TR Haunt

Come hangout


    Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Share
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:44 am

    New Thread is GO!
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:11 am

    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

    I been busy with lawn work... or rather, getting some lawn work done. The grass got high enough that I got a notice from the city, and I'm getting it under control. I let my older brother know about it, and he's gonna send some money my direction to pay the friends who've been helping me, because that's the way he does things. The guys I paid to start the job last week had an equipment malfunction, and getting them back over here has been a hassle. Two friends helped out in the past few days, so it's getting sorted, but the biggest pain in the arse has been getting a lawn mower over here. Oy vey. I've been taking progress pictures, so as to have a record of the effort being made. I'll post them all when the project's done.

    I had big plans this spring and summer to work on my backyard.  It's a rental, so I don't want to do anything permanent or expensive, but I wanted to be able to enjoy my back yard.  A couple of years ago, I bought a couple of those concrete boards to use as a "patio" and it worked great, but they only fit me and my lawn chair and a table.  I had bought a couple of more about 2 weeks before my accident, so I would have them when the weather was nice enough to be outside working.  I wanted to double the size of it, so friends or family I had over could also sit out there, I wanted to get some stepping stone so you didn't have to walk through dirt.  My backyard is odd...it's dirt and weeds.  The ground is really soft, the dirt is sandy, you sink down into it, it's almost impossible to run a mower on it.  The ground on front and sides are firm like a normal lawn, and I have mostly grass with some weeds.  So, now I can't get out there and dig up weeds so it's going crazy back there and I can't fix up my patio or even enjoy my old little patio.  I can't get out with my walker, the grounds too soft.  I'll probably be healed up enough by August or something and then it'll be too hot to be out there digging up weeds, except at 1 a.m.

    You could maybe ask around your family or circle of friends for assistance and see if they'd be able to install it for you in exchange for food and beer or something.

    if it was just putting out the concrete, that'd be one thing.  but the weeds are crazy.  I'm gonna have to pay someone, probably.  I pay a sweet old man to mow my front yard, I may ask him what he'd charge me to just weed whack the back.  at least get them cut down before they grow taller than me.

    Speaking of Yardiness, my front and back yards are doin' much better.
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:50 am

    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

    I been busy with lawn work... or rather, getting some lawn work done. The grass got high enough that I got a notice from the city, and I'm getting it under control. I let my older brother know about it, and he's gonna send some money my direction to pay the friends who've been helping me, because that's the way he does things. The guys I paid to start the job last week had an equipment malfunction, and getting them back over here has been a hassle. Two friends helped out in the past few days, so it's getting sorted, but the biggest pain in the arse has been getting a lawn mower over here. Oy vey. I've been taking progress pictures, so as to have a record of the effort being made. I'll post them all when the project's done.

    I had big plans this spring and summer to work on my backyard.  It's a rental, so I don't want to do anything permanent or expensive, but I wanted to be able to enjoy my back yard.  A couple of years ago, I bought a couple of those concrete boards to use as a "patio" and it worked great, but they only fit me and my lawn chair and a table.  I had bought a couple of more about 2 weeks before my accident, so I would have them when the weather was nice enough to be outside working.  I wanted to double the size of it, so friends or family I had over could also sit out there, I wanted to get some stepping stone so you didn't have to walk through dirt.  My backyard is odd...it's dirt and weeds.  The ground is really soft, the dirt is sandy, you sink down into it, it's almost impossible to run a mower on it.  The ground on front and sides are firm like a normal lawn, and I have mostly grass with some weeds.  So, now I can't get out there and dig up weeds so it's going crazy back there and I can't fix up my patio or even enjoy my old little patio.  I can't get out with my walker, the grounds too soft.  I'll probably be healed up enough by August or something and then it'll be too hot to be out there digging up weeds, except at 1 a.m.

    You could maybe ask around your family or circle of friends for assistance and see if they'd be able to install it for you in exchange for food and beer or something.

    if it was just putting out the concrete, that'd be one thing. but the weeds are crazy. I'm gonna have to pay someone, probably. I pay a sweet old man to mow my front yard, I may ask him what he'd charge me to just weed whack the back. at least get them cut down before they grow taller than me.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:07 pm

    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

    Glad to hear you enjoyed the book. I have read the spin off. There's a pair've novellas contained in the short story collections "Fragile Things" and "Trigger Warning" that involve Shadow's time away from the US. There's also a TV series in development for Starz that I'm looking forward to.


    I've been worried about Polk lately. He hasn't been around here all that much, and when I contacted him he said he was dealing with some stress at work or something of that nature. I'd been hoping to get back into motion on that They Might Be Giants game idea he and I had talked about awhile back, but he hasn't responded. I presume he'll come back around when he's feelin' better.

    Also, I added another thing in the writing section on a story called "Never Said Goodbye" and I'm thinking I might add opening to the most current chapters of the novel I've been writing on Twitter for about 5 or 6 years now.

    I'll check out your story and look for the short stories you mentioned. I'm listening to 13 Hours on Audible now. No political slant, just the story of what everyone went through that night in Benghazi. I liked the movie, so I thought I would try the book. The movie doesn't really stray far from the real events. It uses some of the main characters to fill in for still covert operatives, who can't tell their names. It's sad, inspiring, and a shame that it happened the way it did. They might not have been able to save the ambassador, but because the CIA was trying to keep their not so covert location, covert, they were held back from getting into the fight. Then once it started, the government did little to support them.

    The thing that pisses me off whenever this incident comes up, is that it gets tied into partisan pickiness over the importance of any attack. Repubs didn't want to look too deep into The September Attack of 2001, and Democrats didn't want to look into Benghazi for the same lame ass reason, which can be summed up as "We don't need a laundry list of details when it happens on the watch of one of our own." On the flip side, they get ravenous for smeary details from the other half of the big two party.

    One of my overall goals this year is to get a book set into a finished format, where a story has a beginning, middle and end. Then I'll look at publishing it, probably in a digital format to start.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by Patch on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:22 am

    NebulaJack wrote:

    Glad to hear you enjoyed the book. I have read the spin off. There's a pair've novellas contained in the short story collections "Fragile Things" and "Trigger Warning" that involve Shadow's time away from the US. There's also a TV series in development for Starz that I'm looking forward to.


    I've been worried about Polk lately. He hasn't been around here all that much, and when I contacted him he said he was dealing with some stress at work or something of that nature. I'd been hoping to get back into motion on that They Might Be Giants game idea he and I had talked about awhile back, but he hasn't responded. I presume he'll come back around when he's feelin' better.

    Also, I added another thing in the writing section on a story called "Never Said Goodbye" and I'm thinking I might add opening to the most current chapters of the novel I've been writing on Twitter for about 5 or 6 years now.

    I'll check out your story and look for the short stories you mentioned. I'm listening to 13 Hours on Audible now. No political slant, just the story of what everyone went through that night in Benghazi. I liked the movie, so I thought I would try the book. The movie doesn't really stray far from the real events. It uses some of the main characters to fill in for still covert operatives, who can't tell their names. It's sad, inspiring, and a shame that it happened the way it did. They might not have been able to save the ambassador, but because the CIA was trying to keep their not so covert location, covert, they were held back from getting into the fight. Then once it started, the government did little to support them.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:33 pm

    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

    I been busy with lawn work... or rather, getting some lawn work done. The grass got high enough that I got a notice from the city, and I'm getting it under control. I let my older brother know about it, and he's gonna send some money my direction to pay the friends who've been helping me, because that's the way he does things. The guys I paid to start the job last week had an equipment malfunction, and getting them back over here has been a hassle. Two friends helped out in the past few days, so it's getting sorted, but the biggest pain in the arse has been getting a lawn mower over here. Oy vey. I've been taking progress pictures, so as to have a record of the effort being made. I'll post them all when the project's done.

    I had big plans this spring and summer to work on my backyard.  It's a rental, so I don't want to do anything permanent or expensive, but I wanted to be able to enjoy my back yard.  A couple of years ago, I bought a couple of those concrete boards to use as a "patio" and it worked great, but they only fit me and my lawn chair and a table.  I had bought a couple of more about 2 weeks before my accident, so I would have them when the weather was nice enough to be outside working.  I wanted to double the size of it, so friends or family I had over could also sit out there, I wanted to get some stepping stone so you didn't have to walk through dirt.  My backyard is odd...it's dirt and weeds.  The ground is really soft, the dirt is sandy, you sink down into it, it's almost impossible to run a mower on it.  The ground on front and sides are firm like a normal lawn, and I have mostly grass with some weeds.  So, now I can't get out there and dig up weeds so it's going crazy back there and I can't fix up my patio or even enjoy my old little patio.  I can't get out with my walker, the grounds too soft.  I'll probably be healed up enough by August or something and then it'll be too hot to be out there digging up weeds, except at 1 a.m.

    You could maybe ask around your family or circle of friends for assistance and see if they'd be able to install it for you in exchange for food and beer or something.
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:28 am

    NebulaJack wrote:

    I been busy with lawn work... or rather, getting some lawn work done. The grass got high enough that I got a notice from the city, and I'm getting it under control. I let my older brother know about it, and he's gonna send some money my direction to pay the friends who've been helping me, because that's the way he does things. The guys I paid to start the job last week had an equipment malfunction, and getting them back over here has been a hassle. Two friends helped out in the past few days, so it's getting sorted, but the biggest pain in the arse has been getting a lawn mower over here. Oy vey. I've been taking progress pictures, so as to have a record of the effort being made. I'll post them all when the project's done.

    I had big plans this spring and summer to work on my backyard. It's a rental, so I don't want to do anything permanent or expensive, but I wanted to be able to enjoy my back yard. A couple of years ago, I bought a couple of those concrete boards to use as a "patio" and it worked great, but they only fit me and my lawn chair and a table. I had bought a couple of more about 2 weeks before my accident, so I would have them when the weather was nice enough to be outside working. I wanted to double the size of it, so friends or family I had over could also sit out there, I wanted to get some stepping stone so you didn't have to walk through dirt. My backyard is odd...it's dirt and weeds. The ground is really soft, the dirt is sandy, you sink down into it, it's almost impossible to run a mower on it. The ground on front and sides are firm like a normal lawn, and I have mostly grass with some weeds. So, now I can't get out there and dig up weeds so it's going crazy back there and I can't fix up my patio or even enjoy my old little patio. I can't get out with my walker, the grounds too soft. I'll probably be healed up enough by August or something and then it'll be too hot to be out there digging up weeds, except at 1 a.m.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:20 am

    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Patch

    Could you rename the Polling Station? I'm not up for doing it daily, or very often anymore.

    You sound down brother. What's up? As far as the space goes it's yours. You can do it when you want, and not at all if you don't. There are only 5 of us here so it's not a big deal. I finished my back porch remodel. Its' kept me busy the last few weekends, but keeping busy is a good thing for me. I'll post some pics of the finished product in my project section if you want to check them out.

    Also I finished American Gods. It was great thanks again. I got Anansi Boys on Audible and enjoyed it as well. You have probably read it, but if not give it a try

    Actually, I've been pretty up and jazzed lately. The old title on the polling station was "Daily Poll" with a subtitle of "Or whenever we feel like having a poll." Now the title is "Jack's Polling Station" with the subtitle "or whenever we feel like having a poll." and it was changed into my name since I was doing a daily thing. I don't mind my name being there, but maybe the subtitle could read "but anyone can create a poll."

