TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
NebulaJack
Sleverin
kegs
7 posters

Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 13 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Well I have to do my Valentine's day bragging. I think I nailed it this year.

I have roses being delivered to her job today. We leave tomorrow for a weekend at the Gaylord Texan. I've never stayed there but it looks nice. We are having dinner Saturday night at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and I got this little beauty for her.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 13 NkkvvGp

Beat a stuffed teddy bear holding a heart

Hmn...I was making a yarn hanging heart shaped pendant lamp for Valentines day, but we all know how that worked out, so it's currently sitting in the garbage. On the up and up, I now own a hanging light fixture. Kudos to you.

Maybe I'll make one of these bad boys for myself.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 13 T2adow11

Is that a death star? If she doesn't consent to to being your valentine, are you threatening to blow up her home planet?
    Don't be too proud of this threaded terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy the darkness is insignificant next to the power of the sparkly jewellery.

PAY ATTENTION! The one I was making for her was going to be heart shaped and two toned. But events played out differently so I scrapped it. I still have the hanging fixture, so I might make the Death Star looking one for myself...Jeez.

Waves hand...

You will make a Death Star string art light fixture and you will send it to me.

Polk is now Gonzo's Valentine

Don't tease me, woman. I never get shipped with nobody.

My apartment is dark and I can use all the lighting I can get.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 13 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Well I have to do my Valentine's day bragging. I think I nailed it this year.

I have roses being delivered to her job today. We leave tomorrow for a weekend at the Gaylord Texan. I've never stayed there but it looks nice. We are having dinner Saturday night at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and I got this little beauty for her.

Hmn...I was making a yarn hanging heart shaped pendant lamp for Valentines day, but we all know how that worked out, so it's currently sitting in the garbage. On the up and up, I now own a hanging light fixture. Kudos to you.

Is that a death star? If she doesn't consent to to being your valentine, are you threatening to blow up her home planet?
    Don't be too proud of this threaded terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy the darkness is insignificant next to the power of the sparkly jewellery.

PAY ATTENTION! The one I was making for her was going to be heart shaped and two toned. But events played out differently so I scrapped it. I still have the hanging fixture, so I might make the Death Star looking one for myself...Jeez.

Waves hand...

Polk is now Gonzo's Valentine
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Waves hand...

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:06 pm

I use to despise Valentines day. With my first ex, we moved into a new house, bought the furniture she wanted and ran up a huge amount of debt. I was working hard to get back to even when V-Day came along. I bought her a nice card, some candy, and a not overly expensive necklace. I give them to her and she throws a fit because she didn't get flowers as well. I was stunned and pissed. Every V-day after that, she got flowers, that it.

She complained about that too, but I told her I'm not trying anymore. So we both got to hate the day.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 am

New Poll is up. It's one of those open ended things, and I found at least one other thing to say about Valentines day, so I might see if I can come up with anything else tomorrow.

The other day at work I realized that it's a damn good thing that I don't have the power that Magneto has. The guys that drive big trucks, sporty cars and motorcycles who either don't care about fucking up other people's day with their loud engine, or seem to actually get a thrill out of it, would get their shit wrecked on a constant basis, and I'd probably have at least an involuntary manslaughter charge by now. The ones that would really get fucked up though, would be the ass hats that love pumping big black smog clouds out of their exhaust. Even the jack offs who make loud roars with their engines so they can get from one stoplight to another don't piss me off as bad.

Also, there was another minor fender bender while I was on shift. I didn't see it, but I did hear it. Someone hit another guy in the rear, and they both turned into the shopping center to sort things out. I was just glad that I wasn't put in the middle of the thing, since I didn't see enough to be useful. I don't know if the driver who got hit stopped too abruptly or if the other dude was at fault or what.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:28 am

So on the whole Valentines front, being single feels alright this year since V-Day is on a Sunday, and I clock out late enough that there's only two more buses running, so I wouldn't be able to do much on the day itself if I had a boyfriend or girlfriend. I might hit up OK Cupid to see about setting something up in the next few weeks, I find online dating is easier to pull off right after Valentines day for some reason.

Kegs, thanks for the bit about White Canary. I guess it says something about how obscure the character is that there hasn't been a hue and cry about her being "white washed" on the show.

I woke up way earlier than I usually do today, so I've got a lot more slacking time before I have to leave for school. YAY!
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:20 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:My final for managerial finance is today.  Then I will be done with school for over a week!

I invite everyone to raise a glass in celebration.

Yessssss
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:03 am

My final for managerial finance is today. Then I will be done with school for over a week!

I invite everyone to raise a glass in celebration.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:34 am

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Maybe he was suggesting you give her the death star one as an ultimatum of some sort.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:30 am

James.k.Polk wrote:I'm actually quite distressed.

And old.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:30 am

kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow?  I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel.  I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is.  Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it.  I'm not sure about the accuracy either, but I don't think it really matters as any discrepancies can just be attributed to "different earth" plot.  So in some comics the hawk people are a race from planet Thanagar, in others they are reincarnations much like the tv show. And it the cartoons Vandal Savage is immortal because he was originally a caveman that was struck by a meteor.

I'm liking the show, but the writing seems a bit uneven at times.

So White Canary...does she have "powers" of some sort or is she just a great fighter?  Captain Cold and Heatwave...same question, do they have powers or is Heatwave just a guy that carries a torch and Captain Cold...wears blue?

I'm not sure about White Canary, is she a knock off of Black Canary? I know that Black Canary sometimes has a sonic scream power, and other incarnations of her is just a normal person.

