know directly what my problems with her performance are. So I had words with her about how she talks to our employees and the gas she doesn't do that she needs to do.

Her reaction was defensive. Basically stateing that she is right to do things like tell people that scheduling issues are none of their business. She was sullen and pouty the whole day.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:22 am

[quote="James.k.Polk"]
    Patch wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:13 am

Patch wrote:Who's ready for a cold one?
    New Weekend. New Haunt - Page 6 Es9ORQ5
    Yes Please. Why you hide the Blood and honey logo?

Also all I have is Black Crown and some cheap ass boxed white wine. Also after I left work last night one of my employees informed me she needs to go to her second job at 2:00 today. Guess who gets to go to the mines this afternoon?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:57 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:You were close then. My daughter and I play clue and it turns into a episode of true detective because we both want to win so bad.

I'm still saddened and surprised that the movie's trick of having multiple endings shown in different theaters never caught on as a trend. Flicks like Freddy VS Jason or Aliens VS Predator would have been a lot more fun with something like that.

and it would have made the spoiler threads a lot more interesting and/or confusing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 am