    Glad to hear you enjoyed the book. I have read the spin off. There's a pair've novellas contained in the short story collections "Fragile Things" and "Trigger Warning" that involve Shadow's time away from the US. There's also a TV series in development for Starz that I'm looking forward to.

    I been busy with lawn work... or rather, getting some lawn work done. The grass got high enough that I got a notice from the city, and I'm getting it under control. I let my older brother know about it, and he's gonna send some money my direction to pay the friends who've been helping me, because that's the way he does things. The guys I paid to start the job last week had an equipment malfunction, and getting them back over here has been a hassle. Two friends helped out in the past few days, so it's getting sorted, but the biggest pain in the arse has been getting a lawn mower over here. Oy vey. I've been taking progress pictures, so as to have a record of the effort being made. I'll post them all when the project's done.

    I've been worried about Polk lately. He hasn't been around here all that much, and when I contacted him he said he was dealing with some stress at work or something of that nature. I'd been hoping to get back into motion on that They Might Be Giants game idea he and I had talked about awhile back, but he hasn't responded. I presume he'll come back around when he's feelin' better.

    Also, I added another thing in the writing section on a story called "Never Said Goodbye" and I'm thinking I might add opening to the most current chapters of the novel I've been writing on Twitter for about 5 or 6 years now.
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by Patch on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:45 am

    NebulaJack wrote:Patch

    Could you rename the Polling Station? I'm not up for doing it daily, or very often anymore.

    You sound down brother. What's up? As far as the space goes it's yours. You can do it when you want, and not at all if you don't. There are only 5 of us here so it's not a big deal. I finished my back porch remodel. Its' kept me busy the last few weekends, but keeping busy is a good thing for me. I'll post some pics of the finished product in my project section if you want to check them out.

    Also I finished American Gods. It was great thanks again. I got Anansi Boys on Audible and enjoyed it as well. You have probably read it, but if not give it a try
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:27 am

    Patch

    Could you rename the Polling Station? I'm not up for doing it daily, or very often anymore.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:40 pm

    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

    How was your guys's weekend?

    Mine was ok.  Back to WF on Friday for PT, hung out at my parents' house Friday night.  Saturday morning, my mom and I went to the grocery store.  It's amazing what you can't do while on a walker-like push a shopping cart.  Watched the horse race, came home and, beyond doing some laundry, I was lazy the rest of the weekend.

    Good to hear. Seen any good movies lately?
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:58 am

    NebulaJack wrote:So the past few days have been full of things and stuff and such.

    Saturday I went to the graduation ceremony and after party of my dear friend Dan. It was an awesome time. Dan now has a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science from Oregon State University. During the day, I got ahold of a friend of min from high school who I hadn't seen in about 15 years or so. She's got a farm outside of Corvallis. She stopped by the party for a few minutes to say hi and I introduced her to Dan, so there's a potential for collaborative work opportunities in the future there.

    There was a hiccup when we all lost track of time, and I realized it'd be too late to get to Albany to get onto the train headed back to Eugene. By the time we realized we'd lost track of time, it was already 7:46, and the train had been scheduled to leave at 7:40. I kind of freaked out for a minute and had to calm down. Charlotte agreed to give me a ride in the morning, and things went well. I started drinking water to sober down (I was fairly drunk at the time) and I went to sleep around 8 or 9 pm.

    I woke up around 3 or 4 am, and walked over to the Circle K to get some smokes and some coffee energy drinks. By the time Charlotte woke up and we got ready to roll out, I'd been up for about 6 hours and was starting to feel tired again, while also having a 10 hour work day ahead of me. I spent all of my shift on Sunday fluctuating between states of tiredness.

    The whole day had a slow, off kilter vibe to it. I spent the morning shift helping a coworker prepare dough for the next day, pressing dough into sheets to be ready for another coworker to make into pizzas, and then starting the clean up process on the dough equipment (which is the biggest pain in the ass of the job). At about 1:30 or so, the kid who'd been doing the dough took off. My boss was supposed to be in at 2, and ended up late. He'd originally scheduled himself for 3 and set it back an hour, and then forgot. Normally my lunch break starts at 2, but the manager on duty needed me to stay on longer (which I didn't mind). The boss came in after 3, and at about 3:30 I took my break, got some food in my belly and tried to relax in order to recharge for the back half of my shift.

    While talking to my boss, I learned about the shooting incident in Florida which put a damper on the rest of my day. I ended up staying a bit late, till about 8:30 or 9 and got a ride from a friend of mine who's had a rough past few months. about 7 or 8 years younger than I am. We met when I lived in Oklahoma back in the early '00s, and I kind of took him under my wing as someone to help him out. His dad died when he was young and he was a cool nerdy guy that had to go through some of the same crap that I did with bullying in school. Back in 2006, I helped him get out to Oregon. Our time living in Eugene was brief, and we ended up moving back to Oklahoma. We went to live with a friend of mine outside of Stillwater, and things worked out in such a way that he moved back to Ponca with his grand parents, while I lived in Yale, working in Stillwater for the next few months with the overall plan of finding a way back to Oregon ASAP.

    Over the next few years Fry moved to Tulsa to pursue a degree in IT, while I went to LCC pursuing an art degree. Back in 2014, he moved back to Eugene, initially into my place before finding a place of his own. Sadly over the past decade, a lot of his anger has twisted towards women. He's become an MRA asshole type that talks about gender politics all the fucking time, and it's put a lot of distance between him and other friends of mine. There's more'n a few friends who refuse to hang out with him, and question why I still do. A big part of it, that I'm not willing to give up on him or cut him off because of this. I remain along side him as a friend that can call him on his bullshit and try to help him see a need to reevaluate his views.

    Fry and I hung out at his place for awhile and then came over to my house for a bit. This week, he's helping me out with my lawn, which has gotten overgrown to a ridiculous amount. There's a lot more that I could go into, but suffice to say, my schedule has been full of stuff when I'm at work and when I'm not.

    How was your guys's weekend?

    Mine was ok. Back to WF on Friday for PT, hung out at my parents' house Friday night. Saturday morning, my mom and I went to the grocery store. It's amazing what you can't do while on a walker-like push a shopping cart. Watched the horse race, came home and, beyond doing some laundry, I was lazy the rest of the weekend.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:27 am

    So the past few days have been full of things and stuff and such.

    Saturday I went to the graduation ceremony and after party of my dear friend Dan. It was an awesome time. Dan now has a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Science from Oregon State University. During the day, I got ahold of a friend of min from high school who I hadn't seen in about 15 years or so. She's got a farm outside of Corvallis. She stopped by the party for a few minutes to say hi and I introduced her to Dan, so there's a potential for collaborative work opportunities in the future there.

    There was a hiccup when we all lost track of time, and I realized it'd be too late to get to Albany to get onto the train headed back to Eugene. By the time we realized we'd lost track of time, it was already 7:46, and the train had been scheduled to leave at 7:40. I kind of freaked out for a minute and had to calm down. Charlotte agreed to give me a ride in the morning, and things went well. I started drinking water to sober down (I was fairly drunk at the time) and I went to sleep around 8 or 9 pm.

    I woke up around 3 or 4 am, and walked over to the Circle K to get some smokes and some coffee energy drinks. By the time Charlotte woke up and we got ready to roll out, I'd been up for about 6 hours and was starting to feel tired again, while also having a 10 hour work day ahead of me. I spent all of my shift on Sunday fluctuating between states of tiredness.

    The whole day had a slow, off kilter vibe to it. I spent the morning shift helping a coworker prepare dough for the next day, pressing dough into sheets to be ready for another coworker to make into pizzas, and then starting the clean up process on the dough equipment (which is the biggest pain in the ass of the job). At about 1:30 or so, the kid who'd been doing the dough took off. My boss was supposed to be in at 2, and ended up late. He'd originally scheduled himself for 3 and set it back an hour, and then forgot. Normally my lunch break starts at 2, but the manager on duty needed me to stay on longer (which I didn't mind). The boss came in after 3, and at about 3:30 I took my break, got some food in my belly and tried to relax in order to recharge for the back half of my shift.

    While talking to my boss, I learned about the shooting incident in Florida which put a damper on the rest of my day. I ended up staying a bit late, till about 8:30 or 9 and got a ride from a friend of mine who's had a rough past few months. about 7 or 8 years younger than I am. We met when I lived in Oklahoma back in the early '00s, and I kind of took him under my wing as someone to help him out. His dad died when he was young and he was a cool nerdy guy that had to go through some of the same crap that I did with bullying in school. Back in 2006, I helped him get out to Oregon. Our time living in Eugene was brief, and we ended up moving back to Oklahoma. We went to live with a friend of mine outside of Stillwater, and things worked out in such a way that he moved back to Ponca with his grand parents, while I lived in Yale, working in Stillwater for the next few months with the overall plan of finding a way back to Oregon ASAP.

    Over the next few years Fry moved to Tulsa to pursue a degree in IT, while I went to LCC pursuing an art degree. Back in 2014, he moved back to Eugene, initially into my place before finding a place of his own. Sadly over the past decade, a lot of his anger has twisted towards women. He's become an MRA asshole type that talks about gender politics all the fucking time, and it's put a lot of distance between him and other friends of mine. There's more'n a few friends who refuse to hang out with him, and question why I still do. A big part of it, that I'm not willing to give up on him or cut him off because of this. I remain along side him as a friend that can call him on his bullshit and try to help him see a need to reevaluate his views.

    Fry and I hung out at his place for awhile and then came over to my house for a bit. This week, he's helping me out with my lawn, which has gotten overgrown to a ridiculous amount. There's a lot more that I could go into, but suffice to say, my schedule has been full of stuff when I'm at work and when I'm not.

    How was your guys's weekend?
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:16 am

    Another day...
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 am

    Mornin' guys.

    Hey, anyone know what Polk's been up to lately? I've not seen him around the haunt lately.
    avatar
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

    Posts : 458
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by kegs on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 am

    rkwsuperstar wrote:Morning, all.

    G'morning Rk! G'morning all!
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:16 am

    Morning, all.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:34 pm

    Patch wrote:Hope you get the job.

    Thanks Patch. How's your week been?
    avatar
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 810
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : Lone Star State

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by Patch on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:35 pm

    Hope you get the job.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:59 am

    Oh man, my sleep schedule is all outta whack right now.

    After staying up all night on Wednesday/Thursday, I couldn't get to sleep until around 2 or 3 am last night/this morning. I'd set my alarm for 9am, but woke up after 7. Now I'm gonna be up til who knows when. Afterwork, I'm going to Corvallis for Dan's graduation, and I"m gonna help decorate the house for the party tomorrow. I'm not sure what time I'll be getting to sleep tonight, but I'll be waking up around 7 or 8 tomorrow. After that, I'll be getting back to Eugene around 8 or 9, possible later if I can find a ride instead of taking the bus/train (the latest one leaves at 7:40, but I'm trying to find a later ride back through craigslist).

    I don't know when I'll be getting a proper batch of sleep again.
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:15 pm

    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Hello, all.  I started back to work Monday and have finally gotten things sort of organized.  Sort of.  I'm taking one class this semester so I can concentrate on getting healed completely.  I'm driving myself, using the walker to get around, and will be heading back to WF for the next few Fridays for PT.  I was going 4 days a week, but now I'm back at work, and I can't be driving 2 hours roundtrip every day for PT.  

    Glad to hear your recovery is progressing. How's it feel being back at the office?