Cold and Heatwave fall into that "guys who have super sciencey tech stuff" category of villains. They've just got guns that functionally identical to magical items.

Outta curiosity, does the show require having seen the most recent episodes of Flash and Arrow?

There might be a few minor things here and there but nothing that would cause you to go "What the hell is going on???"

Also, Heatwave is the most useless character to ever be put on tv. IMHO.

Nebsy, in the first ep, when he gathers them all, you see Sara talking to Laurel, who is now the Black Canary.  Something about Sara actually being the Black Canary, then she died or something, and her sister took over.  Now Sara is back somehow, which I guess I would know about if I watched Arrow.  Laurel tells her to join the group and to become the White Canary and gives her a white leather outfit.  That is the extent of my knowledge.  So far, she's just beat people up.  

Sounds like she could be an original character for the show. If she's someone who died and got better, then there's no telling what powers she may or may not have.

White Canary

Thank you
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:28 am

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:27 am

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Like button
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:23 am

I'm actually quite distressed.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:17 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:11 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow?  I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel.  I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is.  Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it.  I'm not sure about the accuracy either, but I don't think it really matters as any discrepancies can just be attributed to "different earth" plot.  So in some comics the hawk people are a race from planet Thanagar, in others they are reincarnations much like the tv show. And it the cartoons Vandal Savage is immortal because he was originally a caveman that was struck by a meteor.

I'm liking the show, but the writing seems a bit uneven at times.

So White Canary...does she have "powers" of some sort or is she just a great fighter?  Captain Cold and Heatwave...same question, do they have powers or is Heatwave just a guy that carries a torch and Captain Cold...wears blue?

I'm not sure about White Canary, is she a knock off of Black Canary? I know that Black Canary sometimes has a sonic scream power, and other incarnations of her is just a normal person.

Cold and Heatwave fall into that "guys who have super sciencey tech stuff" category of villains. They've just got guns that functionally identical to magical items.

Outta curiosity, does the show require having seen the most recent episodes of Flash and Arrow?

There might be a few minor things here and there but nothing that would cause you to go "What the hell is going on???"

Also, Heatwave is the most useless character to ever be put on tv. IMHO.

Nebsy, in the first ep, when he gathers them all, you see Sara talking to Laurel, who is now the Black Canary.  Something about Sara actually being the Black Canary, then she died or something, and her sister took over.  Now Sara is back somehow, which I guess I would know about if I watched Arrow.  Laurel tells her to join the group and to become the White Canary and gives her a white leather outfit.  That is the extent of my knowledge.  So far, she's just beat people up.  

Sounds like she could be an original character for the show. If she's someone who died and got better, then there's no telling what powers she may or may not have.

White Canary
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:57 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Gonzo on Valentine's day
    Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 13 IvbOnrr

Haha....*sniff*

We're all right there with you.  Except Patch.  Patch is the exception to all the rules.

I'm supposed to have wine and pizza with my friend Sarah as an anti valentines day thing, (her recent beau turned out to be a fluke) but I don't know for sure yet.

And watch horror movies? That's my recommendation.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:52 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

We're all right there with you.  Except Patch.  Patch is the exception to all the rules.

Get old it gets easier. You appreciate people, things and life more.

Plus I lucked out to be in a great generation. When I was in my 20's that said "40 was the new 20" This morning on the news they said "50 is the new 20" I keep this up I'll make it to the "100 is the new 20" bracket.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:49 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Gonzo on Valentine's day

Haha....*sniff*

I'm supposed to have wine and pizza with my friend Sarah as an anti valentines day thing, (her recent beau turned out to be a fluke) but I don't know for sure yet.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:48 am

James.k.Polk wrote: Their solution isn't "get better at our job", it's "shut those guys down so the traffic has to come back to our own doors.

Seriously, Fuck CPMCI.

That sucks. My daughter called me yesterday and said her girlfriend told her she was impressed with how hard she worked. Her mother told her growing up, if you don't feel like working just call in sick. My daughter is part time because of school, but gets 39 3/4 hours a week and is doing the work of the manager they let go now. Conforming to the lowest standard, instead of expecting the best from people seems to be how it is these days. On the bright side busting your ass to be the best, makes you easy to notice now, since the bar is so low.

If you make it to Shreveport let me know. There is a oyster bar that makes a mean margarita. Great place, just take a cab, because after 2 you won't be in any shape to drive.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:45 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Gonzo on Valentine's day

Haha....*sniff*

We're all right there with you. Except Patch. Patch is the exception to all the rules.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:44 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Gonzo on Valentine's day

Haha....*sniff*
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:41 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Gonzo on Valentine's day
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:39 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:I found the perfect cosplay for Polk.  Charlie Brown Halloween ghost costume.  All he needs is a sheet with black circles painted on it to look like holes, a paper sack, and a rock.
    Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 13 Gcezjs2

I need all of you to help me convince Polk to wear it
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:36 am

Yesterday... All damn day managers meeting at corporate office in grapevine. Then back to Burleson for mandatory inventory counts. Also I learned that we have a managers retreat to some casino in Shreveport on the 24/25th. This morning, mandatory company-wide conference call.

Did I mention I just want to be left alone to do my already kind of stressful job?

Also the CEO dropped by the meeting yesterday and dropped a bomb. Turns out Cell Phone Mining Corp Inc intends to shut down the service/repair side of my store's business.  Turns out CPMCI hates the fact that some of our stores handle more repair work than their own stores up road.  Their solution isn't "get better at our job", it's "shut those guys down so the traffic has to come back to our own doors.

Seriously, Fuck CPMCI.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm