TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
Sleverin
6 posters

April fools thread

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

April fools thread - Page 5 Empty Re: April fools thread

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:28 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:⊂_ヽ                           Guess who got stood up on a lunch date and then got drunk as hell???
       \\                  <-----ME.   GOODNIGHT.          
          \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
               > ⌒ヽ
               /   へ\
             /  / \\
             レ ノ   ヽ_つ
          / /
          / /|
         ( (ヽ
         | |、\
          | 丿 \ ⌒)
          | |  ) /
        ノ )  Lノ
      (_/

I'm sorry Gonzo. For the record I did not get stood up on a date and I still wish I was drunk as hell.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:49 pm

⊂_ヽ Guess who got stood up on a lunch date and then got drunk as hell???
    \\ <-----ME. GOODNIGHT.
    \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    > ⌒ヽ
    /   へ\
    /  / \\
    レ ノ   ヽ_つ
     / /
    / /|
    ( (ヽ
    | |、\
    | 丿 \ ⌒)
    | |  ) /
    ノ )  Lノ
    (_/
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:26 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Any word on if you can are going to be able to make it to the con? I just found out that the concert tickets my wife got the family at Christmas fall on that Saturday, so I'm wanting to go, but it will depend on if we are getting a hotel Saturday night or not. I'm fine with taking two cars, and heading over Sunday. Driving over Saturday, hanging out late, driving back home then doing it again Sunday sounds like a beating.

alas, it sounds as if the comic con is going to be a solo affair for me again.

Maybe I can con Gonzo in to coming.

it's not looking good. my doc says its questionable whether i'll be driving by then. knee has to be able to quickly move/hit the brake. plus, i'm going to have to buy a car, pay some amount of medical bills, so i probably shouldn't spend any extra money. maybe i can find a time to come in a few months, take a vacation a little further out from being off work a month.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:16 pm

well it's my day off and I really need to stop being so sedentary.

I'm going to go have some tacos and then walk around in the mall for a bit.

Later I will make spaghetti.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Patch wrote:Any word on if you can are going to be able to make it to the con? I just found out that the concert tickets my wife got the family at Christmas fall on that Saturday, so I'm wanting to go, but it will depend on if we are getting a hotel Saturday night or not. I'm fine with taking two cars, and heading over Sunday. Driving over Saturday, hanging out late, driving back home then doing it again Sunday sounds like a beating.

alas, it sounds as if the comic con is going to be a solo affair for me again.

Maybe I can con Gonzo in to coming.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Any word on if you can are going to be able to make it to the con? I just found out that the concert tickets my wife got the family at Christmas fall on that Saturday, so I'm wanting to go, but it will depend on if we are getting a hotel Saturday night or not. I'm fine with taking two cars, and heading over Sunday. Driving over Saturday, hanging out late, driving back home then doing it again Sunday sounds like a beating.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:35 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm ready to get this cast off.  It's been fine for the past almost 3 weeks.  But it started bothering me yesterday, my fingers tingling like they are asleep.  I hope this means that my hand is healed and is now rebelling against its cage.  Less than 2 days to go now...

I'm glad yo hear it's almost off.  Looks like you and I are the only ones coming around here much. At least during the week. Unfortunately my weekend are pretty packed so I don't get much internet goof off time

I still read everything.  Sometimes I see something well after it was posted and it seems pointless to reply.  And since Arkay expressed a reluctance to share details about her accident and recovery,  I have held onto some comments rather than post them.

well, you guys are my friends. i share stuff with y'all, though i do keep some things to myself. its people i work with that i don't want to talk to.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:12 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm ready to get this cast off.  It's been fine for the past almost 3 weeks.  But it started bothering me yesterday, my fingers tingling like they are asleep.  I hope this means that my hand is healed and is now rebelling against its cage.  Less than 2 days to go now...

I'm glad yo hear it's almost off.  Looks like you and I are the only ones coming around here much. At least during the week. Unfortunately my weekend are pretty packed so I don't get much internet goof off time

I still read everything. Sometimes I see something well after it was posted and it seems pointless to reply. And since Arkay expressed a reluctance to share details about her accident and recovery, I have held onto some comments rather than post them.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:57 am

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm ready to get this cast off. It's been fine for the past almost 3 weeks. But it started bothering me yesterday, my fingers tingling like they are asleep. I hope this means that my hand is healed and is now rebelling against its cage. Less than 2 days to go now...
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Patch wrote:Saw this today and since I qualify and will someday apply to you, I thought I would post.

