TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
James.k.Polk
Patch
NebulaJack
7 posters

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 3 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:26 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Sleverin wrote:1. What the hell is the Fortress of Nerditude?

2. Why do trolls have to be serious dicks?  I'm not a spoiler crybaby, but I wish they wouldn't flood every comment section with still shots of the movie and giant text spilling the story beans.  Its more pathetic than annoying at this point.  Is that all these pricks have in their life, to be attention whores?

There are three different factions of people from Topless Robot these days. We're like the X-Men now. We have Blue Team, Gold Team and X-Force, consisting of The Fortress of Nerditude, The Irregulars, and us in the TRV Haunt. I consider us in the Haunt the bastard kids no one likes so that makes us X-force, with the Irregulars being Luke and Rob's precious babies. I'm a member of all three, but hardly ever visit the other two. What's going on the the Fortress is bullshit. We're a small group in the haunt and one really bothers us or wants anything to do with us and I like it that way.

What's going on in The Fortress? I am in the group but hardly ever look at their page.

People are posting massive Star Wars spoilers.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 3 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:40 am

Land of the Lost: Blackout

The Sleestak have screwed with the Clock Pylon in order to bring about perpetual night.  They want darkness so they can go out and harvest the Altrusian Moths that they use to feed their hatchlings.

I sense the possibility of a Sleestak/Mothman war storyline.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:36 am

2. Why do trolls have to be serious dicks?  I'm not a spoiler crybaby, but I wish they wouldn't flood every comment section with still shots of the movie and giant text spilling the story beans.  Its more pathetic than annoying at this point.  Is that all these pricks have in their life, to be attention whores?

There are three different factions of people from Topless Robot these days. We're like the X-Men now. We have Blue Team, Gold Team and X-Force, consisting of The Fortress of Nerditude, The Irregulars, and us in the TRV Haunt. I consider us in the Haunt the bastard kids no one likes so that makes us X-force, with the Irregulars being Luke and Rob's precious babies. I'm a member of all three, but hardly ever visit the other two. What's going on the the Fortress is bullshit. We're a small group in the haunt and one really bothers us or wants anything to do with us and I like it that way.

What's going on in The Fortress? I am in the group but hardly ever look at their page.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:20 am

Patch wrote:Gonzo and Timely's pet

Yes.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:18 am

Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:28 pm

1. What the hell is the Fortress of Nerditude?

2. Why do trolls have to be serious dicks? I'm not a spoiler crybaby, but I wish they wouldn't flood every comment section with still shots of the movie and giant text spilling the story beans. Its more pathetic than annoying at this point. Is that all these pricks have in their life, to be attention whores?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Patch wrote:
    kegs wrote:

I really should be on here more often though.

sigh.

I agree. Maybe this will tempt you to hang around.

heheh. My dad used to work for CP.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Gonzo and Timely's pet
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:53 pm

kegs wrote:

sigh.

I agree. Maybe this will tempt you to hang around.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:47 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

Also, Patch, I got your gift in the mail just now. Thank you so much. I'll probably pick one book to take with me to Missouri and then read the others when I get back.

Good deal I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:31 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:That Fortress of Nerditude FB group had this posted earlier.  "Well, for those of you who are Topless Robot fans but are not a member of The Irregulars, things have been hopping. Questions have been asked, response has been given, a poll has been taken, and the upshot is that Jason Helton has bought a appropriately named domain that was available, and the spirit of TR will live on in the form of.... Ta DA... Whoseresponsiblethis. So from the ashes of the old, the new site is rising, excitement is high, and I am proud of our nerds, for not letting it die. Stay tuned for developments."

Good. I'm glad TR wont go quietly into that night.

sigh.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

That Fortress of Nerditude FB group had this posted earlier. "Well, for those of you who are Topless Robot fans but are not a member of The Irregulars, things have been hopping. Questions have been asked, response has been given, a poll has been taken, and the upshot is that Jason Helton has bought a appropriately named domain that was available, and the spirit of TR will live on in the form of.... Ta DA... Whoseresponsiblethis. So from the ashes of the old, the new site is rising, excitement is high, and I am proud of our nerds, for not letting it die. Stay tuned for developments."
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:10 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

I got behind last season after the halfway point, and I haven't gotten around to catching up yet. One of these days I'll get up to speed again.

I did the same with last season. When I got around to watching it, it hooked me again. I have so much on my DVR to catch up on now that I finished Jessica Jones. Shield had the fewest episodes so It's first. Then Arrow.
    Also Jack your Santa is on the way. I sent it priority mail, but not sure what they mean going from here to there.

Thanks man. I'm headed out of state on Monday, so if it's not here before I leave, I'll have something to look forward to when I return. Also, I grabbed some stuff for you, Polk and Arkay. I might not be able to get it sent out til next week, so it'll likely be arriving after Christmas.

Speaking of which, I have a small gift for you Nebsy. I forgot your address though. If you share that with me I'll get it sent. Should I wait until you're back from your trip so it doesn't get stolen from the mail?

Waiting sounds good. I'll be back on the 30th, so if you send it towards the end of next week or the week after that'll be fine.

Also, Patch, I got your gift in the mail just now. Thank you so much. I'll probably pick one book to take with me to Missouri and then read the others when I get back.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:47 am

[/quote]

Can you take the stuff back that you bought out of your own pocket?

[/quote]

I plan to.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:39 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Speaking of which, I have a small gift for you Nebsy. I forgot your address though. If you share that with me I'll get it sent. Should I wait until you're back from your trip so it doesn't get stolen from the mail?

