TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
rkwsuperstar
NebulaJack
6 posters

Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s

Poll

Who's your favorite?

[ 1 ]
    Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_left20%Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_left0%Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_left20%Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_left40%Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 5
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Empty Re: Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:38 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Have you seen the sequel?  Talk about sucking.  Leatherface gets a crush and suddenly the chainsaw is a metaphor for sex.

Is that the one with Dennis Hopper? I saw that one in the movies, but don't remember much about it. I also saw the one with Mathew McConaughey and Renee Zellwiger. It was pretty bad.

Yes, it was. I never watched the one with MM and RZ. I did watch Texas Chainsaw, which is apparently a sequel set 20 years after the first one. A descendant receives an inheritance, of a house in the town near the massacre house, and she finds Leatherface living in her basement! Part of her inheritance is caring for Leatherface. It was pretty bad.
    Patch
    Patch

Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Empty Re: Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s

Post by Patch Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:22 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Have you seen the sequel?  Talk about sucking.  Leatherface gets a crush and suddenly the chainsaw is a metaphor for sex.

Is that the one with Dennis Hopper? I saw that one in the movies, but don't remember much about it. I also saw the one with Mathew McConaughey and Renee Zellwiger. It was pretty bad.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:02 am

Patch wrote:Nightmare on Elm street was the only movie on here that made me jump when I saw it. So Freddy gets my vote.

I never got the appeal of the TX Chainsaw. Leatherface was creepy looking, but the movie sucked. It wasn't that scary, it wasn't that gory, it wasn't that good.  The first time I watched it I was disappointed. I even watched it again years later thinking I must have missed something. It still sucked.

Have you seen the sequel? Talk about sucking. Leatherface gets a crush and suddenly the chainsaw is a metaphor for sex.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 am

Nightmare on Elm street was the only movie on here that made me jump when I saw it. So Freddy gets my vote.

I never got the appeal of the TX Chainsaw. Leatherface was creepy looking, but the movie sucked. It wasn't that scary, it wasn't that gory, it wasn't that good. The first time I watched it I was disappointed. I even watched it again years later thinking I must have missed something. It still sucked.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I love them all.  But going with Leatherface here.  First, TEXAS Chainsaw Massacre.  Second, he's not supernatural.  He could literally be your creepy neighbor's creepier son.  Third, he doesn't want to kill you for just one reason-he wants to eat you, but he also wants to make crafts out of your bones and sew your skin into a suit.

Much like RKW.

Exactly...it's why there's only ever a first date.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:28 am

I've got to say it's Micheal Meyers for me. He was the first modern horror movie I saw as a kid. I was alone in a hotel room. Scared myself half to death. Those dead eyes behind that William Shatner face.... ugh.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:08 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:I love them all.  But going with Leatherface here.  First, TEXAS Chainsaw Massacre.  Second, he's not supernatural.  He could literally be your creepy neighbor's creepier son.  Third, he doesn't want to kill you for just one reason-he wants to eat you, but he also wants to make crafts out of your bones and sew your skin into a suit.

Much like RKW.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:16 pm

I didn't get into any of these.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:23 pm

I love them all. But going with Leatherface here. First, TEXAS Chainsaw Massacre. Second, he's not supernatural. He could literally be your creepy neighbor's creepier son. Third, he doesn't want to kill you for just one reason-he wants to eat you, but he also wants to make crafts out of your bones and sew your skin into a suit.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Pinhead (at least in the early movies) always seemed so emotionally detached from what he was doing. There was a sense that he was doing a duty without enjoying it, which somehow made him scarier than the guys who seemed to be getting their jollies from the mayhem.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s Empty Poll 10-6-15 Slasher Movie Monsters of the '80s

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Tell us what you like about your favorites.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am