TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

4 posters

Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron

Poll

Question too big for this spot, see comment.

[ 4 ]
    Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Bar_left100%Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Bar_left0%Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Empty Re: Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron

Post by NebulaJack Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:59 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:I've seen it, but it's been a long time.  I enjoyed it, but I can't tell you why.  I do remember it was darker in tone than most Disney movies.  I need to watch it again.

That's from the era where Disney was a little bit darker, possibly because Don Bluth's movies were giving them their first real competition in the realm of animated feature films. It was around the same time they did The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective and Oliver and Company, which were all darker than usual to some degree. There's a documentary I've been meaning to see for years about when they went with a back to basics approach with The Little Mermaid and other projects as a sort of revival of their old ways.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Empty Re: Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 pm

You should watch it stoned to the gills.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:32 am

I've seen it, but it's been a long time. I enjoyed it, but I can't tell you why. I do remember it was darker in tone than most Disney movies. I need to watch it again.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:40 am

NebulaJack wrote:When I was a little kid back in the '80s I saw a Disney movie called The Black Cauldron and I loved the hell out of it. Unfortunately, it was a box office flop and Disney didn't even bother to release it on VHS. It didn't hit video until DVD was a thing, by which point I was a full grown man. I've looked at cartoon I watched and loved as a kids years later as an adult, and been crushed. I'm not sure I could take it if Black Cauldron was one of those, yet at the same time I want to revisit it. Should I?

Yes. Yes you should. I will watch it too; as I have never watched and my friends tell me it's good.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron Empty Poll 8-4-15 Should I watch The Black Cauldron

Post by NebulaJack Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm

When I was a little kid back in the '80s I saw a Disney movie called The Black Cauldron and I loved the hell out of it. Unfortunately, it was a box office flop and Disney didn't even bother to release it on VHS. It didn't hit video until DVD was a thing, by which point I was a full grown man. I've looked at cartoon I watched and loved as a kids years later as an adult, and been crushed. I'm not sure I could take it if Black Cauldron was one of those, yet at the same time I want to revisit it. Should I?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 am