TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
Sleverin
James.k.Polk
NebulaJack
7 posters

The New Year Approaches.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

The New Year Approaches. - Page 5 Empty Re: The New Year Approaches.

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:39 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    I'm guessing Mrs. Patch would object to you and me hanging out in a nudie bar.

No I put those days behind me. It was fun when I was young and single. It's just a good way to end up single now. And I ain't that young anymore.
    I would feel like a perv going to Hooters these days.

I'm fairly young and I wouldn't go into a Hooters if you paid me.

I went into Redneck Paradise. It was a travesty and I felt dirty afterward.

Hooters is just blah food for way too much money. Here's a burger and cold ass fries which cost $12 bucks because the girl bringing them to you wears booty shorts. I don't go to Hooters because the girls are trashy and I'm too old to be ogling them. I don't go there because the food isn't good enough to make ogling the trashy girls worth it.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

No I put those days behind me. It was fun when I was young and single. It's just a good way to end up single now. And I ain't that young anymore.

I'm fairly young and I wouldn't go into a Hooters if you paid me.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 pm

One of our professors lost both his technicians within about a month-one left to go back to school for a Ph.D. and the other took a higher level job in another project.  He's hired one replacement, and offered the 2nd one to someone that used to work for him.  This guy argued for higher pay, even though he doesn't have a degree which is a requirement for the higher level pay range, and our resident director agreed to raise it a little, but not to the level this guy wanted.  The guy accepted the compromise over the phone and we mailed the offer letter.  We got the signature confirmation card back Tuesday of last week and we have not heard one thing from this guy.  No returned offer letter, no response to any phone calls or texts.  Now, maybe he's no longer interested for some reason, but that's no reason to ignore texts, which is basically burning his bridges for any future employment with anyone out here.  It just seems odd that you would negotiate for more money, verbally accept, and then ignore the job offer you received in the mail 2 days later.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:53 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

My guess is that the same kind of childhood emotional damage that influences a young woman to become a stripper also influences young men to join biker gangs.

In other words, bikers and strippers are part of the same tribe, and it isn't surprising that they should connect.

Back in the 90's I had friends that worked as bouncers in strip joints. So a buddy and I would go out with some of the dancers. You had your druggies, which I steered clear of. The pros, which I wouldn't have been able to afford even if I wanted to pay. Your single moms wanting to make more that waitresses do, and a few entrepreneur types, in it for the money.

Surely you 2 can find something better to do.

I can't think of anything...

That's because you are distracted by the thought of all the boobies.

You guys can go to the arcade place.

I find I am increasingly of the opinion that I would like to see boobies again before it is too late.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:21 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

My guess is that the same kind of childhood emotional damage that influences a young woman to become a stripper also influences young men to join biker gangs.

In other words, bikers and strippers are part of the same tribe, and it isn't surprising that they should connect.

Back in the 90's I had friends that worked as bouncers in strip joints. So a buddy and I would go out with some of the dancers. You had your druggies, which I steered clear of. The pros, which I wouldn't have been able to afford even if I wanted to pay. Your single moms wanting to make more that waitresses do, and a few entrepreneur types, in it for the money.

That's because you are distracted by the thought of all the boobies.

You guys can go to the arcade place.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:24 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

A friend of mine waitressed in a strip club while we were in college. She loved it. The men would over tip like crazy and offer to buy her underwear off her. She'd be paid $200 to take her undies off in the bathroom and let this creep have it. I used to work at a call center, and a woman who was on my team once also waitressed there. She said she made more money on Fri/Sat than she did at the call center in 2 weeks (we were paid between $9-11/hour) and the only reason she worked at the center was for the insurance.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:20 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Not a good idea either.  "Come in and find someone to take all your disposable income" didn't have the same appeal.

It also implies you may score, which is unlikely.

Back when they had that biker gang shootout in Waco(?) there was some discussion that a lot of the biker gang dudes had brought their stripper girlfriends with them to the restaurant where the melee took place.

I wonder how many of them started dating the chicks before they were strippers, or met them outside the club, as opposed to meeting them while passing money in exchange for titty glancings.

I believe in several cases a woman becomes a stripper because of the biker. He's using her to make money. Most of the bikers (and I mean the bad ones, like Hell's Angels) see women as property. In other cases, the stripper is addicted to coke or heroin and the biker uses her addiction to do the same thing-he collects her stripper money, gives her drugs that his biker club is selling.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:19 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:56 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:43 am

Irritable to the point I want to yell at someone until this feeling like the skin on the back of my neck is trying to crawl off my body goes away.

Haven't had more coffee than usual. Spent yesterday relaxing, didn't even go out of the house after I did the laundry and bought groceries.

Gr.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Not a good idea either.  "Come in and find someone to take all your disposable income" didn't have the same appeal.

Back when they had that biker gang shootout in Waco(?) there was some discussion that a lot of the biker gang dudes had brought their stripper girlfriends with them to the restaurant where the melee took place.

I wonder how many of them started dating the chicks before they were strippers, or met them outside the club, as opposed to meeting them while passing money in exchange for titty glancings.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:05 pm

So I talked to the medical company that sent me that refund, turns out it's because some of the charges should have been handled by medicaid. Yay for me I guess. That's 500 I can really use.

Also, new poll.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:48 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:20 am

Patch wrote:

That's why I carry the Gonzo score suitcase.

I'm picturing a Felix the cat type bag, full of shrooms, mustache wax, and VD clinic phone numbers.

https://i.imgur.com/QnN98sR.gif
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 am

I'm picturing a Felix the cat type bag, full of shrooms, mustache wax, and VD clinic phone numbers.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:58 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:22 am

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Marquee sign out side of the local strip club in south Fort Worth...

Come in and find you a side chick.

That's not even good grammar.

Not a good idea either. "Come in and find someone to take all your disposable income" didn't have the same appeal.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:12 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Marquee sign out side of the local strip club in south Fort Worth...

That's not even good grammar.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:07 am

Marquee sign out side of the local strip club in south Fort Worth...

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:47 am

I sent out my unsecret santa gifts today. Polk, I sent yours to Patch to save on shipping costs, since you guys hang out a lot. Arkay, yours was sent solo. I was told they should arrive by next Thursday. Nothing incredibly fancy, just books, but I think you'll enjoy 'em.

Also, new poll's up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am