I have his address. I'll text it to you
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:28 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Good morning everyone. TR's final day sucked, but it didn't have the same level of suck as when the commenting section changed and we were all scrambling to find a place to still connect. So I guess after all my bitching about FB, it did save me from having to go cold turkey. The FB Haunt and this one have been rolling along and I don't see that changing, so here's to you guys and gal.

Schools out early today so I'm burning off some vacation to spend time with the family. We have a big day tomorrow. The ICE display at the Gaylord Texan, snow slides, then the Cowboy game. I hope it's competitive and they haven't tossed the season hunting for a good draft spot. Monday I'm taking the boys to see Star Wars, so I'm avoiding all the spoilers I can. Tuesday my wife and oldest step daughter are hitting the gun range (if it doesn't rain). She has been wanting to go shooting for few weeks. She turn 21 next year and has already asked for a handgun and her concealed carry permit for her birthday. Wednesday or Thursday I'll go see my Mom for Christmas. I got a huge tenderloin for Christmas dinner so I'm sure it will be great (better be for the price they were asking) After that the kids should all have new stuff to keep them distracted and I can try and squeeze on some relaxing time.

I'll be around but not every day. So I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

I was going to go to Star Wars last night at the Supesville theater, but I was dealing with gift-stuff and didn't go.  I might go tonight...

The lady yesterday with the missing gifts...at 5 I went looking for her and her assistant said she was going to bring them "after 5" because she didn't want to put any makeup on and didn't want anyone to see her.  ??  I was up here until almost 7 finishing wrapping and sorting food items and she never showed up, so I went to walmart and bought some jackets just in case.  the families started picking up at 8 this morning, so I wouldn't have time to do anything today if they were missing.  I came in early this morning and there were her gifts.  3 winter coats and 2 pairs of shoes.  I was still missing a couple of toys that were taken off the tree, but oh, well.  Those kids got a few other items.  

Can you take the stuff back that you bought out of your own pocket?

I have no life, so I will be around.Also we will start calling you St. Arkay.

Well, it just makes me mad.  At least tell me what items you have so I know what to expect.  Don't say you have a couple and actually have 5.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:27 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Also we will start calling you St. Arkay.

She does put up with us, so it's fitting.

I believe it's more like you guys put up with me and my constant dick spamming.

I can't say that Timely and Gonzo "put up with" my shipping of them, because I think they like it.

I'm just waiting for the book.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:25 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:

I can't say that Timely and Gonzo "put up with" my shipping of them, because I think they like it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:23 am

Patch wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:23 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Good morning everyone. TR's final day sucked, but it didn't have the same level of suck as when the commenting section changed and we were all scrambling to find a place to still connect. So I guess after all my bitching about FB, it did save me from having to go cold turkey. The FB Haunt and this one have been rolling along and I don't see that changing, so here's to you guys and gal.

Schools out early today so I'm burning off some vacation to spend time with the family. We have a big day tomorrow. The ICE display at the Gaylord Texan, snow slides, then the Cowboy game. I hope it's competitive and they haven't tossed the season hunting for a good draft spot. Monday I'm taking the boys to see Star Wars, so I'm avoiding all the spoilers I can. Tuesday my wife and oldest step daughter are hitting the gun range (if it doesn't rain). She has been wanting to go shooting for few weeks. She turn 21 next year and has already asked for a handgun and her concealed carry permit for her birthday. Wednesday or Thursday I'll go see my Mom for Christmas. I got a huge tenderloin for Christmas dinner so I'm sure it will be great (better be for the price they were asking) After that the kids should all have new stuff to keep them distracted and I can try and squeeze on some relaxing time.

I'll be around but not every day. So I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

I was going to go to Star Wars last night at the Supesville theater, but I was dealing with gift-stuff and didn't go.  I might go tonight...

The lady yesterday with the missing gifts...at 5 I went looking for her and her assistant said she was going to bring them "after 5" because she didn't want to put any makeup on and didn't want anyone to see her.  ??  I was up here until almost 7 finishing wrapping and sorting food items and she never showed up, so I went to walmart and bought some jackets just in case.  the families started picking up at 8 this morning, so I wouldn't have time to do anything today if they were missing.  I came in early this morning and there were her gifts.  3 winter coats and 2 pairs of shoes.  I was still missing a couple of toys that were taken off the tree, but oh, well.  Those kids got a few other items.  

I have no life, so I will be around.Also we will start calling you St. Arkay.

Well, it just makes me mad. At least tell me what items you have so I know what to expect. Don't say you have a couple and actually have 5.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:14 am

Patch wrote:

Yeah. What a dick. THAT'S WHY YOU GOT FIRED YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE...Okay, I feel better now.

I think I won 4 or 5 contests while he was running things, so I have some stuff to remember it by.

You did. All I got was a lousy t-shirt.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 am

Yeah. What a dick. THAT'S WHY YOU GOT FIRED YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE...Okay, I feel better now.

I think I won 4 or 5 contests while he was running things, so I have some stuff to remember it by.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:06 am

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I am a little miffed that I did not get mentioned in the list of regulars..I feel like I was an important part of the group as well...Oh well.

I was surprised you were not mentioned.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:04 am

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:02 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I am a little miffed that I did not get mentioned in the list of regulars..I feel like I was an important part of the group as well...Oh well.

I was surprised you were not mentioned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am