TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
6 posters

New Haunt for Polk

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

New Haunt for Polk - Page 7 Empty Re: New Haunt for Polk

Post by kegs Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote: And I really felt bad for Katey Sagal.  All this talent and she's stuck saying things like "the glee club is your family!"

After watching her in Sons of Anarchy, I could see her playing that roll if both the family and the glee club were run by Charles Manson.

Ooh.  What if Pitch Perfect and Married... With Children  exist in a shared universe?

Now that I think of it I'd like to see Married..With Children on Futurama.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:06 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I see it as proof that I will do anything I am told to do.  At least where certain people are concerned.

There were a few things I liked.

The Music Producer/Boss.  At first he comes across as generic asshole boss archetype #67.  He constantly berates one of his interns, even inviting him to "sit in a corner" at one point.  They turn generic asshole boss archetype #67 upside down when it is revealed that the one kid he's a jerk to is his nephew who he has agreed to allow to work there as a favor to his brother.

And honestly I can't remember anything else I liked.

I was bored the whole damn time.  And these girls are GRADUATING SENIORS and they never attend class even one time in the whole movie.

I've seen most of the first one, and I don't think they attended class either.  And also, Anna Kendrick was a freshman in the first movie, and some of the girls were older by at least a year, so how did they all get into the same graduating year?

I don't know.  Seriously the one had laugh lines around her eyes and corners of her mouth. Has to be thirty years old if she's a day.  And I really felt bad for Katey Sagal.  All this talent and she's stuck saying things like "the glee club is your family!"

Oh, no, I'm not questioning that they older in real life than in the show.  just wondering how they managed to change the time line from the first movie so they are all somehow in the same grade.

Don't know.  But at the end of the movie there's a scene where they are giving Katey Sagal's daughter the key to their (sorority?)  house because she's the only one left in the group still in school.

Well, that's ridiculous. In the first one, they show that each year they hold tryouts. That's how they get Anna Kendrick and Fat Amy and quiet ninja, etc. At the end of that movie, they show the girls watching the tryouts the next year (they won the national championship or something, so that entitled them to choose the songs being sung at the tryout for their school. or something.) So clearly there should be at least one person YOUNGER than they are when this movie starts. And sorority house? they all live in a dorm in the first one. Clearly, much has transpired in the time between the 2 movies.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote: And I really felt bad for Katey Sagal.  All this talent and she's stuck saying things like "the glee club is your family!"

After watching her in Sons of Anarchy, I could see her playing that roll if both the family and the glee club were run by Charles Manson.

Ooh.  What if Pitch Perfect and Married... With Children  exist in a shared universe?

Sure, I guess you could go that way, but I rather see the PP cast taken out in a motorcycle gang war.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:59 am

kegs wrote:

Ooh. What if Pitch Perfect and Married... With Children exist in a shared universe?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:57 am

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:48 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I see it as proof that I will do anything I am told to do.  At least where certain people are concerned.

The Music Producer/Boss.  At first he comes across as generic asshole boss archetype #67.  He constantly berates one of his interns, even inviting him to "sit in a corner" at one point.  They turn generic asshole boss archetype #67 upside down when it is revealed that the one kid he's a jerk to is his nephew who he has agreed to allow to work there as a favor to his brother.

I was bored the whole damn time.  And these girls are GRADUATING SENIORS and they never attend class even one time in the whole movie.

I've seen most of the first one, and I don't think they attended class either.  And also, Anna Kendrick was a freshman in the first movie, and some of the girls were older by at least a year, so how did they all get into the same graduating year?

I don't know.  Seriously the one had laugh lines around her eyes and corners of her mouth. Has to be thirty years old if she's a day.  And I really felt bad for Katey Sagal.  All this talent and she's stuck saying things like "the glee club is your family!"

Oh, no, I'm not questioning that they older in real life than in the show.  just wondering how they managed to change the time line from the first movie so they are all somehow in the same grade.