I’ve learned over the last 50 years.

50 doesn’t feel like 50.  It doesn’t feel like the age you imagined when you are in your 20’s or 30’s.  For the most part, it feels the way you feel right now.  But smarter and more confident.  You also have more time and resources to enjoy life.  So don’t fear it.  Look forward to it.

Experience life before you settle down.  Whatever it is you want to do or experience, do as much of it as you can before you have children.  Especially travel.  Live in a hovel and drive a beat-up Dodge Dart if you have to.  But go have some really great, amazing, mind-blowing experiences.

Money and stuff are not all that important.  Yes, you want enough to be comfortable and do the things you want to do.  But accumulating for the sake of accumulating is so boring and empty.  Feed the soul, not the ego.

Don’t try to impress people.  That’s an act that brings nothing but a momentary ego boost.  Be real with people instead.  Connect with fewer people on a level that is deeper and more profound.

Let your kids fail.  Your kids will be okay, even if you think they are headed for the juvie right now.  Don’t come to their rescue all the time.  Don’t manage every detail of their lives or over-schedule them with tao quan dao or viola lessons.  Give them some boundaries, and then relax about them.

Bad things will happen.  Part of living and getting older is experiencing upheavals in life.  People lose jobs, get divorced, die.  When you are younger, and things have gone pretty well, this can be shocking.  The bad things won’t kill you.  You will learn from them if you allow it.

Not much is worth fighting about.  If you can avoid it, don’t fight.  Step back from arguments with your spouse or family member or neighbor.  When you feel anger surging up and you want to say that snarky thing on the tip of your tongue, just close your mouth and walk away.  Let yourself calm down.  You don’t have to be right or win the argument.  It just doesn’t matter that much.

Little things stick with you.  So pay attention to them.  Like watching your child sleep.  Preparing a meal with your family.  Sharing a great laugh with an old friend.  That is the real stuff life is made of.

Keep having fun.  Fun is way underrated.  With all of our responsibilities, fun seems like an indulgence.  It shouldn’t be.  It should be a requirement.  Remember what you did to have fun when you were younger, and go do it again.
    Leave the house messy and the yard un-mowed for the weekend.  You will remember the fun, not the clean house or yard.  Make time for fun.

Make things simpler.  Pick the five most important things in your life now, and focus on those things.  Let the other stuff go.  Let go of the activities, the events, the commitments, the shopping, the to-do lists.  Stop the busyness and really enjoy the important things you have right now.

Keep your brain active.  Don’t get into a mental rut.  Do new things, learn new things, explore new ideas in all areas of your life.  Keep challenging yourself and your mind.  Be curious and interested in the world around you
    Hang out with younger people.  Stay connected with what the generation behind you is doing and thinking.  Establish friendships with them.  You will benefit and learn from each other.  Don’t act superior, because younger people may know a whole lot more than you do!

Keep exercising and eating healthy.  You know this, but I’ll remind you anyway.  The older you get, the more important a healthy lifestyle is.  In my 20’s, I could shovel down a Wendy’s hamburger and fries every day and never see the difference.  Now I just look at a hamburger and my butt gets bigger.

Manage aging, but why fight it?  You can spend a fortune on face creams, plastic surgery, hair growth formulas, and botox, but eventually you realize you are fighting an uphill battle.  Groom yourself nicely.  Stay fit.  Have unsightly things removed.  But accept the beauty of aging.  A striking mature man or woman is much more attractive than someone who looks overly taunt, tanned or top-heavy.

Everyone doesn’t have to like you and vice versa.  One of my friends likes to say, “She’s not in my cluster.”  Sometimes there are people in your life who are just not the right fit or who drain you dry.  It is fine to back off from them or even let them go.

Marriages evolve and change.  The feelings you had for the man or woman you married will mutate and evolve several times over the life of a marriage.  Hopefully you will evolve in the same direction or at least embrace and accept the changes in the other person.  It takes work, and sometimes it takes counseling.  Don’t gloss over those changes or you may wake up next to a stranger one day.

