TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
James.k.Polk
7 posters

M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 7 Empty Re: M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Post by NebulaJack Tue May 03, 2016 3:04 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Been seeing and experiencing weird shit my whole life Polk. I feel your theory is true. Some people draw certain things, others do not. As for my weekend I worked. So behind on personal work and the night job has been a pain in the ass lately. On the up and up I am traveling to NC this Thursday for the weekend to visit my cousin and his family. I am looking forward to it, as I can really go for the change of scenery. Also Godzilactus releases this Sat. So I expect you to all see it.

Alas. Confirmation that I'll always be one of the mundanes.

N the other hand. My high school buddies and I did experience some madly spooky shit some thirty years ago. I attributed much of it to one of my friends being a bit of a trickster, but he swore years later that wasn't the case.

As for drawing certain things. I'm not sure if that's a typo or if you're suggesting having a kooky imagination is part of the phenomenon.
    \

I meant some people are more open to see/experience certain things than others.

My impression is that it's not about being "open".  It's about not having the sensory apparatus to detect it.  A blind man can't become more open to seeing, for example.

I think that being open helps enhance whatever inborn receptivity one already has to weirdness. Some people are more naturally "tuned in" to that frequency and are magnets for weirdness.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote: 

As for me, I don't think moving to the desert would make a difference.  My personal theory is that some people live in a world where UFOs and mothMen are things, and some other people do not. If you don't see bigfoot, then it is likely that you *can't* see bigfoot.  He will never come up to my back door and ask if I can share any salt.

I remember when I was a kid and saw a magician do tricks and I was in awe. The same magic applied to Santa Clause and the Easter bunny. Then later as the world grew cynical around me and I learned the truth behind the magic of youth, I held on to the belief that there is still a mystery to the world that people choose to, or are pressured by normalcy, to ignore. I dug into it in my 20's reading about astral projection, practicing Zen meditation, studying different religions, using breathing technics and body language to influence others. It was all fascinating.

I would notice things that others would dismiss as coincidence or luck. I didn't buy it. There was something deeper.

After years of this belief, I let it all go. Not by choice, I just noticed it was gone one day. I accepted that I had been foolish to hold on to it for half a century. I went about the next few months with a belief in nothing. There was an emptiness inside me. I couldn't trust my gut anymore. You know that feeling when you are playing basketball and you throw up that crazy hook shot that has no business going in, but you knew you would make it anyway. Where before it felt like I could almost "will" that to happen, I had nothing. I didn't sink into a depression, but there was less desire inside me.

A few weeks ago, I embraced the mystery again. It has been a part of me for so long, I felt empty without it. I dove back into a the belief, that there was more to the world, if I choose to believe it. I went into a store and picked a lottery ticket that was calling out to me and won $30. I had not won on a scratch off in months. I cooked hot dogs on the griddle waved my hand over the top of them and they rolled whichever way I passed my hand. Sure the blistering skin on the dogs makes them move, but still, with a wave of my hand all 8 rolled the direction I wanted, then back again. When left alone they just wiggled. It was an old trick I have done for years. the kids loved it. I can't explain how it works, beyond it works. (lamest super power ever)

So I'm with you Polk. If you believe you will see. If you don't you wont.

see, I agree with that theory.... to a point.

But recently we've had a bunch of new-agey people philosophizing that one can "visualize" the thing one wants, and as long as our thoughts are positive and our meditations consistent enough, that whatever that *thing* is will come to pass.  

That particular philosophy smacks of elitism to me.

"Oh, sorry you're not successful in your job, love life, or elsewhere.  You must just not *want* to succeed enough..."

While I can agree that having a positive outlook is a big part of success, there are a lot of people who are never financially successful despite working hard and doing the right things.

When I was in college there was a radio advice lady show in OKlahoma City radio.  One of her big advices to her callers was that if you are nearsighted and need glasses, it is probably because as a kid you were abused.  See, you *can't see* because you *don't want to see* and if you could just put childhood trauma behind you, your vision would be 20/20.

You've got a point on the over emphasis of positive thinking. One of the pitfalls of being into the paranormal/weirdness is that it's very easy to encounter flaky goofballs who sincerely believe a lot of bullshit.

