TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

2 posters

Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion

Poll

What would your thoughts be on a blockbuster collapse that sent Hollywood into a panic?

[ 0 ]
    Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Bar_left0%Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Bar_left0%Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Bar_left100%Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Empty Re: Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:Dang it didn't post my response. Now I'm not sure I can remember my pointless rambeling

One of the things I love about chrome is that when that happens, and I use the back button, my text is usually still there.

Well done sir. It was still there.

I think we have seen it a few times already. I love the summer blockbuster. Give me a popcorn movie with over the top special effects and I'm happy. So I do remember years on and off that there was a drought during the summer. When they implode, they will cut them back. Something like the Hangover will bring in huge numbers, and they will milk it for all it's worth. Slowly they will ramp up bigger and bigger movies until it pops again.

As big a comic book geek as I am, I started backing off seeing them in theaters. Certain ones like Civil War, I'll see there, but pretty much the rest of the superhero line up for the year, I'll wait and rent. We are getting close to it popping. I think there are supposed to 5 or 6 scheduled for this year. Even though they are competing companies the characters are the same. They are superheroes. Would Star Wars fans be as excited if they had 6 Star Wars movies every year?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Fox never made another X-men movie. Even the best of them isn't that good. Spiderman is a close second. The reboot took all the wind out that sail. Now they are gearing up to do it again. The Avengers I still like, only because it's the only one that feels like the comic books to me.

I think the best scenario for X-Men flicks would be if Wolverine 3 came out just as the implosion hit. Marvel/Disney would still do Infinity War, but maybe as a single movie instead of a split sequel, and Fox would be desperate enough for cash to sell off the X-Men and FF. Having a final Hugh Jackman movie to close out the FoX-Men would sit alright with me.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Empty Re: Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion

Post by Patch Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:00 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:Dang it didn't post my response. Now I'm not sure I can remember my pointless rambeling

One of the things I love about chrome is that when that happens, and I use the back button, my text is usually still there.

Well done sir. It was still there.

I think we have seen it a few times already. I love the summer blockbuster. Give me a popcorn movie with over the top special effects and I'm happy. So I do remember years on and off that there was a drought during the summer. When they implode, they will cut them back. Something like the Hangover will bring in huge numbers, and they will milk it for all it's worth. Slowly they will ramp up bigger and bigger movies until it pops again.

As big a comic book geek as I am, I started backing off seeing them in theaters. Certain ones like Civil War, I'll see there, but pretty much the rest of the superhero line up for the year, I'll wait and rent. We are getting close to it popping. I think there are supposed to 5 or 6 scheduled for this year. Even though they are competing companies the characters are the same. They are superheroes. Would Star Wars fans be as excited if they had 6 Star Wars movies every year?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Fox never made another X-men movie. Even the best of them isn't that good. Spiderman is a close second. The reboot took all the wind out that sail. Now they are gearing up to do it again. The Avengers I still like, only because it's the only one that feels like the comic books to me.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Dang it didn't post my response. Now I'm not sure I can remember my pointless rambeling
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion Empty Special Sunday Poll - Hollywood Imposion

Post by NebulaJack Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:13 am

Give as much or little details in your answer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 am