TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
James.k.Polk
Patch
NebulaJack
7 posters

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 7 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:42 am

Patch wrote:Just to beat a dead horse (and I missed most of the Luke talk) I appreciate that Luke built up the site to bring us closer together. I agree that it was not his fault or call to change the commenting system. That doesn't change the fact that doing so, killed the community.

I tried to support the site after the change. I commented on stuff but there was no interaction, just the occasional like. I continued to comment on stuff, hoping it would improve, but it didn't. The current layout makes it easy to miss stuff I might find interesting. So when I do go there I usually don't see anything on the main page, that makes me want to dig deeper. Luke has said on more than one occasion, that the change has not hurt the site, so I'm happy for him. It did hurt the community feeling we used to have. I hope the site is successful for him and it sounds like it is.

Him being a dick to Polk wasn't cool. Polk supported him when he took over. Polk had the idea to make the weekend thread a weekly hang out, which added thousands of comments to the site each week. When they first bumped heads, I chalked it up to Luke, Polk or both having a bad day. That doesn't seem to be the case. He did seem to be provoking Polk. Then after Polk told him he wouldn't be back, "someone" decides to run a Polk question, taken from the FB site, as if to say "It's all good now" or "Polk said he wouldn't be back, but here he is" It's a dick move, and once again points to him provoking Polk, rather than having a bad day.

The whole thing makes me sad.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 7 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:39 am

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Patch, the first part of the package should be at your house sometime today. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Sweet. I'm shipping yours and Jack's today. My only concern, is that you may already have something I got you.  

Are you sending me a large breasted brunette? you can never have too many of them.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:29 am

I finished watching Jessica Jones over the weekend. It was great. Killgrave beats out Walking Dead's Governor as the most ruthless, sadistic, bad ass villain on TV. If you haven't seen it, you are missing out.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 am

Just to beat a dead horse (and I missed most of the Luke talk) I appreciate that Luke built up the site to bring us closer together. I agree that it was not his fault or call to change the commenting system. That doesn't change the fact that doing so, killed the community.

I tried to support the site after the change. I commented on stuff but there was no interaction, just the occasional like. I continued to comment on stuff, hoping it would improve, but it didn't. The current layout makes it easy to miss stuff I might find interesting. So when I do go there I usually don't see anything on the main page, that makes me want to dig deeper. Luke has said on more than one occasion, that the change has not hurt the site, so I'm happy for him. It did hurt the community feeling we used to have. I hope the site is successful for him and it sounds like it is.

Him being a dick to Polk wasn't cool. Polk supported him when he took over. Polk had the idea to make the weekend thread a weekly hang out, which added thousands of comments to the site each week. When they first bumped heads, I chalked it up to Luke, Polk or both having a bad day. That doesn't seem to be the case. He did seem to be provoking Polk. Then after Polk told him he wouldn't be back, "someone" decides to run a Polk question, taken from the FB site, as if to say "It's all good now" or "Polk said he wouldn't be back, but here he is" It's a dick move, and once again points to him provoking Polk, rather than having a bad day.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:54 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Patch, the first part of the package should be at your house sometime today. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Sweet. I'm shipping yours and Jack's today. My only concern, is that you may already have something I got you.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:11 am

Patch, the first part of the package should be at your house sometime today. I am nervous and excited at the same time.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:20 am

The last couple days of the sign waiving job have been shitty weather wise, lots of rain and coldness. There was a bright spot yesterday though. A woman came up to me and explained that her and her husband have a holiday season tradition of being generous to people that they see working hard and smiling. She handed me $20.00 which really brightened up my mood. It's rare that I get tips, but when I do, man they're so nice.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:19 pm

kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Sleverin wrote:"Here for Keg girls" Oh fuck, I click on that thread...once or twice and this thing is labelling me as a perv.  Thanks site.

Also, accomplishment for the day: I think I may have shot down a super hot nerdy gamer girl at the gym today.  I could be wrong but...I have a feeling I shot her down in a blaze of shrugging shoulder glory.

She was probably just trying to get my number.

Does she like coffee?

Throwback comment. Polk approves.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:16 pm

kegs wrote:
    Sleverin wrote:"Here for Keg girls" Oh fuck, I click on that thread...once or twice and this thing is labelling me as a perv.  Thanks site.

Also, accomplishment for the day: I think I may have shot down a super hot nerdy gamer girl at the gym today.  I could be wrong but...I have a feeling I shot her down in a blaze of shrugging shoulder glory.

Does she like coffee?

Lattes.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Does she like coffee?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:11 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning gang. I want to start a collection to have Polk dress like Colonel Sanders for one day.

White suits are hard to find these days.

I live in Kentucky. I will provide the outfit.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:07 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning gang. I want to start a collection to have Polk dress like Colonel Sanders for one day.

White suits are hard to find these days.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 pm

God damn special snowflakes.

Text from the newest kid at work: Can you start scheduling me for one weekday and one weekend day off. I really dislike having Monday then Wednesday off and working all weekend. Thank you.

No. I am not planning on guaranteeing you one weekend day off every schedule.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:32 am

Good morning gang. I want to start a collection to have Polk dress like Colonel Sanders for one day.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:17 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Late night Gonzo drunken rambling in my snuggy. (I'm not really wearing a snuggy, but I thought you all would get a chuckle out of me wearing a snuggy..I don't know...)

Anyway, I don't go to the site very much anymore these days either, and when I do I find myself scrolling through the articles and not clicking on any of them because none of them strike my interests...I'm not saying I'm a self centered prick, but the content is just....Lacking these days. I have noticed that some of the articles I do click on will have three or four comments by the end of the day and that is sad...I don't know. I consider Luke a friend and don't want to dump on him because at the end of the day he has to do what he has to do to make a paycheck and I get that he can't really cater to a specific group of us all the time, but at the same time it just sucks..The site has gone downhill and that isn't me just saying that because articles aren't being published that I like, It's because articles aren't being published that engage me or make interested in what they are about...But regardless, I am glad that I still met you guys. I've gone on record before saying that I talk to some of you more often than I do my friends that actually live in the same city as me..Which is crazy...I actually feel bad for Luke though. You guys don't know how close it's come to the plug being pulled on the site completely and part of me feels like an ass because yeah, we were responsible for creating this awesome community that we wouldn't have had the chance to do if it wasn't for Luke and now that it's gone it feels like we're all jumping ship instead of doing our part to keep it alive and support him, but I don't know..

I supported Luke way back when he first started and a lot of people were bitching because "Luke isn't Rob".

I sad back then that Luke wasn't Rob and it wouldn't be right for him to try to be and argued that it isn't fair to judge his performance based on what went before.

But now we have a couple of years experience. And yeah, Luke supported the open threads and made an environment that made it easier for us to become friends.  But no, we don't owe him loyalty when he has seemingly forgotten all the things that he was doing right all that time.

His management of the site has become lazy.  There doesn't seem to be any *love* in what he's doing any more and I think that's why the old-timers like us have wandered off.

And yeah, he personally attacked me in an attempt to fan a comments war and i declined to participate and I said fuck you Topless robot and I haven't gone back.  

The idea that I owe loyalty to him when he hasn't demonstrated that same loyalty back and his decision to actively deny any suggestions his readers had-- is wrong.

Sorry for my Luke-hate.

Where did this attack take place.

One of the advice columns. Called out basically saying if I wasn't interested in his nerd interests then I should probably be spending my time in ESPN.com or some such rubbish. Hurt feelings , I had because I was just pointing out politely what all of us here have agreed is going wrong on topless robot.

Plus he used, without permission, a thing I posted on Facebook as a question on the advice column. I hadn't submitted it, but there it was.

He was looking for a comments war. I refused to give him one. Like the way I responded to Gallen going off on me, I walked away. Walked away butt hurt, but I walked away.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:38 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Late night Gonzo drunken rambling in my snuggy. (I'm not really wearing a snuggy, but I thought you all would get a chuckle out of me wearing a snuggy..I don't know...)

Anyway, I don't go to the site very much anymore these days either, and when I do I find myself scrolling through the articles and not clicking on any of them because none of them strike my interests...I'm not saying I'm a self centered prick, but the content is just....Lacking these days. I have noticed that some of the articles I do click on will have three or four comments by the end of the day and that is sad...I don't know. I consider Luke a friend and don't want to dump on him because at the end of the day he has to do what he has to do to make a paycheck and I get that he can't really cater to a specific group of us all the time, but at the same time it just sucks..The site has gone downhill and that isn't me just saying that because articles aren't being published that I like, It's because articles aren't being published that engage me or make interested in what they are about...But regardless, I am glad that I still met you guys. I've gone on record before saying that I talk to some of you more often than I do my friends that actually live in the same city as me..Which is crazy...I actually feel bad for Luke though. You guys don't know how close it's come to the plug being pulled on the site completely and part of me feels like an ass because yeah, we were responsible for creating this awesome community that we wouldn't have had the chance to do if it wasn't for Luke and now that it's gone it feels like we're all jumping ship instead of doing our part to keep it alive and support him, but I don't know..

I supported Luke way back when he first started and a lot of people were bitching because "Luke isn't Rob".

I sad back then that Luke wasn't Rob and it wouldn't be right for him to try to be and argued that it isn't fair to judge his performance based on what went before.

But now we have a couple of years experience. And yeah, Luke supported the open threads and made an environment that made it easier for us to become friends.  But no, we don't owe him loyalty when he has seemingly forgotten all the things that he was doing right all that time.

His management of the site has become lazy.  There doesn't seem to be any *love* in what he's doing any more and I think that's why the old-timers like us have wandered off.

And yeah, he personally attacked me in an attempt to fan a comments war and i declined to participate and I said fuck you Topless robot and I haven't gone back.  

The idea that I owe loyalty to him when he hasn't demonstrated that same loyalty back and his decision to actively deny any suggestions his readers had-- is wrong.

Sorry for my Luke-hate.

Where did this attack take place.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:02 am

Sleverin wrote:I honestly thought she was gay.  She's really hot but looks a little butch and is always hanging out with chicks.  Its noy die hard proof but I live in the SF Bay Area, its better to gamble on the "yes".  Especially at my gym...

I'm told this happens to me occasionally. A woman is in my store and we are talking about something as I am selling her something or working on her phone. after the transaction is over a co-worker will say "she was into you-- why didn't you ask for her phone number?"

well it happened once.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:01 am

But now we have a couple of years experience. And yeah, Luke supported the open threads and made an environment that made it easier for us to become friends. But no, we don't owe him loyalty when he has seemingly forgotten all the things that he was doing right all that time.

His management of the site has become lazy. There doesn't seem to be any *love* in what he's doing any more and I think that's why the old-timers like us have wandered off.

Sorry for my Luke-hate.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:01 am

I honestly thought she was gay. She's really hot but looks a little butch and is always hanging out with chicks. Its noy die hard proof but I live in the SF Bay Area, its better to gamble on the "yes". Especially at my gym...
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:53 am

Sleverin wrote:Oh definitely.  She knew I knew a guy in another state through an online site formerly named Topless Robot and just needed them digits.  

I am legend.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:53 am

Oh definitely. She knew I knew a guy in another state through an online site formerly named Topless Robot and just needed them digits.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:39 am

Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:35 am

"Here for Keg girls" Oh fuck, I click on that thread...once or twice and this thing is labelling me as a perv. Thanks site.

Also, accomplishment for the day: I think I may have shot down a super hot nerdy gamer girl at the gym today. I could be wrong but...I have a feeling I shot her down in a blaze of shrugging shoulder glory.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:32 am

I remember stumbling upon the TR weekly thread and was surprised to see people actually replying to one another past the first 3 hours of the post. I've come to really like this batch of nerds. Once the comment switch happened I wasn't super pissed until I found out that we had to refresh every 2 seconds to see new comments and so I kinda gave up there. I'm glad we have the FB group at least. But I told Luke the other day (essentially on accident) that I have zero interest in comics and comic related things. But he needs to draw in an audience, so I understand his position there. I do miss finding some of my favorite Youtube stuff through Bricken, such as the stop motion toy fight channel and "JustSomeGuy" who has the super hilarious "I'm a Marvel and I'm a DC" series. I miss finding stuff like that on the site and while I still stumble across some articles and honorable mentions, but it doesn't seem like I'm finding the same quality of content I guess.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:01 am

Late night Gonzo drunken rambling in my snuggy. (I'm not really wearing a snuggy, but I thought you all would get a chuckle out of me wearing a snuggy..I don't know...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 pm