Yes, you can still have great sex.  When I was in my 20’s, I thought you stopped doing it when you were in your early 40’s.  I assumed middle aged people would no longer want to disrobe in front of each other.  I’m happy to inform you that this is not the case.

Tend to your friendships.  Especially your oldest friendships.  These are the people who know and love you best, in spite of your flaws.  Treat them like the precious gems they are.

Stop worrying.  Worry does absolutely nothing productive.  In fact, it is counterproductive.  The more you worry, the more you reinforce the problem or concern in your brain.

Everything is not always black or white.  Life is often very ambiguous.  Sometimes there isn’t a right or wrong decision or choice.  Things are not always completely clear.  You may not get THE answer, so you just have to wing it.

Take action on your dreams.  If you’ve been putting things off — a new career, more education, the big trip — start taking action right now to make it happen.  Don’t dream about it anymore.  Start doing it.

Don’t dwell on your wounds.  Everyone has something that has caused pain and has been limiting them in some way.  If you need help to deal with it, then get it right away.  Don’t let the past limit your future.

Embrace change.  As uncomfortable as it is sometimes, change allows us to stretch and grow.  New things feel awkward and scary at first, but those feelings go away, and you are left with something bigger and bolder in your life.

Be vulnerable.  Allow yourself to feel, to be open and authentic.  Tear down any emotional brick walls you have built around yourself and feel every exquisite emotion, both good and bad.  This is real life.  This is how you welcome new opportunities.

Count your blessings every day.  I know, this is a refrigerator magnet line, but practice it daily anyway.  There is so much good, so much beauty, so much love in your life.  What more do you really need?  You have so much right now, you just need to pause long enough to appreciate it.

i enjoyed this
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Saw this today and since I qualify and will someday apply to you, I thought I would post.

I’ve learned over the last 50 years.

50 doesn’t feel like 50. It doesn’t feel like the age you imagined when you are in your 20’s or 30’s. For the most part, it feels the way you feel right now. But smarter and more confident. You also have more time and resources to enjoy life. So don’t fear it. Look forward to it.

Experience life before you settle down. Whatever it is you want to do or experience, do as much of it as you can before you have children. Especially travel. Live in a hovel and drive a beat-up Dodge Dart if you have to. But go have some really great, amazing, mind-blowing experiences.

Money and stuff are not all that important. Yes, you want enough to be comfortable and do the things you want to do. But accumulating for the sake of accumulating is so boring and empty. Feed the soul, not the ego.

Don’t try to impress people. That’s an act that brings nothing but a momentary ego boost. Be real with people instead. Connect with fewer people on a level that is deeper and more profound.

Let your kids fail. Your kids will be okay, even if you think they are headed for the juvie right now. Don’t come to their rescue all the time. Don’t manage every detail of their lives or over-schedule them with tao quan dao or viola lessons. Give them some boundaries, and then relax about them.

Bad things will happen. Part of living and getting older is experiencing upheavals in life. People lose jobs, get divorced, die. When you are younger, and things have gone pretty well, this can be shocking. The bad things won’t kill you. You will learn from them if you allow it.

Not much is worth fighting about. If you can avoid it, don’t fight. Step back from arguments with your spouse or family member or neighbor. When you feel anger surging up and you want to say that snarky thing on the tip of your tongue, just close your mouth and walk away. Let yourself calm down. You don’t have to be right or win the argument. It just doesn’t matter that much.

Little things stick with you. So pay attention to them. Like watching your child sleep. Preparing a meal with your family. Sharing a great laugh with an old friend. That is the real stuff life is made of.

Keep having fun. Fun is way underrated. With all of our responsibilities, fun seems like an indulgence. It shouldn’t be. It should be a requirement. Remember what you did to have fun when you were younger, and go do it again.
    Leave the house messy and the yard un-mowed for the weekend. You will remember the fun, not the clean house or yard. Make time for fun.

Make things simpler. Pick the five most important things in your life now, and focus on those things. Let the other stuff go. Let go of the activities, the events, the commitments, the shopping, the to-do lists. Stop the busyness and really enjoy the important things you have right now.

Keep your brain active. Don’t get into a mental rut. Do new things, learn new things, explore new ideas in all areas of your life. Keep challenging yourself and your mind. Be curious and interested in the world around you
    Hang out with younger people. Stay connected with what the generation behind you is doing and thinking. Establish friendships with them. You will benefit and learn from each other. Don’t act superior, because younger people may know a whole lot more than you do!

Keep exercising and eating healthy. You know this, but I’ll remind you anyway. The older you get, the more important a healthy lifestyle is. In my 20’s, I could shovel down a Wendy’s hamburger and fries every day and never see the difference. Now I just look at a hamburger and my butt gets bigger.

Manage aging, but why fight it? You can spend a fortune on face creams, plastic surgery, hair growth formulas, and botox, but eventually you realize you are fighting an uphill battle. Groom yourself nicely. Stay fit. Have unsightly things removed. But accept the beauty of aging. A striking mature man or woman is much more attractive than someone who looks overly taunt, tanned or top-heavy.

Everyone doesn’t have to like you and vice versa. One of my friends likes to say, “She’s not in my cluster.” Sometimes there are people in your life who are just not the right fit or who drain you dry. It is fine to back off from them or even let them go.

Marriages evolve and change. The feelings you had for the man or woman you married will mutate and evolve several times over the life of a marriage. Hopefully you will evolve in the same direction or at least embrace and accept the changes in the other person. It takes work, and sometimes it takes counseling. Don’t gloss over those changes or you may wake up next to a stranger one day.

Yes, you can still have great sex. When I was in my 20’s, I thought you stopped doing it when you were in your early 40’s. I assumed middle aged people would no longer want to disrobe in front of each other. I’m happy to inform you that this is not the case.

Tend to your friendships. Especially your oldest friendships. These are the people who know and love you best, in spite of your flaws. Treat them like the precious gems they are.

Stop worrying. Worry does absolutely nothing productive. In fact, it is counterproductive. The more you worry, the more you reinforce the problem or concern in your brain.

Everything is not always black or white. Life is often very ambiguous. Sometimes there isn’t a right or wrong decision or choice. Things are not always completely clear. You may not get THE answer, so you just have to wing it.

Take action on your dreams. If you’ve been putting things off — a new career, more education, the big trip — start taking action right now to make it happen. Don’t dream about it anymore. Start doing it.

Don’t dwell on your wounds. Everyone has something that has caused pain and has been limiting them in some way. If you need help to deal with it, then get it right away. Don’t let the past limit your future.

Embrace change. As uncomfortable as it is sometimes, change allows us to stretch and grow. New things feel awkward and scary at first, but those feelings go away, and you are left with something bigger and bolder in your life.

Be vulnerable. Allow yourself to feel, to be open and authentic. Tear down any emotional brick walls you have built around yourself and feel every exquisite emotion, both good and bad. This is real life. This is how you welcome new opportunities.

Count your blessings every day. I know, this is a refrigerator magnet line, but practice it daily anyway. There is so much good, so much beauty, so much love in your life. What more do you really need? You have so much right now, you just need to pause long enough to appreciate it.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:13 am

Morning kiddos. Hope you had a great weekend.

April fools thread - Page 5 5KSppG5
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:41 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote: i dread going back to work and having to talk to people about my accident and recovery.  it'd be one thing if it was just a "welcome back, glad you're ok" but i know better.  everyone thinks they are entitled to details about your personal life.

You should print out a card that says "My recovery was dull, tedious and not at all exciting or worth commenting upon." then pass them out to anyone who asks about it.

we have people who don't read a phone list that i send out and instead call me for the numbers. this idea, while it pleases me, will probably not work.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:07 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote: i dread going back to work and having to talk to people about my accident and recovery.  it'd be one thing if it was just a "welcome back, glad you're ok" but i know better.  everyone thinks they are entitled to details about your personal life.