Don't know. But at the end of the movie there's a scene where they are giving Katey Sagal's daughter the key to their (sorority?) house because she's the only one left in the group still in school.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Oh, no, I'm not questioning that they older in real life than in the show. just wondering how they managed to change the time line from the first movie so they are all somehow in the same grade.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:43 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:The Bad nerd Reviews Un-Nerdy Movies:

Pitch Perfect 2

Pitch Perfect 2 is a sloppy mess of a movie with a few decent characters and one or two relatively funny lines. As even people who know nothing about anything know, the movie starts with Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy) splitting her pants on stage and helplessly rotating until her crotchal area is in full view of President Obama and his family.

Movie logic means that this  wardrobe malfunction gets her a capella group expelled from a cappella competition, national ridicule, shame.  Polk wonders if one of the slender, cute girls in the group had split her pants would such an outrage have occurred?  I call it "The Melissa McCarthy Effect".  The fat person in a movie will do something clumsy and/or stupid and the repercussions of that clumsy stupidness are proportionate to the fat person's body mass index.

A loophole means that their singing group can still compete in an international a cappella competition (they have those?)  and this bunch of girls whose names I do not know vow to redeem themselves.  Oh and also Katy Sagal is there playing the mother of a young ingenue who wants to join the group.  Of course new girl is a Taylor Swift-like songwriting genius.  She joins Fat Amy (the one who's name I know) and the 28 to 30 year-old college "senior" who lands an internship with a bigshot music producer.  Rounding out the group are:

Offensive stereotype lesbian group member, a chunky black girl with who wears army fatigues and who's first lines in the film are basically "I'm a lesbian, in case you can't read stereotype"

Offensive stereotype Columbian group member, a perky latina who's first line of dialogue, I shit you not, is "I had diarrhea for seven years."

Offensive stereotype Asian girl with long hair and long straight bangs.  She says very little, but at an opportune moment reveals that she has ninja training.

A cast of nearly identical cute white girls I couldn't really tell apart.

This plucky group somehow manages to fall on their faces at every opportunity.  Invited to a mysterious basement sing-off, the lose the grand prize (a forty-two thousand dollar Dave & Busters gift card) because OOPS they accidentally mixed in an original song by Innocent into the mix of 90s hip-hop standards.

Also--

Fat Amy manages to alienate the nerdy boy a cappella singer who loves her.
    Music Intern girl manages to impress her tough music producer boss by doing a Christmas song mashup with  Snoop Dog (randomness alert!)
    Music Intern Girl then manages to disappoint boss by providing him an audition tape of nothing but other mashups. ("I liked what you did before-- never do it again because I will hate it")
    And those are, as far as I remember, the only characters who contribute anything to the story at all.

If I remember what I saw of the first movie correctly, the Asian girl also barely speaks but at one point they are sharing a bus to a competition with the boys' group and she whispers that she sets fires for fun.

In this one she's all quiet and backgroundy until one of the girls gets caught in an Ewok net trap (gets C3PO'd) and Asian girl ninjas up the tree and cuts her free.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:40 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Pitch Perfect 2

Pitch Perfect 2 is a sloppy mess of a movie with a few decent characters and one or two relatively funny lines. As even people who know nothing about anything know, the movie starts with Rebel Wilson (Fat Amy) splitting her pants on stage and helplessly rotating until her crotchal area is in full view of President Obama and his family.

Movie logic means that this  wardrobe malfunction gets her a capella group expelled from a cappella competition, national ridicule, shame.  Polk wonders if one of the slender, cute girls in the group had split her pants would such an outrage have occurred?  I call it "The Melissa McCarthy Effect".  The fat person in a movie will do something clumsy and/or stupid and the repercussions of that clumsy stupidness are proportionate to the fat person's body mass index.

A loophole means that their singing group can still compete in an international a cappella competition (they have those?)  and this bunch of girls whose names I do not know vow to redeem themselves.  Oh and also Katy Sagal is there playing the mother of a young ingenue who wants to join the group.  Of course new girl is a Taylor Swift-like songwriting genius.  She joins Fat Amy (the one who's name I know) and the 28 to 30 year-old college "senior" who lands an internship with a bigshot music producer.  Rounding out the group are:

Offensive stereotype lesbian group member, a chunky black girl with who wears army fatigues and who's first lines in the film are basically "I'm a lesbian, in case you can't read stereotype"

Offensive stereotype Columbian group member, a perky latina who's first line of dialogue, I shit you not, is "I had diarrhea for seven years."