That said, I agree with Parch about the need to embrace mystery. Over the years my receptivity has fluctuated. I've sometimes felt a high level of seeing a glimpse of the wider, weirder world for a few years, and then felt more like some delusional putz who can't accept the limitations of "reality" very well. Times when I've closed myself off completely to strangeness and tried to accept a completely mundane view of life, I've felt emptier.

At this point, I'd describe myself as the seemingly paradoxical mix of being an atheist who believes in magic. I'm not 100% convinced that there's no god, I just don't find any of the proposed beliefs of what he/it is to be convincing, and the idea of a universe without a god seems no less explicable or believable to me than a universe with one. At the same time, I feel like there's a sort of shared mental space that humans can reach where we see a wider perspective of reality and can influence how we interact with it.

James.k.Polk wrote:That feeling of glimpsing something bigger, and more connected...

who here has experienced this on a large scale.  I know for a fact that there was a time-- I do not know exactly when it was, I was probably in high school, when I was suddenly struck with a realization of *all* the connections?  It was like suddenly being in resonance with the native vibrations of the Universe.  Suddenly it all made sense.  All of the triumphs, conflicts, failures, joys and miseries of the world suddenly made sense as part of a glorious single Thing.

The feeling lasts for maybe a half a second and then the resonance diverges.  The Understanding of it all is lost, and you're left with a feeling of profound loss.

No, I was not smoking weed at the time.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

No, I was not smoking weed at the time.

Lies.

Be honest, Gonzo.

You know what I'm trying to describe, don't you?
    It happened to you, too.

Yes, but usually mushrooms were involved. Except each time I come back with another tiny piece of the puzzle.

I'm going to go ahead and say that counts.  If you ever come to Texas I want you to bring me a tiny piece of mushroom.

I have definitely felt what you're talking about, and while those feelings have sometimes happened when sober, they've been stronger when stoned or on shrooms. I'd love to try DMT someday, because I've heard there's a really profound experience to be had.

Patch wrote:

HAH.
    I am not traveling to racist texas with drugs.

I don't find Texas to be racist, but I would advice against carrying drugs. That said, I know nothing of shrooms, couldn't you just get some grocery shrooms, stuff then in the bottom the same carton along with other groceries? I wouldn't try it but it does seem to be one of the easier drugs to move around.

I don't know that I'd ever have the balls to bring shrooms with me to Texas, but if you ever come out to Oregon I'll get some and we can go out into the woods.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 3:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Today on Destination American, a series about hauntings.  Haunted homes, people who see ghosts.  First up, a single mother lives in a house with her kids.  No issues.  Then her boyfriend moves in and he tells her the house is haunted (he knows because he studied paranormal stuff as a teenager) and THEN things happen.  Noises at night.  A boy is seen outside the window, but he's gone when they get out there so it MUST be a ghost.  So is it haunted or has he planted the suggestion in their minds?

Oh, they use a ouija board and find out they are being haunted by "son."  The boyfriend immediately decides that means it is the spirit of the child his ex aborted and is following him.  Which sounds more like he feels guilty about that.  Do ghosts grow?  How does a fetus appear as a 10 year old at the window and leave hand prints in paint that are the size of a man's?

Turns out the "demon" is using their autistic daughter as a gateway. Autistic kids don't know good from evil, see, so she has no ability to stop the demon. Or something. So they have a home exorcism. She screams a little, then they hear a boom which means the spirit left. And then the house "felt" better. But little do they know...or something. "We thought it had done the trick." Ends with the narrator saying the demon left but the evil remained in the house. ?? Okay.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Today on Destination American, a series about hauntings.  Haunted homes, people who see ghosts.  First up, a single mother lives in a house with her kids.  No issues.  Then her boyfriend moves in and he tells her the house is haunted (he knows because he studied paranormal stuff as a teenager) and THEN things happen.  Noises at night.  A boy is seen outside the window, but he's gone when they get out there so it MUST be a ghost.  So is it haunted or has he planted the suggestion in their minds?

Oh, they use a ouija board and find out they are being haunted by "son."  The boyfriend immediately decides that means it is the spirit of the child his ex aborted and is following him.  Which sounds more like he feels guilty about that.  Do ghosts grow?  How does a fetus appear as a 10 year old at the window and leave hand prints in paint that are the size of a man's?

These shows you know about. It makes me want to get cable so I can make popcorn and be well and truly entertained.

As for small town racism, we had it in Duncan. My father was one of them. Make a nasty racist comment about a black woman...follow it up with "but I wouldn't kick her out of bed"

I hear more racist stuff now from minority people at my work. Mostly joking, but still. Hispanic kid says " I f'n hate Mexicans" black guy "all y'all white people be racist..."

I know they're joking around. But still, I'd be crucified if I made jokes in that vein.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Oh, they use a ouija board and find out they are being haunted by "son." The boyfriend immediately decides that means it is the spirit of the child his ex aborted and is following him. Which sounds more like he feels guilty about that. Do ghosts grow? How does a fetus appear as a 10 year old at the window and leave hand prints in paint that are the size of a man's?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Today on Destination American, a series about hauntings. Haunted homes, people who see ghosts. First up, a single mother lives in a house with her kids. No issues. Then her boyfriend moves in and he tells her the house is haunted (he knows because he studied paranormal stuff as a teenager) and THEN things happen. Noises at night. A boy is seen outside the window, but he's gone when they get out there so it MUST be a ghost. So is it haunted or has he planted the suggestion in their minds?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 pm

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 7 SyqkP2J
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Re: racism in TX.  I don't think as a whole we are racist, but the people who are racist are the loudest and seem to hold public office.  And small towns are the worst.  I hear white people say the N word all the time.  My boss has told me that ALL black people are lazy.  I have a coworker who has said that the "brown people" we hire shouldn't be allowed in the building alone because they could be terrorists.  I don't think they are racist because they live in Texas, I think they are racist because they live in a small town that is predominantly white and have purposefully segregated themselves from minorities and only hang out with people who have their same ideas about things.  I look forward to completing my Master's so I can apply for jobs in larger cities, where these attitudes are diluted and there are people who have experienced things/people outside of their radius of the home and work and church.

That's kind of depressing.  I better find some male butts or something to get this place back where it should be.

Well I do work from home, so my interaction is limited with the outside world. Family,you guys, work calls, sports dads, and the occasional wife's friend. So maybe I just don't see it. Could be a clan march going down the next street over, or a Black Panther rally.

So Gonzo is welcome to visit my non racist house.

It was a rare experience in WF. At the bar, I might hear some redneck say that he hated "that N-music shit" or something along those lines. But moving to Supesville has really opened my eyes to some stuff. And I'm offended that these people think I want to hear it. I've been invited to drive to a mosque in Dallas to throw bacon at Muslims. We've got a couple of people at work who don't eat beef/pork due to religious reasons, and I've been told that I should "sneak it" into their food at Center functions. My boss (former boss now, he retired Friday) has said many things to me about black people. It's pretty depressing sometimes. And while I want to tell these people to fuck off, I also know that I have to continue to work with them for the foreseeable future, so I generally just ignore them and make no response.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Re: racism in TX.  I don't think as a whole we are racist, but the people who are racist are the loudest and seem to hold public office.  And small towns are the worst.  I hear white people say the N word all the time.  My boss has told me that ALL black people are lazy.  I have a coworker who has said that the "brown people" we hire shouldn't be allowed in the building alone because they could be terrorists.  I don't think they are racist because they live in Texas, I think they are racist because they live in a small town that is predominantly white and have purposefully segregated themselves from minorities and only hang out with people who have their same ideas about things.  I look forward to completing my Master's so I can apply for jobs in larger cities, where these attitudes are diluted and there are people who have experienced things/people outside of their radius of the home and work and church.

That's kind of depressing.  I better find some male butts or something to get this place back where it should be.

Well I do work from home, so my interaction is limited with the outside world. Family,you guys, work calls, sports dads, and the occasional wife's friend. So maybe I just don't see it. Could be a clan march going down the next street over, or a Black Panther rally.

Yea, but that's now. Growing up did you have experiences with other people? I think the problem is they grew up with only white kids and then never did anything to meet other people.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 1:32 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:28 pm

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 7 Vs68QFa
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Patch wrote:

HAH.

I don't find Texas to be racist, but I would advice against carrying drugs. That said, I know nothing of shrooms, couldn't you just get some grocery shrooms, stuff then in the bottom the same carton along with other groceries? I wouldn't try it but it does seem to be one of the easier drugs to move around.

Re: racism in TX. I don't think as a whole we are racist, but the people who are racist are the loudest and seem to hold public office. And small towns are the worst. I hear white people say the N word all the time. My boss has told me that ALL black people are lazy. I have a coworker who has said that the "brown people" we hire shouldn't be allowed in the building alone because they could be terrorists. I don't think they are racist because they live in Texas, I think they are racist because they live in a small town that is predominantly white and have purposefully segregated themselves from minorities and only hang out with people who have their same ideas about things. I look forward to completing my Master's so I can apply for jobs in larger cities, where these attitudes are diluted and there are people who have experienced things/people outside of their radius of the home and work and church.

That's kind of depressing. I better find some male butts or something to get this place back where it should be.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Damn I need to dial it back before I get too mean.

That's what I like about you guys. We bust each others balls but don't mean any of it. (edited) Except for Gallen. We all mean that stuff.

Us:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

So what you're saying is that Gonzo doesn't have a girlfriend because all of his girl cousins are already dating someone?

Makes sense. He's funny, smart, creative, not a bad looking guy, just not enough branches on the family tree for him to find love. Shocked Shocked Shocked

He's unconsciously driving women away because of his love for Stormy's mom
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue May 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Patch wrote:

HAH.

Stay off of highway 287 between Vernon and WF. The state troopers have an uncanny ability to sniff out the drug transporters on that stretch. It's on the news constantly, that they've confiscated some amount of drugs. Clearly, the drug people aren't paying attention or they'd start taking some FM roads or something.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue May 03, 2016 1:06 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:It's may day off and I'm going out for a while.  Whether I end up in mall to walk around and shop for black polo shirts suitable for work uniforms, wander around a museum, or just putter around Ikea or an arts supply store I know not.

I do not feel the bern. I was just going to go because I've never been to one and anything is better than Trump. but it's too close to when I have to work so I am not going.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:57 pm

It's may day off and I'm going out for a while. Whether I end up in mall to walk around and shop for black polo shirts suitable for work uniforms, wander around a museum, or just putter around Ikea or an arts supply store I know not.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

That's what I like about you guys. We bust each others balls but don't mean any of it. (edited) Except for Gallen. We all mean that stuff.

You're right. I actually love that guy.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 12:50 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

He'll probably never see us busting his balls here.  He's on his way to a Bernie Sanders rally.

Quixotic.

Kentuckians like their guns. I've seem Doc behind a AK. I cant see him feeling the Bern that much.

He posted something on facebook this morning about whether or not any of the people he knows in KY were going to the rally this afternoon.

Betcha he's going to come back with a Bernie beanie and some stickers.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 12:42 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

He'll probably never see us busting his balls here.  He's on his way to a Bernie Sanders rally.

Quixotic.

Kentuckians like their guns. I've seem Doc behind a AK. I cant see him feeling the Bern that much.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

So what you're saying is that Gonzo doesn't have a girlfriend because all of his girl cousins are already dating someone?

Makes sense. He's funny, smart, creative, not a bad looking guy, just not enough branches on the family tree for him to find love.

He'll probably never see us busting his balls here. He's on his way to a Bernie Sanders rally.

Quixotic.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 12:38 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Makes sense. He's funny, smart, creative, not a bad looking guy, just not enough branches on the family tree for him to find love. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by Patch on Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Claiming Texas is more racist than Kentucky is just Gonzo's way of not having to consider coming to see us.  He hates fun.

Yeah I thought in KY it was passed from husband to wife...I mean brother to sister. Isn't that the same thing there?

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue May 03, 2016 12:34 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Claiming Texas is more racist than Kentucky is just Gonzo's way of not having to consider coming to see us.  He hates fun.

Yeah I thought in KY it was passed from husband to wife...I mean brother to sister. Isn't that the same thing there?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue May 03, 2016 12:09 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

HAH.

Patch is smart and devious.

Claiming Texas is more racist than Kentucky is just Gonzo's way of not having to consider coming to see us. He hates fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am