TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
James.k.Polk
7 posters

M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 5 Empty Re: M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri May 06, 2016 3:18 pm

Happy Friday, all. I have a few more days of this semester. It's really been a beat down this semester, with the accident. They've worked with me and accepted late work, but I still had to get all my assignments done, for the most part with one hand. I'm about halfway through my 14 page minimum research paper due next week. And I've got one final next week. People have asked me how I've spent my downtime, have I been going stir crazy or sick of daytime tv. It's pretty much been a non-stop homework routine with small breaks. Even when I watch stuff and post on here, I have my homework open in a different window.

I've only signed up for one class for the summer semester, to give me some more time to heal and get caught up at work. And have a little time to just do nothing. And post dick pics.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Forgot to add it's not a done deal I just hate hanging around so I told them to call with the interest rate and left them something to hold the car. I'll go back Tuesday after I've beaten them up on the rate.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri May 06, 2016 11:58 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good afternoon you old bastards. I am here in NC. weather is nice. I have a slight hangover. But other than that, in good spirits. It's nice to be in a new setting and scenery. I needed a change of pace. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Same to you youngin.

Car shopping went well. I left them with the deal I was Willing to take and they agreed. $1200 off the asking and 2 years of service. I wanted another 200 off but the guy was nice and I had been bearing him down for an hour.
    No car is a bargain these days. But it's a slick looking car with just a dent in the door I'm fairly sure I can pop out and a bumper that looks a little faded. Low miles so it should last my son a few years if he takes care of it.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri May 06, 2016 10:34 am

Good afternoon you old bastards. I am here in NC. weather is nice. I have a slight hangover. But other than that, in good spirits. It's nice to be in a new setting and scenery. I needed a change of pace. I hope you all have a good weekend.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu May 05, 2016 4:56 pm

I've had 40% more caffeine today than I should have had.

So far I have explained my theory of the Universe and (no) free will.
    Theorized the Universe as a hologram
    Suggested that if the universe if a hologram or a simulation then God exists because someone had to create the simulation.

Also I called my boss to tell her how much caffeine I've had.  She recommends beer when I get off to help even it out.
    Also I told my boss about the lady at the bank I love and how I think she's pregnant because she seems to have a little belly and she's wearing loose clothes.

I really do love that lady. She's married with three kids so it will never go anywhere except in my head.

Update-- I slept remarkably well for someone who had the caffeine I had yesterday. Maybe today is the day I start to cut down... Or push the limit even farther.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu May 05, 2016 3:34 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:for anyone who didn't believe me when I mentioned sending an email to Jimmy Johns about their commercial with the little girl screaming for 15 seconds...

James,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I’m sorry that you didn’t find our commercial as adorable as we did. I will share this feedback with my marketing team to let them know what our customers are saying.

Thanks,
    Christine

at least it's a real response, not an automated "thanks for your feedback."

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 pm

for anyone who didn't believe me when I mentioned sending an email to Jimmy Johns about their commercial with the little girl screaming for 15 seconds...

James,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I’m sorry that you didn’t find our commercial as adorable as we did. I will share this feedback with my marketing team to let them know what our customers are saying.

Thanks,
    Christine
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu May 05, 2016 2:50 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

I just heard that the gap insurance will pay off the rest of my car (the insurance payout didn't cover it) so that's good news.  Now I can afford to get a another car.  May I recommend gap insurance for anyone in the market for a car, because you never know.

Yeah I made that mistake with the truck my ex totaled to teach me a lesson   Evil or Very Mad . Now I always get gap.

And I trim my armpits. I started doing it when I started working out regularly. It keeps down the stench.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 pm

Patch wrote:Afternoon you hairy bastards.  affraid  affraid  affraid

Hope y'all are having a great day. I am off tomorrow. Going to a couple of car lots and trying to find a car for my son. Then off to see my daughter direct her play. Then an early dinner with her and Civil War ( the movie, not what y'all were talking about when Trump gets elected)

I just heard that the gap insurance will pay off the rest of my car (the insurance payout didn't cover it) so that's good news. Now I can afford to get a another car. May I recommend gap insurance for anyone in the market for a car, because you never know.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu May 05, 2016 2:16 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Just finished watching a PBS special about Janis Joplin.  I find it interesting that she went the hippie route of not shaving her underarms but continued to shave her legs and pubic area (I'm not saying she was bald, just that she made sure nothing showed out of the legs of her bikini).  

I find the shaved/ not shaved thing to be interesting. even when I was in college most guys went "ew gross!" if they caught a glimpse of armpit or leg  hair.

Now the young people go "ew gross!" if they see armpit, leg, OR pubic hair.

But shaving/hair removal preferences are strictly cultural.  Thirty years ago, many, if not most, Playboy models sported a healthy patch of pubic hair (or so I'm told! lol) Then in the 90s many women cleared the whole grove.  Now I'm not sure but I think pubic hair is coming back.

I'm of the opinion do what the hell you want.  But armpit hair is the gross one, for me.  Sweat, odor.  I might go days without shaving legs (might?  no, I do.  who sees it?) but I shave underarms every day.  

I just thought it was interesting that she was shaving legs but not underarms.  Though, did any hippies give up the leg shaving?  Not shaving the underarms seems rebellious, but a lot of these women still wanted to seem sexy, so maybe the leg shaving carried on anyway.

I have never shaven my pits. I don't think most men do. I'm beginning to wonder if I should.

I have known women who did not shave their legs.  One was a black lady.  She wore hose and you could A) see the hair trapped against the skin of her legs and B) occasionally see a rogue hair poking up and out through the mesh of the hose.  This was gross to me.

If I don't shave, I wear pants.  I always thought men should shave, or at least trim it down.  Only because you want the deodorant on the skin and if you have a lot of hair, it's mostly getting in the hair.

I tried using a clippers on my armpits once. I feel like the skin swelled or something. It was unpleasant and I have not tried it again.  I suppose having deodorant tangled in my armpit hair is just another thing that would count as a deal breaker for my potential dating prospects.

Well, I was thinking of using scissors. Smile Trim down that 3 inch long hair (I'm using my brother has an example. I'm pretty sure he could braid his underarm hair)
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu May 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Afternoon you hairy bastards. affraid affraid affraid

Hope y'all are having a great day. I am off tomorrow. Going to a couple of car lots and trying to find a car for my son. Then off to see my daughter direct her play. Then an early dinner with her and Civil War ( the movie, not what y'all were talking about when Trump gets elected)

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu May 05, 2016 1:59 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Just finished watching a PBS special about Janis Joplin.  I find it interesting that she went the hippie route of not shaving her underarms but continued to shave her legs and pubic area (I'm not saying she was bald, just that she made sure nothing showed out of the legs of her bikini).  

I find the shaved/ not shaved thing to be interesting. even when I was in college most guys went "ew gross!" if they caught a glimpse of armpit or leg  hair.

But shaving/hair removal preferences are strictly cultural.  Thirty years ago, many, if not most, Playboy models sported a healthy patch of pubic hair (or so I'm told! lol) Then in the 90s many women cleared the whole grove.  Now I'm not sure but I think pubic hair is coming back.

I'm of the opinion do what the hell you want.  But armpit hair is the gross one, for me.  Sweat, odor.  I might go days without shaving legs (might?  no, I do.  who sees it?) but I shave underarms every day.  

I just thought it was interesting that she was shaving legs but not underarms.  Though, did any hippies give up the leg shaving?  Not shaving the underarms seems rebellious, but a lot of these women still wanted to seem sexy, so maybe the leg shaving carried on anyway.

I have never shaven my pits. I don't think most men do. I'm beginning to wonder if I should.

I have known women who did not shave their legs.  One was a black lady.  She wore hose and you could A) see the hair trapped against the skin of her legs and B) occasionally see a rogue hair poking up and out through the mesh of the hose.  This was gross to me.

If I don't shave, I wear pants.  I always thought men should shave, or at least trim it down.  Only because you want the deodorant on the skin and if you have a lot of hair, it's mostly getting in the hair.

I tried using a clippers on my armpits once. I feel like the skin swelled or something. It was unpleasant and I have not tried it again. I suppose having deodorant tangled in my armpit hair is just another thing that would count as a deal breaker for my potential dating prospects.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu May 05, 2016 11:57 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

If I don't shave, I wear pants. I always thought men should shave, or at least trim it down. Only because you want the deodorant on the skin and if you have a lot of hair, it's mostly getting in the hair.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

In late middle school/early high school my brother dated a chick that didn't shave her pits or legs. Among our friends it wasn't considered a big deal. I only heard one person insult her, and that was some gal who was jealous of her because of who she was dating after she and my brother broke up.

On the flip side, I knew a guy who shave his legs and pits because he was on the swim team and body hair apparently slows people down when they're swimming.

To me, it should be a matter of practicality. Unless there's some benefit to be gained by the hassle of shaving, why the hell bother?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I have known women who did not shave their legs. One was a black lady. She wore hose and you could A) see the hair trapped against the skin of her legs and B) occasionally see a rogue hair poking up and out through the mesh of the hose. This was gross to me.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Also Here's more Gallen hate. Whatever nonsense you post in the group page is one thing, but when you start posting your bullshit comments on my personal page, thus sucking the fun out of everything I post, that is poking the bear.

I liked your post and his comment just to encourage him.

you son of a...you should have liked it because it was comedy gold.

I can't find it, or I'd go in the comments and call Gallen an asshole who has to re-direct everything into a discussion of how much smarter Gallen is than the rest of us.

I think if you go to Gonzo's page, it's right there.

He also directs any conversation about movies to SW:TFA and his made up problems with it. He posted someplace that Civil War will soon get burned due the SW:TFA effect. Someone replied that CW has gotten nothing but good reviews and his response was to wait, it's coming. ??? The majority opinion is that SW:TFA was good (not saying there weren't quibbles, but I haven't seen anyone say it was a piece of crap).
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I'm of the opinion do what the hell you want. But armpit hair is the gross one, for me. Sweat, odor. I might go days without shaving legs (might? no, I do. who sees it?) but I shave underarms every day.

I just thought it was interesting that she was shaving legs but not underarms. Though, did any hippies give up the leg shaving? Not shaving the underarms seems rebellious, but a lot of these women still wanted to seem sexy, so maybe the leg shaving carried on anyway.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 9:08 pm

Patch wrote:

Also Here's more Gallen hate. Whatever nonsense you post in the group page is one thing, but when you start posting your bullshit comments on my personal page, thus sucking the fun out of everything I post, that is poking the bear.

I can't find it, or I'd go in the comments and call Gallen an asshole who has to re-direct everything into a discussion of how much smarter Gallen is than the rest of us.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 9:02 pm

I find the shaved/ not shaved thing to be interesting. even when I was in college most guys went "ew gross!" if they caught a glimpse of armpit or leg hair.

But shaving/hair removal preferences are strictly cultural. Thirty years ago, many, if not most, Playboy models sported a healthy patch of pubic hair (or so I'm told! lol) Then in the 90s many women cleared the whole grove. Now I'm not sure but I think pubic hair is coming back.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed May 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Just finished watching a PBS special about Janis Joplin. I find it interesting that she went the hippie route of not shaving her underarms but continued to shave her legs and pubic area (I'm not saying she was bald, just that she made sure nothing showed out of the legs of her bikini).
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed May 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Patch wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed May 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed May 04, 2016 3:15 pm

This week we had a big change at work as one of our largest accounts came to an end. It was a tough day yesterday as our boss, who is a great guy, gave us little assurance and less leadership. There was a bit of panic and frustration in everyone's voice on the calls we had.

I held my tongue and didn't yell "You're the leader, Lead!" but it was tempting.

Instead I went to bed last night, tossed, turned, thought and had nothing, but approaches to use after I got my foot in the door. I fell asleep and when I woke up this morning I had it. An "In" to get my foot in the door. I hit the web and lined up some prospects. Sales is not my job, but if pushed, I can do anything. I threw out my bait and got a hit, then another, got a lead for a third that didn't play out, but it got me a contact to approach later.

Everything timed out great. It looks like I have brought 2 new companies into the fold.

Is that the "at least 2" that I eluded to yesterday? No, but its a promising start. More on that later.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed May 04, 2016 2:41 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Didn't make it to the rally yesterday, but I heard Sanders had a HUGE turnout and killed it. As a person of mixed race and darker skin, the thought of Trump being president terrifies me.

He really is working towards arch-nemesis status isn't he?

yes. and eternal banishment

Nuke his group membership from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Didn't make it to the rally yesterday, but I heard Sanders had a HUGE turnout and killed it. As a person of mixed race and darker skin, the thought of Trump being president terrifies me.

He really is working towards arch-nemesis status isn't he?

yes. and eternal banishment

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am