TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
James.k.Polk
7 posters

M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 8 Empty Re: M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:

HAH.
    I am not traveling to racist texas with drugs.

I don't find Texas to be racist, but I would advice against carrying drugs. That said, I know nothing of shrooms, couldn't you just get some grocery shrooms, stuff then in the bottom the same carton along with other groceries? I wouldn't try it but it does seem to be one of the easier drugs to move around.

Patch is smart and devious.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am

HAH.

I don't find Texas to be racist, but I would advice against carrying drugs. That said, I know nothing of shrooms, couldn't you just get some grocery shrooms, stuff then in the bottom the same carton along with other groceries? I wouldn't try it but it does seem to be one of the easier drugs to move around.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 11:36 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

No, I was not smoking weed at the time.

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

You know what I'm trying to describe, don't you?
    It happened to you, too.

Yes, but usually mushrooms were involved. Except each time I come back with another tiny piece of the puzzle.

I'm going to go ahead and say that counts.  If you ever come to Texas I want you to bring me a tiny piece of mushroom.

HAH.

But you'll go to transphobic North Carolina.  See how you are?

Without illegal substances.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 11:17 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

It happened to you, too.

Yes, but usually mushrooms were involved. Except each time I come back with another tiny piece of the puzzle.

I'm going to go ahead and say that counts.  If you ever come to Texas I want you to bring me a tiny piece of mushroom.

HAH.

But you'll go to transphobic North Carolina. See how you are?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 11:14 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

It happened to you, too.

HAH.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 11:11 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

It happened to you, too.

I'm going to go ahead and say that counts. If you ever come to Texas I want you to bring me a tiny piece of mushroom.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 11:09 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

It happened to you, too.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 11:05 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

It happened to you, too.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 11:04 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Lies.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 11:02 am

That feeling of glimpsing something bigger, and more connected...

who here has experienced this on a large scale. I know for a fact that there was a time-- I do not know exactly when it was, I was probably in high school, when I was suddenly struck with a realization of *all* the connections? It was like suddenly being in resonance with the native vibrations of the Universe. Suddenly it all made sense. All of the triumphs, conflicts, failures, joys and miseries of the world suddenly made sense as part of a glorious single Thing.

The feeling lasts for maybe a half a second and then the resonance diverges. The Understanding of it all is lost, and you're left with a feeling of profound loss.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 11:00 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Don't care.  I'm still taking cash and making you point to a ticket for me.

Do not let me down on this.

Fair enough. I remember once I had a $50 ticket calling to me. I wanted it, but didn't have the cash on me. I bought a $5 ticket and scratched it off and won $50. I started driving off but stopped, went in and traded it for the $50 ticket. I won $200. So instead of being up $150 I was up $195.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 10:53 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

"Oh, sorry you're not successful in your job, love life, or elsewhere.  You must just not *want* to succeed enough..."

While I can agree that having a positive outlook is a big part of success, there are a lot of people who are never financially successful despite working hard and doing the right things.

A positive attitude to me, makes it easier to accept when things don't go right. This makes it easier to move on to the next idea. It's no assurance that you will be successful by sticking with it. Instead it pushes you to find that thing.

What I was referring to is much more subtle. It's there, you can feel it, connecting to it from time to time, but with a underlying feeling that you can't stay there. Like your pitch predictions. You knew you would be right and you were. It's possible that you could call an entire game, series or season. But if put on the spot, could you? I couldn't. Reality would seep back in telling me, this is a glimpse. To me it makes it that much more interesting.

If I could walk into a store and always pick a winner ticket. I would be rich, probably banned from playing and people would harass me to buy tickets for them.  If I tell someone I'm going in and buying a winning ticket, I'll probably lose. But from time to time, I will see it. A 10 or 20 dollar ticket, I'll see the store, I'll see the color of the ticket. I have stopped what I was doing and drove to the store and bought that color at that cost and won. Once $500, between 50 and 200 other times.

Don't care. I'm still taking cash and making you point to a ticket for me.