Offensive stereotype Asian girl with long hair and long straight bangs.  She says very little, but at an opportune moment reveals that she has ninja training.

This plucky group somehow manages to fall on their faces at every opportunity.  Invited to a mysterious basement sing-off, the lose the grand prize (a forty-two thousand dollar Dave & Busters gift card) because OOPS they accidentally mixed in an original song by Innocent into the mix of 90s hip-hop standards.

Also--

Music Intern girl manages to impress her tough music producer boss by doing a Christmas song mashup with  Snoop Dog (randomness alert!)
    Music Intern Girl then manages to disappoint boss by providing him an audition tape of nothing but other mashups. ("I liked what you did before-- never do it again because I will hate it")
    And those are, as far as I remember, the only characters who contribute anything to the story at all.

If I remember what I saw of the first movie correctly, the Asian girl also barely speaks but at one point they are sharing a bus to a competition with the boys' group and she whispers that she sets fires for fun.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:39 am

NebulaJack wrote:http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Peanuts-movie-poster.jpg

This poster for the Peanuts movie has increased my cautious optimism by a small amount.

It's not as offensive as it could have been.

Still, too many Snoopy family members.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:38 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I don't know. Seriously the one had laugh lines around her eyes and corners of her mouth. Has to be thirty years old if she's a day. And I really felt bad for Katey Sagal. All this talent and she's stuck saying things like "the glee club is your family!"
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:34 am

kegs wrote:Good morning peoples!!

Hi, kegs!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:34 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I've seen most of the first one, and I don't think they attended class either. And also, Anna Kendrick was a freshman in the first movie, and some of the girls were older by at least a year, so how did they all get into the same graduating year?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 am

Good morning peoples!!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:43 am

http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Peanuts-movie-poster.jpg

This poster for the Peanuts movie has increased my cautious optimism by a small amount.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:02 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Evenin' gang.

evening Nebs. Bad movie review below

I saw. It somehow increases my lack of desire to see the pitch perfect movies, which I wouldn't have thought possible.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Evenin' gang.

evening Nebs. Bad movie review below
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Evenin' gang.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:23 pm

It is so bad. It's like he's a magician.
    One minute he's in a firey wreck the second he's walking away without a scratch
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Patch wrote:Polk. I bet taken 3 is worse
    As for still around. I am. Just enjoying some summer break with the wifey
    Apparently everyone is better at ping pong than me.  Still snacking on some cheese and chips while drinking some blood and honeys isn't a bad way to accept defeat.
    Going to Shreveport tomorrow for a few days but I'll be peeking in

I begging you. Don't give anyone any ideas about making me see Taken 3.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Polk. I bet taken 3 is worse
    As for still around. I am. Just enjoying some summer break with the wifey
    Apparently everyone is better at ping pong than me. Still snacking on some cheese and chips while drinking some blood and honeys isn't a bad way to accept defeat.
    Going to Shreveport tomorrow for a few days but I'll be peeking in
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Dammit, I meant to quote you and ended up editing it. It seems Hannibal is taking up more of my concentration than I thought.
    James.k.Polk wrote:

What I had meant to say was I guess it was a Pitch and a miss.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:34 pm

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:22 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Long story short (too late, I know...) the group goes to Germany, competes in and wins the international glee club sing-off, Fat Amy decides she likes dating the nerdy boy, and Music Intern Girl and discount Taylor Swift produce an original song that gets Intern girl a full time gig as a music producer.  whether or not discount TS also got a music contract for her trouble.

Wow this sounds like a movie I really have to rush out and not see. Ever.
    Fortunately, I had no plans on doing so.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:30 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Pitch Perfect 2

Also--

Long story short (too late, I know...) the group goes to Germany, competes in and wins the international glee club sing-off, Fat Amy decides she likes dating the nerdy boy, and Music Intern Girl and discount Taylor Swift produce an original song that gets Intern girl a full time gig as a music producer. whether or not discount TS also got a music contract for her trouble.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 pm