    I'm happy to be back. Gives me a purpose, you know? It's nice being off, but once I got more active, it got boring. It's not like I was on vacation, out doing things and whatever. I was home on the couch watching Law & Order reruns. Also have a new boss-old one retired while I was out. He already worked here, so I know him, but it's still different trying to teach each other stuff and learning how HE wants things done. And my coworker is just as big of an idiot as she always was, so that's probably the worst part of being back.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:15 am

    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:HOLY SHIT I STUMBLED ONTO SOMETHING GOOD!

    So here's the thing, a dear friend of mine in Corvallis is going to be graduating on Saturday and holding a party afterwards. He posted an event on Facebook and invited me a couple weeks ago, but I didn't get around to asking for time off before today because A) I've been wanting to keep getting more hours lately, B) I've been in a depressive funk and not wanting to leave the house if I don't have to lately and C) The message I posted on the event asking if anyone going could give me a ride to Corvallis didn't get any responses.

    Yesterday, during my second of two days off, I decided that I should at least make more of an effort at going. It's been too long since I've seen Dan, and I know I'd be feeling miserable all day at work for not being there. So I gave him a call and asked about transportation. I pointed out that in addition to getting a ride up there, I'd also need a ride back that night or early the next morning so I can be at work by 10am. He started talking with Charlotte (his wife, who I've known even longer and is part of a sort of secondary family that my brother and I became a part of back in our highschool days [long story]) and they offered to buy me a bus ticket back to Eugene if I can get up there.

    Today at work I was scheduled from 10am to 2pm. After clocking out, I hung out for a half hour until my boss showed up so I could ask him for the day off. He said I'd have to find someone to cover my shift. Got-me-hired-friend had to decline because he's going to a funeral that day. So I hung around longer to talk with a coworker who was coming in at 3 to ask her, and she had to decline because she's going to a graduation ceremony as well. I took another look at the schedule and noticed that newly-promoted-assistant-manager-lady is only scheduled from 8am-9am on Saturday for a mandatory manager  meeting. So I asked her, and she was able to do it. I was so happy I gave her a hug. With that hurdle crossed, I cleared things with boss-dude to clock back in and work from 3 to 8 (making up hours for the later half of my shift on Saturday) and to come in tomorrow from 11-2 (to make up for the front half of the shift).

    After getting home, I started calling some other members of the sort of secondary family, and seeing if any of them can give me a ride. I got on the phone with Charlotte, and we started looking at info on amtrak and greyhound which could work for getting me up there Saturday morning. I'd rather go on Friday night so as to sleep over and hang out and go to the ceremony with them. She mentioned the possibility of a ride share. So I said I'd check craigslist tonight, and if I can't find anything by tomorrow night, we'll do the bus option.

    After posting to the rideshare page, I decided to take a look at job listings on the off chance that there's something better than working at the pizza factory available. I popped open the Writing list, which rarely has anything posted and all, and lo and behold... THE EUGENE WEEKLY IS LOOKING FOR A CALENDAR EDITOR! The job pays 15 bucks and hour, starting at 30 hours a week and eventually moving up to fulltime with benefits. The ad mentions that the position could be a stepping stone to bigger things. They're accepting resumes through Friday... so if I hadn't decided to make an effort to go see a dear friend, I quite likely would have missed out on this opportunity.

    Talk about motherfucking serendipity!

    Good luck on the job!

    Thanks. I'll be sending something in tonight. First I'm gonna talk with my boss and see if he's cool with me using him as a reference on my resume. I'm also waiting for word from Luke to make sure it's cool to use him as a reference too.

    Additionally, it's worth mentioning that I was so excited by the possibilities that I wasn't able to get to sleep tonight, so today's gonna be a tiring day at work.
    avatar
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

    Posts : 829
    Join date : 2015-05-27

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by NebulaJack on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:13 am

    rkwsuperstar wrote:Hello, all.  I started back to work Monday and have finally gotten things sort of organized.  Sort of.  I'm taking one class this semester so I can concentrate on getting healed completely.  I'm driving myself, using the walker to get around, and will be heading back to WF for the next few Fridays for PT.  I was going 4 days a week, but now I'm back at work, and I can't be driving 2 hours roundtrip every day for PT.  

    Glad to hear your recovery is progressing. How's it feel being back at the office?
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:22 am

    NebulaJack wrote:HOLY SHIT I STUMBLED ONTO SOMETHING GOOD!

    So here's the thing, a dear friend of mine in Corvallis is going to be graduating on Saturday and holding a party afterwards. He posted an event on Facebook and invited me a couple weeks ago, but I didn't get around to asking for time off before today because A) I've been wanting to keep getting more hours lately, B) I've been in a depressive funk and not wanting to leave the house if I don't have to lately and C) The message I posted on the event asking if anyone going could give me a ride to Corvallis didn't get any responses.

    Yesterday, during my second of two days off, I decided that I should at least make more of an effort at going. It's been too long since I've seen Dan, and I know I'd be feeling miserable all day at work for not being there. So I gave him a call and asked about transportation. I pointed out that in addition to getting a ride up there, I'd also need a ride back that night or early the next morning so I can be at work by 10am. He started talking with Charlotte (his wife, who I've known even longer and is part of a sort of secondary family that my brother and I became a part of back in our highschool days [long story]) and they offered to buy me a bus ticket back to Eugene if I can get up there.

    Today at work I was scheduled from 10am to 2pm. After clocking out, I hung out for a half hour until my boss showed up so I could ask him for the day off. He said I'd have to find someone to cover my shift. Got-me-hired-friend had to decline because he's going to a funeral that day. So I hung around longer to talk with a coworker who was coming in at 3 to ask her, and she had to decline because she's going to a graduation ceremony as well. I took another look at the schedule and noticed that newly-promoted-assistant-manager-lady is only scheduled from 8am-9am on Saturday for a mandatory manager  meeting. So I asked her, and she was able to do it. I was so happy I gave her a hug. With that hurdle crossed, I cleared things with boss-dude to clock back in and work from 3 to 8 (making up hours for the later half of my shift on Saturday) and to come in tomorrow from 11-2 (to make up for the front half of the shift).

    After getting home, I started calling some other members of the sort of secondary family, and seeing if any of them can give me a ride. I got on the phone with Charlotte, and we started looking at info on amtrak and greyhound which could work for getting me up there Saturday morning. I'd rather go on Friday night so as to sleep over and hang out and go to the ceremony with them. She mentioned the possibility of a ride share. So I said I'd check craigslist tonight, and if I can't find anything by tomorrow night, we'll do the bus option.

    After posting to the rideshare page, I decided to take a look at job listings on the off chance that there's something better than working at the pizza factory available. I popped open the Writing list, which rarely has anything posted and all, and lo and behold... THE EUGENE WEEKLY IS LOOKING FOR A CALENDAR EDITOR! The job pays 15 bucks and hour, starting at 30 hours a week and eventually moving up to fulltime with benefits. The ad mentions that the position could be a stepping stone to bigger things. They're accepting resumes through Friday... so if I hadn't decided to make an effort to go see a dear friend, I quite likely would have missed out on this opportunity.

    Talk about motherfucking serendipity!

    Good luck on the job!
    avatar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

    Posts : 1067
    Join date : 2015-05-26
    Location : bushes outside Momoa's house

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by rkwsuperstar on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:19 am

    Hello, all. I started back to work Monday and have finally gotten things sort of organized. Sort of. I'm taking one class this semester so I can concentrate on getting healed completely. I'm driving myself, using the walker to get around, and will be heading back to WF for the next few Fridays for PT. I was going 4 days a week, but now I'm back at work, and I can't be driving 2 hours roundtrip every day for PT.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Holy fuck it's already June! That means summer's here.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 pm