Do not let me down on this.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

"Oh, sorry you're not successful in your job, love life, or elsewhere.  You must just not *want* to succeed enough..."

While I can agree that having a positive outlook is a big part of success, there are a lot of people who are never financially successful despite working hard and doing the right things.

A positive attitude to me, makes it easier to accept when things don't go right. This makes it easier to move on to the next idea. It's no assurance that you will be successful by sticking with it. Instead it pushes you to find that thing.

What I was referring to is much more subtle. It's there, you can feel it, connecting to it from time to time, but with a underlying feeling that you can't stay there. Like your pitch predictions. You knew you would be right and you were. It's possible that you could call an entire game, series or season. But if put on the spot, could you? I couldn't. Reality would seep back in telling me, this is a glimpse. To me it makes it that much more interesting.

If I could walk into a store and always pick a winner ticket. I would be rich, probably banned from playing and people would harass me to buy tickets for them. If I tell someone I'm going in and buying a winning ticket, I'll probably lose. But from time to time, I will see it. A 10 or 20 dollar ticket, I'll see the store, I'll see the color of the ticket. I have stopped what I was doing and drove to the store and bought that color at that cost and won. Once $500, between 50 and 200 other times.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 am

James.k.Polk wrote:On the other hand, I want to see this hot dogs thing for myself.

Also I want you to advise me on the purchase of a scratch off lottery ticket.  We'll see if your super power is transferrable.

My super power?

When I am prepping phones to ship back to CPMCI, I often just grab a handfull of bubble wrap packets without counting the phones or the wraps.  Almost 50% of the time, I get the exact right number of wraps.

When I was in high school I could predict the outcomes of baseball pitches fairly well.  I could think "foul ball" and the pitch would be fouled.  I'd think "base hit" and the hitter would make contact.

For some reason I only did that trick a couple of times and gave it up.  Bored with baseball I think.

My superpower? repelling females.

Perhaps Patch is right... You *can* do it because you *want to* do it.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 10:46 am

James.k.Polk wrote:On the other hand, I want to see this hot dogs thing for myself.

Also I want you to advise me on the purchase of a scratch off lottery ticket.  We'll see if your super power is transferrable.

My super power?

When I am prepping phones to ship back to CPMCI, I often just grab a handfull of bubble wrap packets without counting the phones or the wraps.  Almost 50% of the time, I get the exact right number of wraps.

When I was in high school I could predict the outcomes of baseball pitches fairly well.  I could think "foul ball" and the pitch would be fouled.  I'd think "base hit" and the hitter would make contact.

For some reason I only did that trick a couple of times and gave it up.  Bored with baseball I think.

My superpower? repelling females.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 10:26 am

On the other hand, I want to see this hot dogs thing for myself.

Also I want you to advise me on the purchase of a scratch off lottery ticket. We'll see if your super power is transferrable.

My super power?

When I am prepping phones to ship back to CPMCI, I often just grab a handfull of bubble wrap packets without counting the phones or the wraps. Almost 50% of the time, I get the exact right number of wraps.

When I was in high school I could predict the outcomes of baseball pitches fairly well. I could think "foul ball" and the pitch would be fouled. I'd think "base hit" and the hitter would make contact.

For some reason I only did that trick a couple of times and gave it up. Bored with baseball I think.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 10:23 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote: 

As for me, I don't think moving to the desert would make a difference.  My personal theory is that some people live in a world where UFOs and mothMen are things, and some other people do not. If you don't see bigfoot, then it is likely that you *can't* see bigfoot.  He will never come up to my back door and ask if I can share any salt.

I remember when I was a kid and saw a magician do tricks and I was in awe. The same magic applied to Santa Clause and the Easter bunny. Then later as the world grew cynical around me and I learned the truth behind the magic of youth, I held on to the belief that there is still a mystery to the world that people choose to, or are pressured by normalcy, to ignore. I dug into it in my 20's reading about astral projection, practicing Zen meditation, studying different religions, using breathing technics and body language to influence others. It was all fascinating.

I would notice things that others would dismiss as coincidence or luck. I didn't buy it. There was something deeper.

After years of this belief, I let it all go. Not by choice, I just noticed it was gone one day. I accepted that I had been foolish to hold on to it for half a century. I went about the next few months with a belief in nothing. There was an emptiness inside me. I couldn't trust my gut anymore. You know that feeling when you are playing basketball and you throw up that crazy hook shot that has no business going in, but you knew you would make it anyway. Where before it felt like I could almost "will" that to happen, I had nothing. I didn't sink into a depression, but there was less desire inside me.

A few weeks ago, I embraced the mystery again. It has been a part of me for so long, I felt empty without it. I dove back into a the belief, that there was more to the world, if I choose to believe it. I went into a store and picked a lottery ticket that was calling out to me and won $30. I had not won on a scratch off in months. I cooked hot dogs on the griddle waved my hand over the top of them and they rolled whichever way I passed my hand. Sure the blistering skin on the dogs makes them move, but still, with a wave of my hand all 8 rolled the direction I wanted, then back again. When left alone they just wiggled. It was an old trick I have done for years. the kids loved it. I can't explain how it works, beyond it works. (lamest super power ever)

So I'm with you Polk. If you believe you will see. If you don't you wont.

see, I agree with that theory.... to a point.

But recently we've had a bunch of new-agey people philosophizing that one can "visualize" the thing one wants, and as long as our thoughts are positive and our meditations consistent enough, that whatever that *thing* is will come to pass.

That particular philosophy smacks of elitism to me.

"Oh, sorry you're not successful in your job, love life, or elsewhere. You must just not *want* to succeed enough..."

When I was in college there was a radio advice lady show in OKlahoma City radio. One of her big advices to her callers was that if you are nearsighted and need glasses, it is probably because as a kid you were abused. See, you *can't see* because you *don't want to see* and if you could just put childhood trauma behind you, your vision would be 20/20.

On the other hand I am
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 10:08 am

James.k.Polk wrote: 

As for me, I don't think moving to the desert would make a difference.  My personal theory is that some people live in a world where UFOs and mothMen are things, and some other people do not. If you don't see bigfoot, then it is likely that you *can't* see bigfoot.  He will never come up to my back door and ask if I can share any salt.

I remember when I was a kid and saw a magician do tricks and I was in awe. The same magic applied to Santa Clause and the Easter bunny. Then later as the world grew cynical around me and I learned the truth behind the magic of youth, I held on to the belief that there is still a mystery to the world that people choose to, or are pressured by normalcy, to ignore. I dug into it in my 20's reading about astral projection, practicing Zen meditation, studying different religions, using breathing technics and body language to influence others. It was all fascinating.

I would notice things that others would dismiss as coincidence or luck. I didn't buy it. There was something deeper.

After years of this belief, I let it all go. Not by choice, I just noticed it was gone one day. I accepted that I had been foolish to hold on to it for half a century. I went about the next few months with a belief in nothing. There was an emptiness inside me. I couldn't trust my gut anymore. You know that feeling when you are playing basketball and you throw up that crazy hook shot that has no business going in, but you knew you would make it anyway. Where before it felt like I could almost "will" that to happen, I had nothing. I didn't sink into a depression, but there was less desire inside me.

A few weeks ago, I embraced the mystery again. It has been a part of me for so long, I felt empty without it. I dove back into a the belief, that there was more to the world, if I choose to believe it. I went into a store and picked a lottery ticket that was calling out to me and won $30. I had not won on a scratch off in months. I cooked hot dogs on the griddle waved my hand over the top of them and they rolled whichever way I passed my hand. Sure the blistering skin on the dogs makes them move, but still, with a wave of my hand all 8 rolled the direction I wanted, then back again. When left alone they just wiggled. It was an old trick I have done for years. the kids loved it. I can't explain how it works, beyond it works. (lamest super power ever)

So I'm with you Polk. If you believe you will see. If you don't you wont.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 9:50 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Been seeing and experiencing weird shit my whole life Polk. I feel your theory is true. Some people draw certain things, others do not. As for my weekend I worked. So behind on personal work and the night job has been a pain in the ass lately. On the up and up I am traveling to NC this Thursday for the weekend to visit my cousin and his family. I am looking forward to it, as I can really go for the change of scenery. Also Godzilactus releases this Sat. So I expect you to all see it.

Alas. Confirmation that I'll always be one of the mundanes.

N the other hand. My high school buddies and I did experience some madly spooky shit some thirty years ago. I attributed much of it to one of my friends being a bit of a trickster, but he swore years later that wasn't the case.

As for drawing certain things. I'm not sure if that's a typo or if you're suggesting having a kooky imagination is part of the phenomenon.
    \

I meant some people are more open to see/experience certain things than others.

Lies. Daredevil.

My impression is that it's not about being "open".  It's about not having the sensory apparatus to detect it.  A blind man can't become more open to seeing, for example.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 9:43 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Been seeing and experiencing weird shit my whole life Polk. I feel your theory is true. Some people draw certain things, others do not. As for my weekend I worked. So behind on personal work and the night job has been a pain in the ass lately. On the up and up I am traveling to NC this Thursday for the weekend to visit my cousin and his family. I am looking forward to it, as I can really go for the change of scenery. Also Godzilactus releases this Sat. So I expect you to all see it.

N the other hand. My high school buddies and I did experience some madly spooky shit some thirty years ago. I attributed much of it to one of my friends being a bit of a trickster, but he swore years later that wasn't the case.

As for drawing certain things. I'm not sure if that's a typo or if you're suggesting having a kooky imagination is part of the phenomenon.
    \

My impression is that it's not about being "open". It's about not having the sensory apparatus to detect it. A blind man can't become more open to seeing, for example.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

\

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Anyway. I hope you have a fun time in North Carolina. Don't get cute and visit a ladies' restroom while you're there. I hear they don't think that's funny.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 9:30 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 9:01 am

Been seeing and experiencing weird shit my whole life Polk. I feel your theory is true. Some people draw certain things, others do not. As for my weekend I worked. So behind on personal work and the night job has been a pain in the ass lately. On the up and up I am traveling to NC this Thursday for the weekend to visit my cousin and his family. I am looking forward to it, as I can really go for the change of scenery. Also Godzilactus releases this Sat. So I expect you to all see it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 pm

LUmping a bunch of responses into one post.

I think I get the idea behind the Sheepsquatch. A paranormal theory in vogue right now is that aliens and mothmen and bigfoot may be manifestations of some kind of extra-dimensional non-human intelligence. That the same entity might appear to one person as a flying saucer and little gray alien might also appear to another person as a chupacabra or something else.

It's an offshoot of the demonologist's theory of paranormal things. That these things are demons or tricksters and exist to tease and torment us for reasons we cannot comprehend.

The repeatedly abducted person is another current thing. I listened to a "Coast to Coast AM" interview with a guy who claimed to remember having been abducted by aliens WHILE HE WAS STILL IN HIS MOTHER'S WOMB. He comes to this conclusion because he's gone through hypnotic regression and there's no way memories "recovered" that way could be anything less than genuine. This is an offshoot of the old "contactee" phenomenon, where a person who claim to be in periodic contact with space brothers or some alien from the great galactic council or something.

As for moving to the desert or the woods... If you come to Dallas this year I'll tell the story my mom's crazy relative told me when I was a kid. They lived in Broken Bow OK, and there is a beautiful wooded state park there. This old timer told six year-old Polk about a UFO that was frequently spotted there that was often accompanied by a 15 foot tall humanoid creature.

As for me, I don't think moving to the desert would make a difference. My personal theory is that some people live in a world where UFOs and mothMen are things, and some other people do not. If you don't see bigfoot, then it is likely that you *can't* see bigfoot. He will never come up to my back door and ask if I can share any salt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 am