TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

3 posters

Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.  Empty Re: Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.

Post by kegs Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:36 pm

I saw it on the weekend. I liked it. It wasn't Superheroes in a cartoon/comic book world. It was Superheroes in our world. A world very aware that actions have consequences. This is the movie that makes you consider that when you blow up the Deathstar you're also blowing up the innocent people on it. If you want to describe this movie you don't say it's grim and dark, you say it's realistic. And sometimes reality is both grim and dark.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.  Empty Re: Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.

Post by Patch Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Curiously enough, the bad reviews kind of make me want to see it. Might use my gift card to see it on a Tuesday matinee.

Question.  If you prefer to avoid spoilers, why did you look up the reviews in this case?  

Spoilers don't bother me. I'm not big on surprises.

If it's a movie I want to see. I hated Man of Steel so much, BvS never had a chance of making it on my must see list. I have avoided all Civil War info since the second trailer. I went to see Mad Max Fury Road, not knowing much beyond it had been made.

Trailers these days, ruin so much of the movie. The reviews I read today, said almost every action scene you see in the BvS trailers are the last battle. I bet you could piece together the entire thing if you wanted.

I would like to hear what you think about the movie if you see it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:54 am

Curiously enough, the bad reviews kind of make me want to see it. Might use my gift card to see it on a Tuesday matinee.

Question. If you prefer to avoid spoilers, why did you look up the reviews in this case?

Spoilers don't bother me. I'm not big on surprises.
    Patch
    Patch

Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.  Empty Batman Vs Superman Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers You were warned.

Post by Patch Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:19 am

I am not surprised that every Batman vs Superman review I have read this morning, says the movie sucks. I think Nolan's "Knight" trilogy, benefited from the all of the campy Batman movies that came before it. Batman was a dark character, so it was a nice change and reflective of the character. Superman isn't. One of the many reasons I didn't like Man of Steel.

From what I read it's just more of the "Make it dark and gritty" mentality. Lots of Watchmen comparisons. I enjoyed Watchmen, but it was a dark series, so it fit. I loved DC as a kid. Batman and Superman were awesome. They balanced each other. When they clashed, over their differences you understood why. When they found a way to work together in spite of those differences, you saw heroes, willing to compromise.

From the reviews I've read (some of which laid out the entire movie) Superman isn't really heroic, Batman even less so. Clark Kent isn't an alter ego anymore, just grumpy Superman with glasses. Both "heroes" rack up a body count. two different reviews said they don't know what a the R rated version could possibly add, due to the body count in this one. Two others suggested you don't take young kids. (that's going to limit your box office draw}
    The story drags on for an hour and half before any real action happens, and all of the set ups are tossed out, with no explanation, for the big battles. The only thing all of the reviews seem to agree upon is that Wonder Woman is awesome and underused. Most said Affleck did a good job as Batman.

I wasn't planning on seeing it until it finds it's way to rental. Sounds like the right call.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am