You should print out a card that says "My recovery was dull, tedious and not at all exciting or worth commenting upon." then pass them out to anyone who asks about it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:29 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:i like to watch house hunters and reno shows because i like seeing houses.  i like to look at virtual tours online, i just find it interesting.  anyway, i watch these shows and am constantly amazed by these people.  "i like homes from the 40's...but i want open concept and big closets."  "i need 2 sinks in the bathroom because we're 2 adults who can't take turns in the bathroom."  or there's no space for a mancave or a media room. or they say something has to be replaced IMMEDIATELY because it's it's apparently physically impossible to cook without granite countertops or mismatched appliances or to walk on carpet.  i know everyone has likes/dislikes, but unless something is broken/stained, is it something you can't live with for a few months?

Don't they set those shows up that way intentionally?  I mean if there wasn't some kind of bullshit fake drama they'd hardly have any show at all.

yea, but sometimes the people are nice. they are positive even when they need to make changes. "i don't like the carpet, but that's an easy change." "these appliances would be fine for awhile." and i've said it before, but shut up about man caves. i get it, its a place to be loud with your friends, but you are a grown man. spend some time with your family. hell, i watched one today, it was a single guy, wanting a finished basement for his mancave. you don't need a man cave, you have your whole freaking house, you live alone.

honestly, i think people want this stuff because they think it makes them seem fancy. no one can explain why they want granite and why they need it before they even move in. it's just that they see it on tv and think it looks expensive and that their friends would be jealous.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:53 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I got my employee review...my boss is outta there 2 weeks from yesterday and is trying to get all his assignments done.  For about the 4th year in a row, the only negative is that I need to be friendlier and make a point of going around saying hello in the morning.  To which my response is the same for about the 4th year in a row...gag me.  I say hi if I pass somebody, but I'm not gonna wander around.  What gets me is that he complains about others who do this, wasting time by "gossiping" yet he wants me to do it.  Whatever.  I'm not gonna do it and I'll have a different boss next year.  

We went out to dinner Thursday and it was one of those places with the long communal tables. So we are making small talk with the strangers next to us and it comes up that I work from home. One of the ladies said she didn't think she could live without the social aspect. I love that I don't have to deal with it. I get sucked into the occasional drama phone call, but those are easy. "I'm getting another call" and I'm out.

Glad to hear the rest of your review went good. How you healing up?

yea, the social aspect is the worst.  i'm not unfriendly, but i'm not going out of my way to make small talk.  plus...i don't really like that many people.

doing better.  swelling is down, my knee has some bend.  i'm sleeping better.  i go on wednesday, hopefully the cast is off and i get a walking brace.

I posted some kind of comment in reply to your employee review story and it seems to have never posed here.  At this point you've commented about exactly what I was going to say.  I hate reviews.

here's the thing-they have to give you a negative. something to work on. i get it. but i know good and well that if i do all this, go wander around each morning saying hi and initiating personal conversations in the hall, then my next eval will be that i spend too much time talking in the hall. and i'd rather be marked down for not being friendly enough than for wasting company time gossiping.

along these lines, i dread going back to work and having to talk to people about my accident and recovery. it'd be one thing if it was just a "welcome back, glad you're ok" but i know better. everyone thinks they are entitled to details about your personal life.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:57 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I got my employee review...my boss is outta there 2 weeks from yesterday and is trying to get all his assignments done.  For about the 4th year in a row, the only negative is that I need to be friendlier and make a point of going around saying hello in the morning.  To which my response is the same for about the 4th year in a row...gag me.  I say hi if I pass somebody, but I'm not gonna wander around.  What gets me is that he complains about others who do this, wasting time by "gossiping" yet he wants me to do it.  Whatever.  I'm not gonna do it and I'll have a different boss next year.  

We went out to dinner Thursday and it was one of those places with the long communal tables. So we are making small talk with the strangers next to us and it comes up that I work from home. One of the ladies said she didn't think she could live without the social aspect. I love that I don't have to deal with it. I get sucked into the occasional drama phone call, but those are easy. "I'm getting another call" and I'm out.

yea, the social aspect is the worst.  i'm not unfriendly, but i'm not going out of my way to make small talk.  plus...i don't really like that many people.

doing better.  swelling is down, my knee has some bend.  i'm sleeping better.  i go on wednesday, hopefully the cast is off and i get a walking brace.

I posted some kind of comment in reply to your employee review story and it seems to have never posed here. At this point you've commented about exactly what I was going to say. I hate reviews.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:56 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:i like to watch house hunters and reno shows because i like seeing houses.  i like to look at virtual tours online, i just find it interesting.  anyway, i watch these shows and am constantly amazed by these people.  "i like homes from the 40's...but i want open concept and big closets."  "i need 2 sinks in the bathroom because we're 2 adults who can't take turns in the bathroom."  or there's no space for a mancave or a media room. or they say something has to be replaced IMMEDIATELY because it's it's apparently physically impossible to cook without granite countertops or mismatched appliances or to walk on carpet.  i know everyone has likes/dislikes, but unless something is broken/stained, is it something you can't live with for a few months?

Don't they set those shows up that way intentionally? I mean if there wasn't some kind of bullshit fake drama they'd hardly have any show at all.

In a sort of half-assedly related topic, being out of work for bereavement last week means I got to skip a stupid management seminar where they wanted to teach us how to manage like "The One Minute Manager." I have no use for stupid little books like Who Moved My Cheese and One Minute Manager. I find them to be trite and basically meaningless.

Anyway I got back to work on Friday and we were having a super busy day. I called my district manager for some reason and she ended the conversation by stopping the conversation and going "I want you to know you are doing an awesome job"

And I immediately recoiled because she was trying to motivate me with the little bullshit "catch them doing something right" thing from that damn book. I asked her just please don't fake compliment me.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:20 pm

i like to watch house hunters and reno shows because i like seeing houses. i like to look at virtual tours online, i just find it interesting. anyway, i watch these shows and am constantly amazed by these people. "i like homes from the 40's...but i want open concept and big closets." "i need 2 sinks in the bathroom because we're 2 adults who can't take turns in the bathroom." or there's no space for a mancave or a media room. or they say something has to be replaced IMMEDIATELY because it's it's apparently physically impossible to cook without granite countertops or mismatched appliances or to walk on carpet. i know everyone has likes/dislikes, but unless something is broken/stained, is it something you can't live with for a few months?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Patch wrote:

yea, the social aspect is the worst. i'm not unfriendly, but i'm not going out of my way to make small talk. plus...i don't really like that many people.

doing better. swelling is down, my knee has some bend. i'm sleeping better. i go on wednesday, hopefully the cast is off and i get a walking brace.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:44 pm

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:32 pm

I got my employee review...my boss is outta there 2 weeks from yesterday and is trying to get all his assignments done. For about the 4th year in a row, the only negative is that I need to be friendlier and make a point of going around saying hello in the morning. To which my response is the same for about the 4th year in a row...gag me. I say hi if I pass somebody, but I'm not gonna wander around. What gets me is that he complains about others who do this, wasting time by "gossiping" yet he wants me to do it. Whatever. I'm not gonna do it and I'll have a different boss next year.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:54 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good evening/morning everyone. I hope everyone had a good weekend/week. Polk I hope you are feeling better. I am giving you one more day of mourning before I start in on you again. Botcon was pretty awesome. It's sad that it was the last one, but I'm glad I got to go. The rest of the week and my birthday was a bust, but it is what it is.

Glad you had a good time. Did you get any cool stuff? I usually go to cons expecting to buy something cool, then come home with nothing. Maybe because my kids always find something I need to buy them. I did get a Serenity movie poster one year.

I got nothing due to being broke. It was $25 just to get in the door.

Have you ever thought about doing a booth on the con circuit and selling art things you have made?

i've considered the cool and hip flea market they have once a month here
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:11 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good evening/morning everyone. I hope everyone had a good weekend/week. Polk I hope you are feeling better. I am giving you one more day of mourning before I start in on you again. Botcon was pretty awesome. It's sad that it was the last one, but I'm glad I got to go. The rest of the week and my birthday was a bust, but it is what it is.

Glad you had a good time. Did you get any cool stuff? I usually go to cons expecting to buy something cool, then come home with nothing. Maybe because my kids always find something I need to buy them. I did get a Serenity movie poster one year.

I got nothing due to being broke. It was $25 just to get in the door.

Have you ever thought about doing a booth on the con circuit and selling art things you have made?

while i agree he could sell his art, its probably more than $25 to rent a booth

If I get bonus I'll kick in an investment

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm